Green Wanderer's 500th Post

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I work with and have befriended quite a few Brits over here. I find them very interesting, in a familial sort of way. Unlike the GW... When you pointed out his hailing point in America, I think I can understand a little more about him. "GOD forgive me". The area around the borders of New Mexico and Colorado are barren wasteland. Their claim to fame is..... ahhhhh well, nothing! They do have two major claims to fame. 4 points which is the borders of 4 states (Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado), and the beginning of a major flare up of Hantavirus in 1993, those and well ahhhh, the great GW!!!!! :o

And the sex-change capital of the central USA in Trinidad ....... hmmm makes you wonder ...

Must be a Colorado/New Mexico hairstyle.. :o

totster :D

I haven't seen it anywhere else in the country :D

It looks like one of the many airplaines , got a little to close .

That said , my hair is nothing to write home about but you will not see me posting a picture of me in that pose anytime soon .

Well.....I for one give the OP props for posting such a humilaiating picture of himself on the worldwide net for 7 billion (?) potential souls to see. I don't know how he could possibly top this....unless he has a picture of himself screwing the neighbors cat to show the world.

Well.....I for one give the OP props for posting such a humilaiating picture of himself on the worldwide net for 7 billion (?) potential souls to see. I don't know how he could possibly top this....unless he has a picture of himself screwing the neighbors cat to show the world.

:o

They say everyone gets their 15 miniutes of fame , I think his are up .

For a guy who, several weeks ago, was working himself up into a state of moral indignation that people earning more than him dare to spend 600 baht a day on food, greenwander sure does seem to eat a lot . . . . . . .

I suggest cutting his food bill down to 60 baht a day. It might help.

I still think this one is better :D

post-13945-1147342647_thumb.jpg

:o:D:D

post-18822-1147583217.jpg

If you're going to post this sort of pic of yourself on the web Greenie, you should try and get a little fitter first.

Take a look at the Old Croc!

post-18822-1147582945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Old Croc

Must be a Colorado/New Mexico hairstyle.. :D

I haven't seen it anywhere else in the country :D

It looks like one of the many airplaines , got a little to close .

That said , my hair is nothing to write home about but you will not see me posting a picture of me in that pose anytime soon .

Maybe he's a careless electrician.... :o

Actually, I was born in Colorado Springs, which is much bigger than any Thai city outside of Bangkok. I grew up in Denver, which now boasts a metropolitan larger than 2 million and growing, with the current largest and busiest airport in the contintental US (DIA) outside of JFK and LAX...(even bigger and busier than Ohare)

Colorado Springs - population 369,363. So smaller that these Thai cities (excluding Bangkok of course):

Chiang Mai (approx 700,000)

Pattaya (approx 500,000)

Nakhon Ratchasima (427,492)

Source: Wikipedia.

I love these opportunities where I get to bust the bubble of flawed research...

Let's start with Chiangmai

you didn't take the time to actually read through the whole pages of your source and check on wikipedia's page about it's metropolitan area

Chiangmai province is 1.6 million, and they quoted a 700,000 figure for the city but as you read closer, you'll see that this figure 700 k figure actually refers to เขตนครเชียงใหม่และปริมณฑล ketnakorn chiangmai lae borimonton....which translates to chiangmai city and surrounding districts...

You'll see that the actual population of Chiangmai city อำเภอเมือง is only 249,118...where your 700,000 figure comes from is actually including all the surrounding districts (Amphur) which for fair comparison are actually seperate from Chiang Mai city, though urban sprawl is slowly making them connected..nevertheless different jurisdictions/municipalities the same..

Wilkipedia stats on American cities is more precise as it's based directly on the US census which does not calculate metropolitan areas, but actual city limits/municpalities. So thus 369,363 is the population of Colorado Springs city limit, not surrounding suburbs included i.e. Falcon, Manitou Springs, Monument, Security, etc..

You'll see on wilkipedia that the area of Chiangmai Metropolitan area is around 529 square kilometers and the only stat provided for Colorado Springs' page is 481.2 square kilometers. However, for fair comparison, I can assure you that Chiang Mai city (not including surrounding seperated amphurs i.e. Mae rim, San Khampaeng, Jom Tong, etc.) 's area is atleast half the size Colorado Spring's city limit area (200+ square kilometers max) However, if we actually wanted compare the two cities metro areas including surrounding districts/suburbs, Chiang Mai is simply smaller. With only three suburbs/surrounding districst of Colorado Springs (Security-Widefield (38.9 squre km), Fountain (36.3 sq. km), and Manitou Springs (7.8 sq. km), the metro area is 555.1

square kilometers

Chiangmai's metro area including 10 surrounding 10 districts (Amphur) = 529 sq. km

Colorado Spring's metro area including 3 surrounding districts (suburbs) = 555.1 sq. km

Chiangmai's city area (amphur muang) = less than 300 sq. km

Colorado Spring's city area (city limits) = 481.2 sq. km

Chiangmai's city population (amphur muang) = 249,118

Colorado Spring's city population (city limits) = 369,363

Chiangmai is considered Thailand's largest city out of Bangkok Metro area

Colorado Springs is Colorado's largest city outside of Denver Metro area

Colorado Springs is a larger city by both population and area than Chiang mai not including surrounding districts / suburbs.

