Good tv series

beechbum

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The guns in the original Westworld movie used a heat sensor; they wouldn’t harm a warm human, but were leathal to cold machines. We don’t know if it works the same way in our new Westworld series, but it’s certainly possible. If the hosts were cold though wouldn’t it take away from it seeming real?

At least things would feel quite awkward in the bedroom. 

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Well.....no. 

Seems like not all of us understand that.

Not everyone was a teenager and had their first cinematic wet dream in 1973 when the original West World was released. Some might be more used to follow a white rabbit and dodge virtual bullets in slow motion.

It certainly helps to have a clear memory of the original West World film, so lets help each other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Not everyone was a teenager and had their first cinematic wet dream in 1973 when the original West World was released. Some might be more used to follow a white rabbit and dodge virtual bullets in slow motion.

It certainly helps to have a clear memory of the original West World film, so lets help each other.

Why?

The questions asked by a certain poster were rather stupid as the answers were in the first episode.

Absolutely not necessary to watch the 1973 Westworld to understand the TV series.

"Zapped"..sounds worth a look

After finding success with the revival of Red Dwarf, the Dave channel has now turned to another cult genre to find its next comedy hit: fantasy. And the signs from the first episode of Zapped are pretty encouraging.

It stars Inbetweeners actor James Buckley in his usual feckless everyman guise: this time a temp who inadvertently takes possession of a magical amulet that transports him to an odd parallel universe, inhabited by fairies, soothsayers and the lovechild of a dwarf and a giant.

So, a classic fish-out-of-water setup, behind all the trappings, But it’s executed well. Of course, Brian Weaver struggles to come to terms with his new reality in the realm of Munty, but its inhabitants are also baffled by him, especially his explanation of what an online content manager actually does.

14 hours ago, bubblegum said:

New Netflix series "The Crown" so far looked at ep. 1 and 2, brilliant. About the life of Queen Elisabeth.

Am downloading all 10 episodes at the moment.

It has a 9.2 imdb rating, so, have high hopes.

Wondering if it is going to be similar to Victoria (see link).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5137338/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

On 11/6/2016 at 8:42 AM, KarenBravo said:

Am downloading all 10 episodes at the moment.

It has a 9.2 imdb rating, so, have high hopes.

Wondering if it is going to be similar to Victoria (see link).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5137338/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Victoria pretty good so far.  The Crown very good as well.  Also enjoyed Reign about Mary, Queen of Scots.

On 10/14/2016 at 11:31 AM, steve2112 said:

'frequency' was pretty good, police story with a supernatural twist. 'the exorcist' was well made, not really my genre but still enjoyable.

Yes this (frequency) is entertaining.  On the CW.  Based on the movie with Dennis Quaid.

9 hours ago, avvocato said:

Yes this (frequency) is entertaining.  On the CW.  Based on the movie with Dennis Quaid.

By coincidence I watched the pilot today.

Leant heavily on the old movie, but seems to be going in the direction of 12 Monkeys. I.E. changing singular events in the past creates monumental changes in the future 

18 hours ago, Old Croc said:

By coincidence I watched the pilot today.

Leant heavily on the old movie, but seems to be going in the direction of 12 Monkeys. I.E. changing singular events in the past creates monumental changes in the future 

Another recent time travel adventure is Timeless on NBC. I don't enjoy it as much as Frequency but it's satisfying entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avvocato said:

Another recent time travel adventure is Timeless on NBC. I don't enjoy it as much as Frequency but it's satisfying entertainment.

I just checked them both on IMDB.

Frequency looks like a TV version of the film.

Timeless looks like another Continuum.

The user reviews of both weren't too kind.

Gonna try Berlin Station tonight. Quite impressed with Designated Survivor but Kieffer is a bit too Val Doonican as the president. Westworld not too bad though I dread to think how rich their customers must have to be too keep the place funded!!!!

Really enjoyed Stranger Things on Netflix. And Man in the High Castle. Both back for a season 2 I hope

Sent using Tapatalk

I have enjoyed the Designated survivor. Timeless seems interesting, while Frequency became quite messy after just few episodes. 

About the Westworld, I understood that the price for the participants is USD 40.000 per day.

In 2050's we might have those parks, with price tag of new hundred dollars per day in today's currency. The physical material costs are not too much. The development costs are.

Like in any other technology, which reaches the maternity and mass production, costs drop significantly. 

Thinking I might consider pulling the plug on The Walking Dead depending on how this season goes. Season 7 E01 was a bit OTT and sure felt like 10 minutes of pointless and none too pleasant story line padded out to 45 while E02 had to be the most boring of every season ever! Not enough Rosita in it too!! 5555

Posted using Tapatalk

The Shooter has all the potential to become a good series. The first episode was good and it will be interesting to see how it develops. 

Pure genius is a wait and see.

Top Gear replacement, Grand Tour is F'n boring. It lacks all the rude fun which made Top Gear a fun show to watch. It's sad to see the guys to have subdued to the American standard of fun. The lack of freedom of speech and though, makes this new show really boring.