PM Yingluck invites all sectors, political parties to meeting on Sunday

webfact

So you think the 30 baht per house too a hospital per visit was a bad thing for the working people of Thailand??? WHO was that??? Mr T.

so try seeing things with a balanced view even if you don't like the party, credit where credit is due I say...

try looking past your bias and see the meeting of different sectors/factions for what it is, if agreements are made and not kept then let the people judge her.

sound fair enough?

Then you would applaud the people who removed the 30-Baht charge, and frown at the people who subsequently re-introduced it, right ? wink.png

Tell me you do not think he introduced the 30 baht health care Scheme to help people, IT was for the votes this man has no charity in him Period.

Like I said, credit where credit is due regardless of which faction you support, was it a good thing for the working poor of Thailand???

if yes then say yes, if no then say no,,, and now in this current government the 30 baht gig still applies yeah??? But there's more if you take the time to look...

I think you missed Ricardo's point. Thaksin re-introduced the 30 baht health care - it was free before he reintroduced the charge.

PTP want to charge foreigners 500 baht entry fee - do you think that will all go on improving health care?

Who has really profited from the rice pledging scheme? Is the 350 million baht water management budget still there (the cash allocated)? Why was a known criminal fugitive allowed to visit the company awarded the contract? Why was the contract award attempted prior to EIAs, HIAs and public forums being held. Why won't the PM/DM answer the Ombudsman's questions about a certain passport - after 2 years? Should a finance minister be required to always tell the truth?

I could go on and on. Nothing to with bias. Any government in a democracy should be subject to public examination, answer questions in parliament and govern in accordance with the law and correct procedures.

I would make comments on any government that acted like this, regardless of which political party or parties they were.

The PM is required to present the governments performance and achievements to parliament. Yingluck was reluctant to do this, ignoring the fact she rarely attends parliament. When she finally had to do it, it was not exactly full of outstanding achievements.

The 30 baht gig still applies. But, as Ricardo said, is was free before Thaksin re-introduced it.

Why don't you take the time to look yourself and then post a list of the achievement the former PTP government manged in over 2 years of office ? It won't take you long!

• Like 1

Sorry, but I am really not sure that healthcare was free before 2001 30 baht Thaksin's scheme.

Before that date, poor people did not have access to forfeited health care but have only access to normal tariff (many of them could not even afford Government hospital!).

Do you have any proof of that?

For what I read around, I see only that Thaksin introduced the new scheme that helped the poor and rural people (and under 12 years old and over 60 years old, the ticket was free).

Sure, he made it for get sympathy from poors and rurals, and so their votes. But he did that... And I am not defending him, only write what I know, I can still be wrong of course.

• Like 1

Quite a girl this YS! She's already upstaged the Dear Leader by resigning and calling a new election - nothing Suthep fears more than an election which will once again show the he and his Dem ex-chums are disliked by the majority of the voters.

Now she does it again by offering to talk and take on board reasonable measures to improve things. What can Kim-Il Suthep do now. Sit down to tea with the devil herself, and lose face big time, or rant and rave like a wounded buffaloe, screaming hatred to the Shinawatras and losing the support of sensible people every step of the way.

Can you kindly give us the figures that say Yingluck is wanted by the Majority. We know that the majority voted against her. So would you be kind enough to post the new figures you seem to have.

I don't think that is an unreasonable request considering the seriousness of the situation and possibly the direction the Government will take in the future.

Also you might be able to clarify to us why if what you say is true, the majority want her why is she stepping down?

Very perplexing.

Edited by northernjohn

yingluck is a joke of a prime-minister (albeit quite pretty) but she has handled the current situation very well

anyway i hope the opposition grow up, attend the meeting and then focus on modernizing the party to become electable

unfortunately i don't think this is suthep's plan

On the contrary! She (Yingluck) hasn't handled it very well. All she has done after denying having anything to do with the Amnesty for her Brother (which caused the present Peoples Revolt) has backed down on all counts,and finally retreated into a corner,pleading to the oppositions on all counts to show her mercy and fairness,and even managed a Crocodile tear or two.

Does Thailand need to reinstall a weak Prime Minister,back into the same Power? who seems prepared to negotiate with any faction,rather than lose power,completely.That is the Dilemma facing Thailand.

