Hotel breakfast fried eggs

smokie36

Don't blame the hotel chef, its a Thai thing. For my personal rant, me and the wife have totally different views of what a fried egg is. In her mind a fried egg is deep fried, cooked to destruction. When I cook a fried egg, perfectly cooked white, soft yolk, she gives me that Thai 'are you frikkin crazy' look

Kai dow mai suk?

Generally, with fried eggs there is too much oil, the oil is too hot and they are cooked for way too long. Crack the egg/s into a fairly hot oiled frying pan/ wok and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid or newspaper and wait around 3 minutes. If it is an electric stove top then mover the pan to a cold ring instead of turning off the flame.

• Like 1

Don't blame the hotel chef, its a Thai thing. For my personal rant, me and the wife have totally different views of what a fried egg is. In her mind a fried egg is deep fried, cooked to destruction. When I cook a fried egg, perfectly cooked white, soft yolk, she gives me that Thai 'are you frikkin crazy' look

Kai dow mai suk?

Generally, with fried eggs there is too much oil, the oil is too hot and they are cooked for way too long. Crack the egg/s into a fairly hot oiled frying pan/ wok and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid or newspaper and wait around 3 minutes. If it is an electric stove top then mover the pan to a cold ring instead of turning off the flame.

Its not about oiling the wheels....they needed to butter me up properly!

However eggs turn out, it's usually nothing a splash of the maggi sauce can't fix.

oh there is nothing maggi sauce can fix!

i once knew a bird down in patts.shaggi maggi they called her,she had a pair like fried eggs sunny side up.giggle.gif

However eggs turn out, it's usually nothing a splash of the maggi sauce can't fix.

oh there is nothing maggi sauce can fix!

i once knew a bird down in patts.shaggi maggi they called her,she had a pair like fried eggs sunny side up.giggle.gif

Now attempting to use my British translation program, I'm assuming, 'hoping' that by bird you mean some kind of human female. If not our egg discussion has descended to new depths of eggtravity

I never pay extras to include the breakfast into the room cost, if I have the option, and I usually stay in hotels that don't include it anyways. :D Problem solved, always go to a proper restaurant for a full breakfast.

I'm personally trying to avoid ordering eggs at small upcountry Thai restaurants, they don't make proper eggs, in their view, a fried egg means deepfried, soaked in overused cooking oils... a good way to get a heart attack or something else...

• Like 1

Bacon, egg and chhese on an english muff, McDonlds has at least one thing worth eating

Bully's Pub Sukhumvit makes one that tops anything at Mikky D.

Maybe they do, but for those of us who are not in the Nana Plaza area, an Egg McMuffin set makes a pretty tasty breakfast.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I never pay extras to include the breakfast into the room cost, if I have the option, and I usually stay in hotels that don't include it anyways. biggrin.png Problem solved, always go to a proper restaurant for a full breakfast.

I'm personally trying to avoid ordering eggs at small upcountry Thai restaurants, they don't make proper eggs, in their view, a fried egg means deepfried, soaked in overused cooking oils... a good way to get a heart attack or something else...

I thought the Chucs made the Eggs.biggrin.png

I never pay extras to include the breakfast into the room cost, if I have the option, and I usually stay in hotels that don't include it anyways. biggrin.png Problem solved, always go to a proper restaurant for a full breakfast.

I thought the Chucs made the Eggs.biggrin.png

Or the eggs made the chooks....

We will not talk about who made the loverly pair.

Edited by harrry

Bacon, egg and chhese on an english muff, McDonlds has at least one thing worth eating

Bully's Pub Sukhumvit makes one that tops anything at Mikky D.

Maybe they do, but for those of us who are not in the Nana Plaza area, an Egg McMuffin set makes a pretty tasty breakfast.

If they're in Nana Plaza, the only thing on their mind is eggxtacy. hehehe