What's Your Favourite Song?

Neeranam

Here's mine -

The song changed my life significantly. I tgot me into punk rock and all that went with it. Even now when I hear this song, it has so much power that I can't really explain. I get a pleasant rush all through my bodywhen I listen to it.

What's yours?

• Like 1

T. R. Mahalingam came from the final generation of classically trained vocalists who came up in the era before amplification when a powerful voice was necessary to fill a room. Still breathtaking no matter how many times heard.

http://youtu.be/-7jHN9VUBuY

Sounds like he's got a huge vibrating dildo up his jacksie.

Den

Tamils had an advanced civilization with arts and language when Britons ancestors were hoveled in dirty pits wearing animal skins grunting at each other.

To each their own, but except from getting the Beatles so stoned, they created "Sgt. Pepper"...what did they ever contribute to modern music?

Tamils had an advanced civilization with arts and language when Britons ancestors were hoveled in dirty pits wearing animal skins grunting at each other.

To each their own, but except from getting the Beatles so stoned, they created "Sgt. Pepper"...what did they ever contribute to modern music?

Gotta agree with you there, The Beatles, what exactly did they contribute, probably the most over hyped over rated band on the planet.

Whats even worse they spawned bloody Oasis who made a career out of ripping off The White Album.

They seem to have squandered that early lead.

They tell me the Sinhalese speak highly of them.

So many to choose from. This one never fails to lighten the spirits and get the feet tapping. A very talented young lad was Roddy Frame, started recording when he was 16, i think he was about 17 or 18 when he wrote and recorded this. A real heart throb in his day, my daughter discovered him in her early teens, and still carries a torch for him to this day. I took her to see The Aztecs in Bournemouth in the mid 80s and i have to say they were a top live act.

They are clearly having such a good time here, like the double drummers, the guy in the pork pie hat is really going for it. A very classy pop song IMO, it is one of those that you can't get out of your head after a couple of listens.

• 3 weeks later...

T. R. Mahalingam came from the final generation of classically trained vocalists who came up in the era before amplification when a powerful voice was necessary to fill a room. Still breathtaking no matter how many times heard.

http://youtu.be/-7jHN9VUBuY

Sounds like he's got a huge vibrating dildo up his jacksie.

Den

The vibrato ornamentations are known as gamakas, and are characteristic of both Carnatic and Hindustani classical music. Thanks for listening.

Edited by arunsakda