And what more could a caretaker PM do than bring in deferent sectors together and find answers to issues that need addressing?

Is that not what is needed here now? But as for a "peoples council" overseen by a privileged few, I think not.whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn width=19 alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609>

Well i have to agree with you that bringing in different sectors is a good idea provided they have knowledge of how a government is supposed to run . They would also have to be open to other opinions and be willing to negotiate. This is some thing that should have been done long ago. It was unfortunate that Yingluck made it crystal clear that she was not going to listen much less adopted any idea that did not have the OK of her brother. Why would any one want to trust her now.

I for one believe that she would have to admit that her single minded purpose after corruption was to legalize her brother so he could walk the streets of Thailand a free man with no charges hanging over his head. That admission would give her a little bit off credibility as to being a changed person.

I agree that the selection of the counsel would be a very hard choice. You forget that who ever gets on it will be a privileged one. How to pick the counsel would be as big a problem as solving the corruption problem which has enlarged under the present administration. I would think that would let any of them out. I don't think Suthep is any more qualified than Yingluck/Thaksin is tgo sit on the counsel.

And when the Dems tried to speak in parliament, the PT stooge in charge wouldn't let them have their time to speak and when they got lairy in retaliation the police were called in to forcibly remove them. They tried to spesk and were treated very badly. Why the hell should they - Suthep or anyone on the Dems and anti government side - give Yingluck or any of the Thaksin brown nosers any shred of face whatsoever now !? I am not saying 2 wrongs make a right, but....whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

You have a very good point there. Even if they listened to what others had to say they ignored it.

Like I said, credit where credit is due regardless of which faction you support, was it a good thing for the working poor of Thailand???

if yes then say yes, if no then say no,,, and now in this current government the 30 baht gig still applies yeah??? But there's more if you take the time to look...

Well you are right it is a good thing for the people. Even if it cost 30 baht

Where you are wrong is it is a good thing for the government. the Democrats ran the program cheaper by eliminating the 30 baht charge that cost them 50 baht to process there by giving the Medical service more money to spend on patients.

The reestablishing of the 30 baht has allowed 20 baht per patient visit to go into corruption. It has taken money out of the patient's services and put it into the pocket of paper pushers. 20 baht times 10,000,000 visits is 200,000,000 baht that could be spent on patient care.

Is that a good thing?

So you think the 30 baht per house too a hospital per visit was a bad thing for the working people of Thailand??? WHO was that??? Mr T.

so try seeing things with a balanced view even if you don't like the party, credit where credit is due I say...

try looking past your bias and see the meeting of different sectors/factions for what it is, if agreements are made and not kept then let the people judge her.

sound fair enough?

Then you would applaud the people who removed the 30-Baht charge, and frown at the people who subsequently re-introduced it, right ? wink.png

I'm guessing he conveniently forgot that.

Sorry, but I am really not sure that healthcare was free before 2001 30 baht Thaksin's scheme.

Before that date, poor people did not have access to forfeited health care but have only access to normal tariff (many of them could not even afford Government hospital!).

For what I read around, I see only that Thaksin introduced the new scheme that helped the poor and rural people (and under 12 years old and over 60 years old, the ticket was free).

Sure, he made it for get sympathy from poors and rurals, and so their votes. But he did that... And I am not defending him, only write what I know, I can still be wrong of course.

Healthcare was free, when Thaksin Yingluck & PTP re-introduced the fee, in 2011.

It was done, to revive the political memory of something good, which he'd done for the poor a decade earlier.

I think it was cynical & bad, to make the poor again have to pay for something which had been free for a few years, merely for his own petty political ends.

Having achieved the 30-baht scheme, under Thaksin, and made it free, under the Dems, the task now is surely to improve the hospitals & medical-care which the poor get.

I wonder why the rural doctors keep demanding that the Health Minister should be fired ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Abhisit set the charge at zero.

Yingluck put it back to 30B

Abhisit did a lot of good - the rice farmers were much happier with his scheme too

Open your eye

Healthcare was free, when Thaksin Yingluck & PTP re-introduced the fee, in 2011.

It was done, to revive the political memory of something good, which he'd done for the poor a decade earlier.

I think it was cynical & bad, to make the poor again have to pay for something which had been free for a few years, merely for his own petty political ends.

