Residence cert. at C M immigration.

thaibeachlovers

Went there to get a residence cert. Had heard a while back that they were not doing them anymore ( do a search if you're interested in the reason ), but they are now done at a small room behind the main room.

There are at least 2 signs stating that they are done for FREE, LOL.

However, they now take 7 days as opposed to the same day service previously.

Need 2 passport photos

form ( from the farang copy service ) filled in

Usual photocopies and originals

Think that's all, but someone will say if I've forgotten anything, I'm sure.

Thaibeachlovers: Good to know that the new drill instituted several weeks ago is still in place and working. Yes, it does take two trips as well as a few days! That's annoying, but lots of things take a while! Try lining up for a Wing 41 road pass !! I would imagine the new small office takes some pressure off the officers in the main office handling immigration affairs.

Masuk, "Twigged their little racket..." ?! That's a new one! When are you going to to say that to the chief of Immigration in Chiang Mai? You had better be prepared to name names, dates, and times for any bribes for service rendered as well as proofs. Otherwise, what you say is slander --- and you had better read up on Thai law on slander!

Personally, and in the experience of various acquaintances, no underhandedness has even been hinted at over several years and including experience at the new mini-office behind the main building.

Edited by Mapguy

Thaibeachlovers: Good to know that the new drill instituted several weeks ago is still in place and working. Yes, it does take two trips as well as a few days! That's annoying, but lots of things take a while! Try lining up for a Wing 41 road pass !! I would imagine the new small office takes some pressure off the officers in the main office handling immigration affairs.

Masuk, "Twigged their little racket..." ?! That's a new one! When are you going to to say that to the chief of Immigration in Chiang Mai? You had better be prepared to name names, dates, and times for any bribes for service rendered as well as proofs. Otherwise, what you say is slander --- and you had better read up on Thai law on slander!

Personally, and in the experience of various acquaintances, no underhandedness has even been hinted at over several years and including experience at the new mini-office behind the main building.

"Twigged their little racket..." ?! That's a new one!

That's why they had staff not in uniform (they looked like students the last time I was there) handling the issue of residence certificates.

"Twigged their little racket..." ?! That's a new one!

That's why they had staff not in uniform (they looked like students the last time I was there) handling the issue of residence certificates.

The head of the CM Immigration stated that Residence Certs were issued free.

Every time I went there, I was asked to pay 500baht.