Suthep outlines Thailand's political future to media

webfact

I wish there would be a knight in shining armor riding his white stallion to save my sorry behind, but being realistic and knowing royal thai police i see no other options. If suthep does nothing better then balance out Shin clan so Thai politics are not so onesided it would be a step forward for Thailand in my opinion.

i agree thailand needs some "balance" but suthep is offering something very different

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Suthep said the people’s council will work as quickly as possible, at least eight months or longer, and return the power to the peopleso that an election is held.

So, the February election is postponed and in that time, he is OK of having an election.

The King who set the February election may listen to Suthep.

Suthep represent the people of Thailand.

His Democracy will be pure and free from corruption.

I hope this is a joke ! Suthep represent only a hand full of Thai people, and he does not stand for democracy but for dictatorship from him and his friends.

I'm sure it's a heartfelt post.

He's been a member for 2 hours now and posting in political strings supporting Suthep...............whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Reform the government to reduce corruption?

Restructure the policeforce ?

How can anyone argue this doesnt need to be done?

There is an oportunity here for all Thais (reds yellows greens...)to change things for the better. Lets hope the Thai people see this with a little more clarity than many of the posters here.

• Like 1

Reform the government to reduce corruption?

Restructure the policeforce ?

How can anyone argue this doesnt need to be done?

There is an oportunity here for all Thais (reds yellows greens...)to change things for the better. Lets hope the Thai people see this with a little more clarity than many of the posters here.

It's not hard to understand: believe me.

Many posters here are not against changes and/or sent Thaksin out of this country for good.

But these changes are at least not much plausible with such a despotic delusional.

I still want to know his plans for achieve what he is promising. And also who met him until now have still to know...

Let's imagine a Thailand without Suthep and his demonstration:

1) Dr T is back and cleared of all wrongdoings

2) His confiscated money is returned to him with %

3) 2.2 trillion loan is ready and waiting for further instruction to which private account to transfer it.

4) senators are wifes and family members of lower house MPs which means that whatever party get's the majority of votes have no one to be accountable to.

5) Dr T can run for PM, or maybe since the constitution can be amended any way the goverment wants, for even more lucrative position.

Now if there were no protestors and no Suthep Thailand would be half way there as we speak. Does that sound democratic to you? Why are you pretending that there is a democracy in thailand and protestors are ruining it?

The system is broken and needs to be changed to ensure the voted in goverment abides by the rule of law. You might not like Suthep and his buddies i don't like him ether but is there anyone else offering change? Seriously, anyone?

And the staff he says about the police is just too good not to likebiggrin.png .

Offering change and effecting change are vastly different. Nothing Suthep is offering resembles democracy. He moans and groans about the amnesty. Here is a person evading an arrest warrant and he failed to show up in court to face a murder indictment because 'he is too busy'. Rule of law? Who needs amnesty when the crooks who stay in the country can act with impunity? It all boils down to whose bread you are buttering. If Suthep can't get the military to enforce his PDRC, what is he going to do? In the meantime, every academic will crawl out of the woodwork to offer the 'best' solution for Thailand. Get on with the elections! After the elections, call for a Constitutional Convention. The mechanics of the Constitutional Convention can be worked out after the elections.

Suthep is a little out of our world i got to agree with that. But he did step up in a situation when Thailand future was at the stake and turned the situation to manageable with minimal damage as i believe. He is fighting an untrustworthy enemy that does not follow any rules so why should he? I'd still like him to face the murder charges like AV did ( and i do believe AV is a better men of the two) and i do believe he will stand in court otherwise he would jumped in on the amnesty wagon.

However let me ask you a question. PTP have demonstrated that it serves one man from afar only so if they get reelected why would they make reforms and bind their own hands? Chances are they'll start right where they left off and keep pushing their little Dr. T wagon from there, more cautiously perhabs. Who will do the much needed reforms? Demonstrations again? more blood? I can cope with PTP in power if they follow the law, but reforms should be done before an elections so future goverments don't have dictatorial power.

How do you legislate away influence - whether it is Thaksin or Suthep? Everyone is talking about 'reform' but I have no idea what that means. If politicians could act principled and set an example that would be sufficient reform for me. Abhisit showed up in court. He showed respect for the law. I respect him for that. There are so many people with power or influence who have placed themselves above the law. How do you reform that? As for corruption, the little guy won't doesn't even want to change. If a motorist is stopped for a traffic offense, it is easier to slip the cop a couple hundred baht instead of paying a 500 baht fine or showing up in court. Thaksin has become a symbol to unify opposition to power, corruption, and influence from a person in exile. In Thailand and in many other countries, corruption is endemic. If it isn't the government, it is organized crime. No law can make a person good or bad. It is a choice that a person makes every day of his life.

You are right and corruption will not disappear just because Suthep says so. However Corruption on goverment scale aka rice scheme would not be possible if opposition would have some power. Or let's say that next time the Dems will win a majority in parlament( i know, i knowcheesy.gif but lets, just say) they might just as well try to pull out similar scams and it will be the opposition's job to stop them. There should be checks and balances which clearly are non existent now. Constitutional court had to brake the law to save the day because there were no one else, i mean how broken is that?

As for Suthep being dictatorial is just impossible, he merely represents a group of very influential individuals and no matter how much he'd like to he'll never get total control. On the other hand we have Dr.T who is 1 man party, who can oppose him in his party or current goverment? So who should be feared of becoming a dictator more?

3) 2.2 trillion loan is ready and waiting for further instruction to which private account to transfer it.

4) senators are wifes and family members of lower house MPs which means that whatever party get's the majority of votes have no one to be accountable to.

5) Dr T can run for PM, or maybe since the constitution can be amended any way the goverment wants, for even more lucrative position.

Now if there were no protestors and no Suthep Thailand would be half way there as we speak. Does that sound democratic to you? Why are you pretending that there is a democracy in thailand and protestors are ruining it?

The system is broken and needs to be changed to ensure the voted in goverment abides by the rule of law. You might not like Suthep and his buddies i don't like him ether but is there anyone else offering change? Seriously, anyone?

And the staff he says about the police is just too good not to likebiggrin.png .

Offering change and effecting change are vastly different. Nothing Suthep is offering resembles democracy. He moans and groans about the amnesty. Here is a person evading an arrest warrant and he failed to show up in court to face a murder indictment because 'he is too busy'. Rule of law? Who needs amnesty when the crooks who stay in the country can act with impunity? It all boils down to whose bread you are buttering. If Suthep can't get the military to enforce his PDRC, what is he going to do? In the meantime, every academic will crawl out of the woodwork to offer the 'best' solution for Thailand. Get on with the elections! After the elections, call for a Constitutional Convention. The mechanics of the Constitutional Convention can be worked out after the elections.

Yes, lol, the mechanics of a Constitutional Convention can be worked out after the elections. 55555555. ...by the majority. That just sounds like an absolutely swell idea!

You must have just gotten off the latest telcon with Dubai. Well, you do get points for being a good listener.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

Yes, lol, the mechanics of a Constitutional Convention can be worked out after the elections. 55555555. ...by the majority. That just sounds like an absolutely swell idea!

You must have just gotten off the latest telcon with Dubai. Well, you do get points for being a good listener.

Thaivisa official sport is: label whoever has a different idea from you a Thaksinist... :D

• Like 1

You really have to hand it to Khun Suthep. It's admirable for somebody to put their life and reputation at stake, not to mention his freedom, in an honest attempt to improve the lives of his fellow citizens. And doing so for purely altruistic purposes to boot. It is my guess that history books will remember his deeds in a very favorable light, and rightly so.

W.T.F. ??????? If the majority of people in this country are as dewy-eyed as JaiDam (Black Heart, or Bad Heart in Thai - great choice of name btw), then I believe the country truy deserves a tough dictatorship... I'm lost for words... sad.png Do you really believe the crap you typed just here?

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Mr Suthep said the people’s council will work as quickly as possible, at least eight months or longer, and return the power to the peopleso that an election is held.

So, the February election is postponed and in that time, he is OK of having an election.

Troll !!! Or even Suthpen himself must have written such bull$#ite - please do us the favour and overdose yourself on horse tranquilizer.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

Ahah, so you concede that... A "Thaksinist" is NOT a good thing to be, a "label" to be avoided, and an affiliation to be repudiated. Now we're getting somewhere.

Think youll find most here have no interest at all in Toxin let alone support him, seems to be some kind of banner to excuse the current and very dubious minority led council to attempt to make reforms ( so it is claimed ) without the people. 400 is not a nation, further more 25% will be chosen by PAD where is the 25% chosen by PTP in this ? to represent the nation you have to include the reds in talks, if you dont you cannot say it is representative or moral or democratic, cut it any way you like it is simply a takeover with promises but not a mention of how it should include the legally elected party or the voters that returned it to power time and time again and ive seen not one hint of that.

Thailand will not be unified while this persists, in fact the gap and rift is getting wider with every twist and turn. You cannot shove the genie back in the bottle nor turn back time, whatever happens must include all or it is no reform at all. There is little to suggest any interest in having a diverse and equally open and representative discussion only what a small group ( and it is small in proportion to the population ) wishes.

sorry but to reform you can only do it with all parties at the table not just a select few.

• Like 2

>> Not. Senate (50% appointed) rejected the Amnesty bill.

>> Not: The top appeals court ruled to seize 2/3rds of his frozen assets.

>> Not: Constitutional court is reviewing it first.

>> Not: Unless a charter amendment passes (Constitutional court blocks it), Senat is still 50% appointed.

>> Government is still accountable to: Constitutional court, NACC, Supreme Administrative Court, HM the King, and of course the general public, as per the next election.

>> Not: Again, amnesty bill as above.

None of what you say is true. (Additions in red mine)

The 2007 constitution implemented several institutions, outside of the control of the elected government, to limit the power of a single-party majority. And so far, they have done exactly that, maybe even a little too well.

Suthep's antics have achieved exactly nothing.

BS if you can't see what was happening then your either totally brainwashed or simply totally naive Suphet has put a brake on Taksins plan to totally take 100% control of Thailand and make it into his own 1 party police state.

we will see if Taksin still gets his way and then if he does you will see in a few years how totally blind you are

All it needs to put Thailand n a decent track is for the megalomaniac and his clan to step down for good and then like magic Suphet will be irrelevant. Since that wont happen Suphet or his replacement are needed to stop one of most evil people in this world namely the coward hiding away in Dubai or wherever.

Until Taksin gives up Thailand is set on a course for civil war or an army coup

The trouble with Taksin supporters such as yourself is you simply cannot understand that a large number of people even if a very large minority hate and loathe Taksin much more than paid and brainwashed hate and loathe the so called hoses in BKK

• Like 2

Ahah, so you concede that... A "Thaksinist" is NOT a good thing to be, a "label" to be avoided, and an affiliation to be repudiated. Now we're getting somewhere.

Think youll find most here have no interest at all in Toxin let alone support him, seems to be some kind of banner to excuse the current and very dubious minority led council to attempt to make reforms ( so it is claimed ) without the people. 400 is not a nation, further more 25% will be chosen by PAD where is the 25% chosen by PTP in this ? to represent the nation you have to include the reds in talks, if you dont you cannot say it is representative or moral or democratic, cut it any way you like it is simply a takeover with promises but not a mention of how it should include the legally elected party or the voters that returned it to power time and time again and ive seen not one hint of that.

Thailand will not be unified while this persists, in fact the gap and rift is getting wider with every twist and turn. You cannot shove the genie back in the bottle nor turn back time, whatever happens must include all or it is no reform at all. There is little to suggest any interest in having a diverse and equally open and representative discussion only what a small group ( and it is small in proportion to the population ) wishes.

sorry but to reform you can only do it with all parties at the table not just a select few.

Sorry, but it CAN be done, SHOULD be done, and can only be SUCCESSFULLY done IF there are NO Thaksin cronies, sycophants, or dupes at the table.

1) Dr T is back and cleared of all wrongdoings>> Not. Senate (50% appointed) rejected the Amnesty bill.

>> Not: Unless a charter amendment passes (Constitutional court blocks it), Senat is still 50% appointed.

>> Government is still accountable to: Constitutional court, NACC, Supreme Administrative Court, HM the King, and of course the general public, as per the next election.

The 2007 constitution implemented several institutions, outside of the control of the elected government, to limit the power of a single-party majority. And so far, they have done exactly that, maybe even a little too well.

BS if you can't see what was happening then your either totally brainwashed or simply totally naive Suphet has put a brake on Taksins plan to totally take 100% control of Thailand and make it into his own 1 party police state.

we will see if Taksin still gets his way and then if he does you will see in a few years how totally blind you are

All it needs to put Thailand n a decent track is for the megalomaniac and his clan to step down for good and then like magic Suphet will be irrelevant. Since that wont happen Suphet or his replacement are needed to stop one of most evil people in this world namely the coward hiding away in Dubai or wherever.

The trouble with Taksin supporters such as yourself is you simply cannot understand that a large number of people even if a very large minority hate and loathe Taksin much more than paid and brainwashed hate and loathe the so called hoses in BKK

Seriously, you are another anti taksin poster, if the majority of the thai people selected them and you are consider the minority opposition, you guy don't even respect the law or the HM. Listen to that crazy suthep that doesn't even respect HM or the law, telling lie that if there's not enough supporter he will surrender himself yet till now he still talk like he's the king of Thailand and act like one "clean" person, he's way worst than AV and Dr.T

Why Interpol and other countries not stepping in to help Thailand because of the coup that created by the elitist, royalist & people that paid the chief of army.

I have been in Thailand since the 2006 coup

Remember dr.t is self exile not kick out by the unelected govt

The people council Secretary General is suthep himself that also mean he control everything himself

How can that be fair in selection where all the elitist or scholar come in again to bully the poor

Come on, in this world, nothing is fair, but respect the majority people in the country

If you can't even do that, don't call yourself a god trying to reform the govt. you are not even fit to post here to talk abt reform

• Like 1

1) Dr T is back and cleared of all wrongdoings>> Not. Senate (50% appointed) rejected the Amnesty bill.

Seriously, you are another anti taksin poster, if the majority of the thai people selected them and you are consider the minority opposition, you guy don't even respect the law or the HM. Listen to that crazy suthep that doesn't even respect HM or the law, telling lie that if there's not enough supporter he will surrender himself yet till now he still talk like he's the king of Thailand and act like one "clean" person, he's way worst than AV and Dr.T

Why Interpol and other countries not stepping in to help Thailand because of the coup that created by the elitist, royalist & people that paid the chief of army.

I have been in Thailand since the 2006 coup

Remember dr.t is self exile not kick out by the unelected govt

The people council Secretary General is suthep himself that also mean he control everything himself

How can that be fair in selection where all the elitist or scholar come in again to bully the poor

Come on, in this world, nothing is fair, but respect the majority people in the country

If you can't even do that, don't call yourself a god trying to reform the govt. you are not even fit to post here to talk abt reform

Seriously, you are just another Shin-rouge Thaksin supporter, supporting a tried, convicted, sentenced fugitive from Thai law. THAT's why he's in "self-imposed exile", which is a euphemism for "on the lamb". And THIS is the hero you're lecturing your fellow TV members about - lol. And you DO know that PTP received 48% of the popular vote in 2011, right? Not 51%, not 50%+1, not 50%, 48% (well, 48.4% if memory serves...).

Most of all, DON'T try to dictate who is and who is not "fit" to post here. Mind your manners.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

Sarcasm right?

• Like 2

You really have to hand it to Khun Suthep. It's admirable for somebody to put their life and reputation at stake, not to mention his freedom, in an honest attempt to improve the lives of his fellow citizens. And doing so for purely altruistic purposes to boot. It is my guess that history books will remember his deeds in a very favorable light, and rightly so.

More sarcasm right?

• Like 2

Suthep sounds like a real nut job and highly unstable. These rants are like a child stamping their feet to get what they want. At the end of the day a minority wants to kick out the elected Govt. because the minority leaders are in fear of past decisions.

If they really want to make change, look at the tax system, intoduce capital gains tax on shares and property, be fair to the people in the country areas; I am sure both sides could identify areas of corruption and then do something about it.

The agenda Suthep is pushing sounds to have no merit under the constitution. If this is correct, his requests sound as though the only thing he wants is a war. A lunatic man for his people.

So when is the army going to show their side?

• Like 2

"Suthep outlines Thailand's political future to media"

Seriously, Suthep, it's over. You got the govt out now let it be. They'll win again, but this time they may think twice about running roughshod over the law in order to further their own selfish desires and corrupt practices.

I think there is a vacuum already, the brain is in Dubai...whistling.gif

I think that the main brain that is operating in a vacuum is the one leading the anti-goverment protests, followed closely by those who are still following this character...

Pianoman

• Like 1

Suthep seems to be his own worst enemy! Nobody needs to fight him to discredit him. He is doing a fine job all on his own. Many persons who used to be in his ranks have become disillusioned by his fascist stance.

Agreed people are jumping ship, I am even seeing a swing of posters here as they fully start to understand what he is all about and what he represents!

Yes I agree. Previously all you would hear were the screams of what seemed to be people who hadn't followed this saga from the beginning. There were so many foreigners delusional about what was actually going on and who was involved. Now they will see what I was saying; better yet they will see what the incoming or possible incoming regime will do to maintain it's power.