Having achieved the 30-baht scheme, under Thaksin, and made it free, under the Dems, the task now is surely to improve the hospitals & medical-care which the poor get.

I wonder why the rural doctors keep demanding that the Health Minister should be fired ? whistling.gif

That was the story as I knew. My post wasn't directed at you, but to someone else that said the Big Bro re-introduced the fee. And that's wrong.

But is right that after Thaksin, Abhisit put healthcare for free and Yingluck reintroduced the 30 baht fee.

yingluck is a joke of a prime-minister (albeit quite pretty) but she has handled the current situation very well

anyway i hope the opposition grow up, attend the meeting and then focus on modernizing the party to become electable

unfortunately i don't think this is suthep's plan

On the contrary! She (Yingluck) hasn't handled it very well. All she has done after denying having anything to do with the Amnesty for her Brother (which caused the present Peoples Revolt) has backed down on all counts,and finally retreated into a corner,pleading to the oppositions on all counts to show her mercy and fairness,and even managed a Crocodile tear or two.

Does Thailand need to reinstall a weak Prime Minister,back into the same Power? who seems prepared to negotiate with any faction,rather than lose power,completely.That is the Dilemma facing Thailand.

politicians should be diplomats not dividers - thailand needs a leader who is willing to listen / negotiate / reconcile / avoid conflict / etc (= "weak") although i think that person should be abhisit (he is just as reasonable / un-confrontational as yingluck and also well educated, experienced and intelligent) but only if and when he is elected democratically or otherwise he will doomed once more to be pushed out (with much bloodshed) by an aggrieved electorate

Hey catmac. The Democrats are the biggest political party in Thailand, the idea that they will get trounced after standing up to a government that ignores it's own court system is a little bit too much, even for Thailand.

Dream all you like, but the simple fact is that the Dems haven't won a General Election for the last 20 odd years. If they are so certain of winning now, why does the buffoon Suthep demand that the election be called off without Abhisit telling him to shut up? That is if Abhisit is still alive........as the leader of "the biggest political party in Thailand", he seems somewhat quiet wouldn't you say? Maybe a bit of an exageration, but some of my cats seem more interested in the current situation than our little Mark (I've definitly got the feeling that he wishes he was back having fun with his chums at Eton!)smile.png

"PM invites all sectors, political parties to meeting on Sunday

Yingluck said her government was willing to hear opinions from all sides so that reforms could take pace."

Translation:

"Ms Yingluck said that open-minded discussion will create clear proposals as guiding principles for society in solving the problems.

She said she would not attend the forum but would leave it to civil servants to “moderate” to enable all factions to broadly air their opinions without a set timeframe."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/688641-thai-govt-public-forum-on-sunday-protesters-say-no/

This can be fixed so easily. Just apologise for her and her brother nicking all the money, give it back and promise never to do it again.

give it to a government controlled by suthep?... so he can share with the same friends he shared the land in phuket?... not sure that would be a good fix

Abhisit set the charge at zero.

Yingluck put it back to 30B

Abhisit did a lot of good - the rice farmers were much happier with his scheme too

Open your eye

Please get it right! It was the post-coup technocratic government who abolished the 30 baht co-payment, at the time when Mongkol Na Songkhla was public health minister. It is true that the payment was re-introduced by PT against the wishes of most officials in the MoPH and NHSO, probably to reclaim the original 'brand name' that had lost its link with TRT/PT.

In the negotiations which followed the civil society push for expanded health care after 1999, the Democratic Party consistently said universal coverage was unaffordable, so that the pro-reform camp of senior experts in the MoPH found themselves hitting a brick wall. It was only when Dr Sanguan Nittayarumpong managed to get Dr Surapong Suebwonglee interested (and when Dr Thaksin saw the appeal of the policy) that progress was made, Sad how the good die young and the less good live on. Dr Sanguan, a life long non-smoker died of lung cancer in 2008. He is the one who deserves most credit for universal health care coverage in Thailand but Surapong and TRT deserve a bit. Basically the same scheme has been in operation nationwide since 2002, with or without the co-payment,

Interesting Freudian slip if our expert posters are saying the civilian government appointed by the military in 2006 are for all practical purposes the Democrats.