Therefore, my original conclusion stands : Colorado Springs is (much) larger than any Thai city other than Bangkok.

Pattaya is not actually a city with regular residents. There is no way of doing in actual census with people who actually live there...not just temp workers and holidayers...

The only thing Pattaya has on C. Springs is hookers and bars...

As far as Korat, if you conclude that Chiangmai is bigger than Nakhon Ratchisima and you conclude that Colorado Springs is bigger than Chiangmai, than can only conclude that Colorado Springs is larger than Korat.

BTW, Wikipedia is quite inconsistent with its stats and figures for research purposes. One, it's not fair comparisons with USA figures and Thailand figures as I pointed out above that the US Census is an organized collection of demographics and data of individual district/city specific where as the Thailand stats are rough estimates of entire metropolitan areas and 2. Facts/figures are inconsistent within the site. A good example is if you look here, the city population stats are completely different from any of the pages mentioned...Nevertheless, you can see none of the cities other than Bangkok compares to city population of Colorado Springs. :o

Regarding the airports, I stand corrected. DIA is only the 10th busiest airport of the world...Now that I am research mode, the fact that I meant to say, but recalled wrong, was that Denver International Airport (DIA) is the largest airport in the USA and perhaps even world according to some unconfirmed sources by size (area)

Anyway, for the reference sake, see FAQ number four on this site

DIA is the largest airport in the world, about the size of the city and countyof San Francisco and twice the size of Dallas/Ft Worth airport. There are direct flights to many major cities both in North America and Europe. It is a major hub for United, Continental and Frontier.

:D reminder : if you play with fire, you're bound to get burned :D

Edited by greenwanderer108

GW...you must have been spending quite a lot of time, writing the above....

Where do you find the time to do so? :D ; in your place, being a smart-_ss of 22 years old, I would spend the time in creating (new) business-opportunities and make (more) money for wife, child and yourself...... :o

LaoPo

There is an absolute sense of wrongness about this thread.

It is just wrong.

And he works for 'The Nation' too.

I'll just have to give uncle Yoon an call and have him removed.....

Are you at liberty to reveal what name he goes under at 'The Nation', Samran?

I'd enjoy reading one of his articles.

I like GW, when he first came on the Thai language section he wasn't polite to people,Thais as well as farangs whom he didn't even know, but he calmed down after a few cuffs around the ear.

I thought his comments a few months back about the background to the southern violence were intelligent and well expressed.

Like I said, I don't work for the Nation...but freelance for an affiliate of the Nation Group. I'd prefer not to reveal or have anyone else who knows to put my personal employment information on this or any other thread as I've a lot of (potential) enemies here and I'm sure there are many phychos who have the time to invest if they want to attempt to sabatoge me for whatever reason...

If you're really interested in reading some of my articles relating to Thailand galore...you can access my website via my profile and I have archived most of my writing in Archives section...Note that these are unabridged/unedited versions...

Cheers

Actually, I was born in Colorado Springs, which is much bigger than any Thai city outside of Bangkok. I grew up in Denver, which now boasts a metropolitan larger than 2 million and growing, with the current largest and busiest airport in the contintental US (DIA) outside of JFK and LAX...(even bigger and busier than Ohare)

Colorado Springs - population 369,363. So smaller that these Thai cities (excluding Bangkok of course):

Pattaya (approx 500,000)

you didn't take the time to actually read through the whole pages of your source and check on wikipedia's page about it's metropolitan area

Chiangmai province is 1.6 million, and they quoted a 700,000 figure for the city but as you read closer, you'll see that this figure 700 k figure actually refers to เขตนครเชียงใหม่และปริมณฑล ketnakorn chiangmai lae borimonton....which translates to chiangmai city and surrounding districts...

You'll see that the actual population of Chiangmai city อำเภอเมือง is only 249,118...where your 700,000 figure comes from is actually including all the surrounding districts (Amphur) which for fair comparison are actually seperate from Chiang Mai city, though urban sprawl is slowly making them connected..nevertheless different jurisdictions/municipalities the same..

Wilkipedia stats on American cities is more precise as it's based directly on the US census which does not calculate metropolitan areas, but actual city limits/municpalities. So thus 369,363 is the population of Colorado Springs city limit, not surrounding suburbs included i.e. Falcon, Manitou Springs, Monument, Security, etc..

