Good tv series

beechbum

• 2 weeks later...

Vikings season 4 ep1 out now.

I normally like these Dark Age / Medieval type dramas but couldn't get into Vikings at all, not sure why. Just felt like I was watching one of those History Channel documentaries where they sometimes use the reconstructions to depict a particular point. Quite liked The Bastard Executioner (but even that dragged at times) and even The Last Kingdom but Vikings :(

Not new, but 'The Hour' from a few years ago is top class British show.

Also, 'The Fall' seasons 1 and 2 ( BBC-N.Ireland effort). Season 3 is being shot in Belfast, currently. '

'Love & Hate' (Irish series, similar to the Oz criminal family saga 'Animal Kingdom' ).

' Bosch' can't decide - the first 2 episodes are uneven ( the books are great).

And of course, for us lovers of black humour, 'Ash versus Evil Dead'

American Odyssey has a really interesting premise, drags on a bit and kinda silly in places, but worth watching.

War and Peace is ok adaption of the book. I suggest you brush up on your Napoleonic history before watching it.

Full Frontal With Samantha Bee is pretty good, kinda like Last Week Tonight with John Oliver which is excellent

I just download 2 new shows Trapped from Iceland and The Saboteurs from Norway, both sound very interesting

The Man in the High Castle is very good. Alternaive history. Germany / Japan won the war and the Eastern US is part of the Greater German Reich. Divided by a neutral zone and then the Japanese Pacific Stares.

Great attention to detail . Book was by Philip K Dick who was a great sciFi writer.

Company X is pretty good, about a special ops group in occupied France in WW2. not very believable but entertaining.

It ain't no Band of Brothers that's for sure. Bit like Harry Potter meets the Nazis (minus the acting skills) and takes on the most polite (and incomplete) Waffen SS ever depicted. Not sure I'll watch past ep 2/3 if it doesn't improve (a LOT).

I'll give another plug for "the night manager" miniseries. First 2 episodes were great. It's a typical BBC series that slowly draws you in and before you know it you're Counting the days till the next episode.

Also season 2 of better call Saul is shaping up quite nicely. Great acting.

I'll give another plug for "the night manager" miniseries. First 2 episodes were great. It's a typical BBC series that slowly draws you in and before you know it you're Counting the days till the next episode.

Hugh Laurie is the only reason i'm watching for now, see how it plays out