Hotel breakfast fried eggs

smokie36

Ok this is a light hearted rant as this morning I had to send back my fried eggs tgree times cos the egg station guy kept messing em up.

Eventually he gave up and the waitress turned out a perfect pair....gotta love it!

Anyway....how hard is it to get a decent fried egg here? :D

Depends on what your idea of a perfect egg is... Sunny side up, no problem , over hard... no problem ... over burnt with the whites brown a crunchy... No problem

The only ones having any difficultly are those looking for over easy....

:lol: so true.

I must not be picky about eggs. I never have a problem with them here, although some are better than others. I have never had a really good steak though.

Go to Chockchai museum and restaurant.

The selection of steaks is impressive, other choices on the menu excellent and service excellent.

Really good stuff.

Don't know which country your from Smokie - but avoid any motorway services in Britain. Their attempt at fried eggs are much worse than here. But, you can get some greasy bacon, rubbery sausage and dried up black pudding and stale fried bread though. All for about $20. Still, the baked beans are good!

Have you tried the cheapo food stalls? Krapow Gai or Krapow Moo with a fried egg on top? Give it go then you'll see just how many ways a fried egg can be cooked !!

the last 2 hotels i stayed in 4*bkk.and 4*kk.both had fried eggs that were cooked hrs before breakfast in trays with no heat they were cold,half cooked and covered in grease,complained to no avail to an half cooked service manager.

Don't blame the hotel chef, its a Thai thing. For my personal rant, me and the wife have totally different views of what a fried egg is. In her mind a fried egg is deep fried, cooked to destruction. When I cook a fried egg, perfectly cooked white, soft yolk, she gives me that Thai 'are you frikkin crazy' look

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2