You'll see on wilkipedia that the area of Chiangmai Metropolitan area is around 529 square kilometers and the only stat provided for Colorado Springs' page is 481.2 square kilometers. However, for fair comparison, I can assure you that Chiang Mai city (not including surrounding seperated amphurs i.e. Mae rim, San Khampaeng, Jom Tong, etc.) 's area is atleast half the size Colorado Spring's city limit area (200+ square kilometers max) However, if we actually wanted compare the two cities metro areas including surrounding districts/suburbs, Chiang Mai is simply smaller. With only three suburbs/surrounding districst of Colorado Springs (Security-Widefield (38.9 squre km), Fountain (36.3 sq. km), and Manitou Springs (7.8 sq. km), the metro area is 555.1

square kilometers

Chiangmai's metro area including 10 surrounding 10 districts (Amphur) = 529 sq. km

Colorado Spring's metro area including 3 surrounding districts (suburbs) = 555.1 sq. km

Chiangmai's city area (amphur muang) = less than 300 sq. km

Colorado Spring's city area (city limits) = 481.2 sq. km

Chiangmai's city population (amphur muang) = 249,118

Colorado Spring's city population (city limits) = 369,363

Chiangmai is considered Thailand's largest city out of Bangkok Metro area

Colorado Springs is Colorado's largest city outside of Denver Metro area

Colorado Springs is a larger city by both population and area than Chiang mai not including surrounding districts / suburbs.

Therefore, my original conclusion stands : Colorado Springs is (much) larger than any Thai city other than Bangkok.

Pattaya is not actually a city with regular residents. There is no way of doing in actual census with people who actually live there...not just temp workers and holidayers...

The only thing Pattaya has on C. Springs is hookers and bars...

As far as Korat, if you conclude that Chiangmai is bigger than Nakhon Ratchisima and you conclude that Colorado Springs is bigger than Chiangmai, than can only conclude that Colorado Springs is larger than Korat.

BTW, Wikipedia is quite inconsistent with its stats and figures for research purposes. One, it's not fair comparisons with USA figures and Thailand figures as I pointed out above that the US Census is an organized collection of demographics and data of individual district/city specific where as the Thailand stats are rough estimates of entire metropolitan areas and 2. Facts/figures are inconsistent within the site. A good example is if you look here, the city population stats are completely different from any of the pages mentioned...Nevertheless, you can see none of the cities other than Bangkok compares to city population of Colorado Springs. :o

Regarding the airports, I stand corrected. DIA is only the 10th busiest airport of the world...Now that I am research mode, the fact that I meant to say, but recalled wrong, was that Denver International Airport (DIA) is the largest airport in the USA and perhaps even world according to some unconfirmed sources by size (area)

Anyway, for the reference sake, see FAQ number four on this site

DIA is the largest airport in the world, about the size of the city and countyof San Francisco and twice the size of Dallas/Ft Worth airport. There are direct flights to many major cities both in North America and Europe. It is a major hub for United, Continental and Frontier.

:D reminder : if you play with fire, you're bound to get burned :D

Dude you have too much time on your hands , get a proper job like a Mulletted gigalo for instance.

:D

Oh Christ . . when will it stop.

Greenie, you really have absolutely no sense of how you come across to other members of this forum, do you?

An acute sense of self-awareness is a wonderful thing. You must have been at the back of the queue when that was being handed out.

Please, for the love of God, calm down a bit and try - just try - to restore your credibility a tiny bit.

I am fairly certain Songkhla and Hat Yai as well as Khon Kaen and Khorat have more inhabitants than Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai is growing very quickly though.

I reckon you're right meadish... I spent the past week in CM and it is nowhere near as big as Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima).

My lady say funny man

big hair and small ham

I am fairly certain Songkhla and Hat Yai as well as Khon Kaen and Khorat have more inhabitants than Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai is growing very quickly though.

I reckon you're right meadish... I spent the past week in CM and it is nowhere near as big as Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima).

Bendix - That's exactly why we find Greenie so refreshing. Common sense, factual information, morality, decency, honesty, integrity, intellect, humility, and physics don't apply to anything that Greenie decides to comment on. It's a whole new form of science fiction, it's kinda like making Sigmond Freud's pet poodle the next captain of the Star Trek Enterprise. It's so interesting to see which way he's going next. I mean come on... when was the last time you had somebody crack off with a smarta$$ remark and then immediately come back with, "I apologize if I've offended anybody". Greenie... don't give up, we're not your enemies, we're your fans, you're your own worst enemy, with every picture you post, and every word you write. You write something that actually deserves recognition, then wipe it out totally with your following post... don't give up.... keep'em coming!!! :o

Please, for the love of God, calm down a bit and try - just try - to restore your credibility a tiny bit.

I put my credibility on the open table all the time by actually doing research and referencing stats and facts as often as possible...

I may not always take the time to copy and paste my posts into word for a spell check and every now and then will post a fact from the top of my head without rechecking it first...but in the end,

The only reference I've ever heard from you Bendix was to your 'high' income...If you think salary has anything to do with credibility, as an investigative objective journalist, I must tell you that you've been misguided.

In otherwords you have no credibility in telling me I need to restore my credibility.

p.s. I have no love for your god...I'd prefer to love the Goddess because she came first and has a better body anyway...

Pattaya (approx 500,000)

Don't really have the time (or inclination) to reply to all of that, but the figure I put for Chiang Mai's population was based on the quote "it is pretty easy to tell when you are in the city of Chiang Mai (pop. 700,000)" taken from the "Chiang Mai" page in Wikipedia. Similarly, the Pattaya page says "the real population is probably closer to 500,000". Finally, Nakhorn Ratchasima's page says "It has a population of 427,492, an area around 855 sq.k.m., and is the third-biggest city in Thailand."

Anyway, it's no big deal either way I was mainly just looking through the pages out of curiosity...

Pattaya (approx 500,000)

Don't really have the time (or inclination) to reply to all of that, but the figure I put for Chiang Mai's population was based on the quote "it is pretty easy to tell when you are in the city of Chiang Mai (pop. 700,000)" taken from the "Chiang Mai" page in Wikipedia. Similarly, the Pattaya page says "the real population is probably closer to 500,000". Finally, Nakhorn Ratchasima's page says "It has a population of 427,492, an area around 855 sq.k.m., and is the third-biggest city in Thailand."

Anyway, it's no big deal either way I was mainly just looking through the pages out of curiosity...

No hard feelings, such figures just jumped my curiousity to thouroghly research it as I've never ever heard any figures for the Thai cities outside of Bkk higher than 250 ,000...and anyway, i'm a city stat fanatic...

And like I said, Wikipedia isn't consistent in all of its stats as far as comparing international cities...meaning all its Thai cities quotes include the metro areas including surrounding districts within 20 km of the actual city, where as the non-major US cities only give you within-city limits figures as I pointed out with C. Springs...

Why is this thread still here? What a waste of time. Man, are you real, posting such ridiculous photos of yoursel on the internet.

Not even worthy of a reply. Get a life!

Off topic maybe, but I think Khon Kaen is bigger than Udon, although most disagree.

Why is this thread still here? What a waste of time. Man, are you real, posting such ridiculous photos of yoursel on the internet.

Not even worthy of a reply. Get a life!

Off topic maybe, but I think Khon Kaen is bigger than Udon, although most disagree.

HAIL TO THE ALL POWERFUL !!!

eergasid tsom hguohtla, nodu naht reggib si neak nohk kniht I tub, ebyam cipot ffo.

efil a teg ! ylper a fo yhtrow neve ton. tenretni eht no lesruoy fo sotohp suolucidir hcus gnitsop, lear uoy era, nam. Emit fo etsaw a tahw ? Ereh llits daerht siht si yhw

Don't you wish you paid attention in German class ? Well, you're right, enough pursuing the TV addiction for one day...off for a beer...oops I didn't mean to rub it in... :o

No hard feelings, such figures just jumped my curiousity to thouroghly research it as I've never ever heard any figures for the Thai cities outside of Bkk higher than 250 ,000...and anyway, i'm a city stat fanatic...

And like I said, Wikipedia isn't consistent in all of its stats as far as comparing international cities...meaning all its Thai cities quotes include the metro areas including surrounding districts within 20 km of the actual city, where as the non-major US cities only give you within-city limits figures as I pointed out with C. Springs...

I must admit, city stats interest me too! Strange how you hear such varying figures on Bangkok's population too, anywhere from 5,000,000 to 12,000,000 (although, personally, I tend to think that it's closer to 12 mil than 5 mil)

Anyway, you're right about Wikipedia and inconsistency, after looking through it a bit more you can sometimes get 3 or 4 conflicting "facts" stated... Guess it's difficult to properly regulate such a huge information resource.

Edited by dantilley

Don't you wish you paid attention in German class ? Well, you're right, enough pursuing the TV addiction for one day...off for a beer...oops I didn't mean to rub it in...

The only way to beat an addiction is to give it up completely :o

I'm off for a jog to keep my body in good shape, oops no offence.

p.s. I have no love for your god...I'd prefer to love the Goddess because she came first and has a better body anyway

This guys patter cracks me up. :D:D:D I have just read through all the posts. Have to agree with many. But i guess that we need people like GW on TV. If only to make ourselves feel better. :o