Be grateful for Pattaya baht buses.

thaibeachlovers

Better if there were half as many.

They still have not worked out, that if they all worked 8 hours a day instead of 16, they would earn the same money, they would use only half the fuel, their tiers would last twice as long, there would be less wear on their vehicles, they would not be driving for hours on end without a single fare, the roads would be less crowded and Pattaya would be a far better place.

• Like 2

.....believe me you are far,far better off in Pattaya with its fixed routes of 10 and 20 bhat. I don't use the bhat buses that often because I have a car but I do use them occasionally and never paid more then 10 bhat. Which route charges 20 bhat?

On the odd occasion I come to Patt's now after 10am I don't/cant use the car parking traffic impossible so use the Bt Buses all the time I think they are fantastic value, there are to many must agree on that bit, but I know that I will be able to get door to door and reach my destination even at 2am for 10bt + tip (yes I always tip 5bt or so after midnight) without any problem. Now think on this where would you be without them, a pain in the Butt at/most times cheap as chips and reliable.

You obviously don't use the going to Jomtien baht bus queue in South Pattaya in high season. Now there is demand for MORE baht buses, MANY more. Also real buses and real taxis but that would be in an alternative universe Pattaya.

But Im not even smoking anything. I used to, and it felt really nice... Except i got really really hungry every time. So after few months there was an unwelcomed pumpui taking place :(

I no like!! So no more smoking. And I've lost maybe 3-4 kg in last month!! No joke yo!

I could post some pics, but those would not comply with forum rules :-)

Im pretty close getting a 6pack. But I wont post before JSixPack goes first! If Joe6Pack posts his 6pack, i shall post mine. Even tho at the moment mine is more like a 3pack.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by valgehiir

A non JT baht bus thread!? Im sorry, but I simply am unable to take it seriously. Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Much more fun with some selective editing of a word ...

Another JT baht bus thread!? I'm sorry, but I simply am unable to take it seriously ... facepalm.gif

Actually, the songthaews are great and it probably wasn't till I read one of JT's threads many years ago did I realise that I should be paying Bt10 ... and not the Bt20 I did as a first-time tourist to Pattaya.

• Like 2

I don't use the bhat buses that often because I have a car but I do use them occasionally and never paid more then 10 bhat. Which route charges 20 bhat?

20B is for long distances on Sukumvit on the white bahtbuses, and also trips between Jomtien and points beyond Central on the dark blue ones.

Baht busses are just about the only saving grace of this town. And cheap rent. Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Slaps, shouts, punches, kicks, and curses won't stop me. All aboard!

Thats the spirit JT-and don,t forget to have that extra 10 baht handy-just in case thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Baht busses are just about the only saving grace of this town. And cheap rent. Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thats the spirit JT-and don,t forget to have that extra 10 baht handy-just in case thumbsup.gif

Yes. Baseball bats, knives, and guns would stop me though ... w00t.gif

Yes. Baseball bats, knives, and guns would stop me though ... w00t.gif

You must have a face/personality that alarms our friendly songtaew drivers giggle.gif

You obviously don't use the going to Jomtien baht bus queue in South Pattaya in high season. Now there is demand for MORE baht buses, MANY more. Also real buses and real taxis but that would be in an alternative universe Pattaya.

No increase in numbers needed, just the existing ones (or preferably half as many) going where the demand is rather than forever circling Beach and 2nd Roads or parking outside supermarkets hoping for rip-off charter fares.

.....believe me you are far,far better off in Pattaya with its fixed routes of 10 and 20 bhat. I don't use the bhat buses that often because I have a car but I do use them occasionally and never paid more then 10 bhat. Which route charges 20 bhat?

Jomptien Beach Rd to Pattaya 2nd/ South Rd corner.

Jomptien Beach Rd to Pattaya 2nd/ South Rd corner.

That is totally incorrect. The fare for that without any doubt whatsoever, none at all is - TEN BAHT. You will not find any drivers objecting to 10 baht for that run unless you stupidly or accidentally CHARTERED the truck as a taxi.

Edited by Jingthing