State officials to get 3.7 billion baht bonus

webfact

Bureaucrats To Get 3.7 Billion Baht Bonus
By Khaosod Online

bon.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The anti-government protesters′ occupation of Ministry of Finance won′t be affecting bonus payouts to state officials this year.

Mr. Manas Jamveha, Director-General of The Comptroller General′s Department (CGD), said Finance Minister Kittirat Na Ranong has appreciated the hard words and crucial roles of bureaucrats in the execution of various governmental policies.

Therefore, Mr. Manas said, the Minister has approved bonus payments for the bureaucrats by the end of Q1 of 2014′s fiscal year.

According to Mr. Manas, the bonus from 2012 fiscal year in total of 3.7 billion baht from the ministries′ budget and the CGD will be paid to governmental officials in 287 organisations.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5qa3lNVFkxTmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-13

Aint it wonderful.

They haven't got enough money to pay the farmers for their rice but the have enough to pay "State officials" to try and keep them onside.

And they claim that the Dems ignore the poor in favor of the elite.

I'm sure some of this money, albeit very little, will go to buy votes in the upcoming election. If their supporters get a few baht in their hands, they will be too elated to notice the large amounts going to those with the real power. Maybe you can't fool all of the people all of the time, but they are coming dam_n close.wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 1

"Mr. Manas Jamveha, Director-General of The Comptroller General′s Department (CGD), said Finance Minister Kittirat Na Ranong has appreciated the hard words and crucial roles of bureaucrats in the execution of various governmental policies."

Yes, I'm sure there will be some hard words from a few sectors after reading about this little gem.

".....execution of various governmental policies." Would Mr Chalerm be involved in this I wonder?

How is this different from the performance based pay raises that all civil servants get anyway? The wife gets raises that amount to 6% per year, every year. This is not just about politicians and their pay; it would cover all civil servants.

• Like 1

This story really pisses me off. If these politicians need money, they need to earn it the good old fashioned

Thai way, by corruption. It seems a bit silly for them to have their standard corruption money, and then be

awarded money from the government of top of that. That would be double dipping........ :-)

Any this makes no sense anyway. These bonuses cannot be performance based, given the mind boggling

poor performance of the current government. Maybe there could be a clawback from last year's bonuses ??

• Like 2

This follows another dollop of 'bonuses' handed out a few weeks ago to the Attorney General's office just after they decided that Thaksin was too far away to be prosecuted for his role in the 2010 riots.

No doubt regional governors, Kammans and the like will have legal or illegal 'bonuses' before the election.

This story seems deliberately vague to me. Who is getting a bonus? Is it for the nice guards at immigration who make sure no loonies are bringing weapons in, and run my bags and keys through the conveyor belt? Is it for politicians? Is it for Thai workers or politicos?

I can't even jump to a conclusion from here...

I hope you can each avoid being a lemming because lemmings are not role models.cheesy.gif

PS: I changed my mind. Lemmings should be role models for all TV trolls!

.....'til the very end........

...one would hope that someone would object to this.....

...after so much money passed their hands...with nothing being accomplished....the rice farmers not even paid.....they will stuff their pockets on the way out...

...what a cancer of a government....

• Like 2

Exactly,hardworking farmers have to begg for their money..Im angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png angry now.<deleted>,is wrong whith this country..

Aint it wonderful.

They haven't got enough money to pay the farmers for their rice but the have enough to pay "State officials" to try and keep them onside.

And they claim that the Dems ignore the poor in favor of the elite.

.....'til the very end........

...one would hope that someone would object to this.....

...after so much money passed their hands...with nothing being accomplished....the rice farmers not even paid.....they will stuff their pockets on the way out...

...what a cancer of a government....

and we are also not paid our October and November salary. It is now December

This story seems deliberately vague to me. Who is getting a bonus? Is it for the nice guards at immigration who make sure no loonies are bringing weapons in, and run my bags and keys through the conveyor belt? Is it for politicians? Is it for Thai workers or politicos?

I can't even jump to a conclusion from here...

I hope you can each avoid being a lemming because lemmings are not role models.cheesy.gif

PS: I changed my mind. Lemmings should be role models for all TV trolls!

thumbsup.gif

"Would sir like a slice-of-lemming, with his tea-money ?" rolleyes.gif