Edited by citizen33

Quite a girl this YS! She's already upstaged the Dear Leader by resigning and calling a new election - nothing Suthep fears more than an election which will once again show the he and his Dem ex-chums are disliked by the majority of the voters.

Now she does it again by offering to talk and take on board reasonable measures to improve things. What can Kim-Il Suthep do now. Sit down to tea with the devil herself, and lose face big time, or rant and rave like a wounded buffaloe, screaming hatred to the Shinawatras and losing the support of sensible people every step of the way.

There was a Red Shirt gathering on Wednesday evening at the local park in the city where I live, in Isaan. I ask my wife as we drove past how many people are there? She replied, less than we had at aerobics! Last year when they had meetings the numbers were in the hundreds. Do I detect a change of support by the local farmers?

sound fair enough?

Tell me you do not think he introduced the 30 baht health care Scheme to help people, IT was for the votes this man has no charity in him Period.

In the starting,he really did something for the people and nation.economy boost. No doubt he is good in business minded. People like him because of his business ideas. But things start to change after he has more authority and a greater goal.look at the present. What has become of the Thailand government? Everyone aware of the corruption level has to bring to another level. If throughout the times, he is purely contribute for the nation and not to be over ambitious. He is still the PM of Thailand. But too bad, he hunger for more power, over greed ,he has forgotten his thai people. He created the red army. They are arming with guns,grenade launchers. They didn't care about their Bangkok city and their fellow thai people. They bomb the city, innocent lives sacrificed. All because of what?? He just want to overthrow Ahbisit.

Look at today the anti-government protesters. Pro-reds pointing how bad they are,cutting electric,water,block the government house etc.,is it really as bad as the red protesters(sometimes I don't know want to call them red protesters or red terrorists) who destroy BKk in 2010?.

You are right that we should give some merits to TS. He should come back as serve his sentence. As for other pending charges, the judges may take into consideration for his past merits and contributions to the nation.

Invite them all and then get lost herself, a truly great Prime minister. A great leader!!!

It does demonstrate how much attention she'll be paying, to their deliberations, and any recommendations forthcoming.

But then again, what might the caretaker-'real'-PM have had to contribute ? wink.png

"I can promise you only blood, sweat & tears faux-tears & smirks !" laugh.png

It is a tragedy.
Thailand does not seem to be able to organize unity and justice.
The division of the country appears deeper than ever before.
To find compromises, searching for a better fairer solution, appears alien.
The movement losing his plot.
No clear vision, no program, no concrete content.
and the other side?
It identifies exactly the same 312 members as before.
No new thoughts?, no new faces?, no new ideas?
Sounds it is not a party, but more a chain of command receivers.
"One thinks, and all other do"
Sounds for me pretty stupid, if only one person thinks.
anyway.
As the greatest hope remains the Constitution Court
Hopefully the court judges with a variety of parliamentary requirements to be met in the future, no matter who is in power at the moment.
Like for all future budgeting processes they make it compulsory for all future governments, that
- the use of money for project proposals are accurately represented in detail and coherent on the last baht.
- the use of money for project proposals is described in detail for all people publicly documented and visible
- Public monthly or quarterly reports on Finance and project progresses.
- Public invitation for project proposals and at least three competitive compare offers.
- Project completion reports including all expenses with receipts.
- a strong, powerfull supervisory committee composed of members is formed by all parties,
to control the entire investment process without disabilities and time delay restrictions.
The results of the process and progress checks are presented to the parliament.
The members of the supervisory body should rotate so that corruption is impossible or more difficult.
When public funds are used, then the public has the right to see what the representatives of the people plan to do with the money and how it was used.
It must be prevented that a country can be completely plundered by a few unethical people just because they are currently in power.
And there is a lot more to do, with regard to the parties' laws.
Furthermore they must lift immunity for criminals.
An untenable situation that convicted criminals gives commands to the government or sitting in the government.
Convicted corrupt people must never have again any access to public funds or offices.
Edited by tomacht8

You mean, she decides by herself to stay as caretaker? Ignore some 100.000 people want her to leave, and stop this corrupt, incompetent Government. Very smart, it costs Thailand money and reputation. She should make the way free for an overhaul of the political System. Cleaning up the dirt and smut, for more unity in Thailand. xWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn