Good tv series

beechbum

5 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Why doesn't the link play the movie.? Is it one of those pay sites.I just Google the Movies posted here and 90 % are free on various links

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

imdb gives you descriptions of movies, if you want the movies/series use any of the many torrent sites, they're all free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:
On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:39 PM, JetsetBkk said:
"Designated Survivor" episode 1 was good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5296406/

I hope they can keep it up, although blowing up the POTUS and Capitol Hill is difficult to beat.

Why doesn't the link play the movie.? Is it one of those pay sites.I just Google the Movies posted here and 90 % are free on various links

The trailers used to work for me using Firefox months ago, but they haven't for the last several months. I thought it was because my Firefox version is really old (v28).

So I just tried IE - trailers still don't play.

Then I tried Google Chrome and the bluddy thing works. angry.gif

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 8:53 AM, KarenBravo said:

First episode of Westworld will be shown on 2nd October.

A TV series inspired by the 1973 movie of the same name starring Yul Brynner. One of the best sci-fy movies ever.

The TV series has some real heavy-weight actors. Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris for a start.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Just watched the first episode last night.

Ed Harris is one bad, scary-arse villain.

Now has a 9.2 imdb rating.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

On 26/9/2559 at 8:53 AM, KarenBravo said:

First episode of Westworld will be shown on 2nd October.

A TV series inspired by the 1973 movie of the same name starring Yul Brynner. One of the best sci-fy movies ever.

The TV series has some real heavy-weight actors. Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris for a start.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This could be good, but unlike the movie they could also spin this on forever.

What up with the Danish accent and giving one of the lead roles to the Danish prime minister from the series Borgen?

America don't have enough actors?

34 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

This could be good, but unlike the movie they could also spin this on forever.

What up with the Danish accent and giving one of the lead roles to the Danish prime minister from the series Borgen?

America don't have enough actors?

Maybe they wanted to avoid the "plastic" feeling.

Edited by Lampang2
  • Like 1

On 26/9/2559 at 2:39 PM, JetsetBkk said:

"Designated Survivor" episode 1 was good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5296406/

I hope they can keep it up, although blowing up the POTUS and Capitol Hill is difficult to beat.

I am throwing in the towel after 2 episode. Jack Bauer is just not convincing as President, the staff and even the oval office is not of the same quality as House of Cards. Kevin Spacey just set the standard for this kind of TV series very high.

The Idea behind the Designated Survivor however is good.

On 10/13/2016 at 8:15 AM, KarenBravo said:

Just watched the first episode last night.

Ed Harris is one bad, scary-arse villain.

Now has a 9.2 imdb rating.

i don't get Ed Harris' character, he must be costing the company a fortune in robot repairs and what's the point, all his scenes are with other 'hosts', he's not interacting with the guests at all as far as i can tell. 

I am throwing in the towel after 2 episode. Jack Bauer is just not convincing as President, the staff and even the oval office is not of the same quality as House of Cards. Kevin Spacey just set the standard for this kind of TV series very high.
The Idea behind the Designated Survivor however is good.

I'm enjoying it but do admit there's been an avalanche of excellent TV series hitting us in the last month or so & it might end up being put on the back burner for a while.

4 hours ago, steve2112 said:

i don't get Ed Harris' character, he must be costing the company a fortune in robot repairs and what's the point, all his scenes are with other 'hosts', he's not interacting with the guests at all as far as i can tell. 

Oh dear, you didn't follow the story.

Ed Harris is a paying guest who has been to Westworld many times before. He is convinced that there is a deeper level to the game. Therefore, he has no interest in other guests.

You can tell that he was correct as after torturing the black guy from the saloon, you see him walking away with a fragment of the host's skull that has what appears to be a map etched into it.

If you don't pay attention, this show is going to go over your head.

PS. You have to presume that the guests are paying a small fortune to cover all costs........but, I thought that would be obvious. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a program, would there?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Ed Harris is a paying guest who has been to Westworld many times before. He is convinced that there is a deeper level to the game. Therefore, he has no interest in other guests.

You can tell that he was correct as after torturing the black guy from the saloon, you see him walking away with a fragment of the host's skull that has what appears to be a map etched into it.

If you don't pay attention, this show is going to go over your head.

PS. You have to presume that the guests are paying a small fortune to cover all costs........but, I thought that would be obvious. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a program, would there?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/13/this-westworld-theory-claims-the-man-in-black-is-actually-an-older-version-of-another-character-6190782/

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

if Ed Harris is a guest, how come he can get shot and it has no effect on him?

7 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

Guests = real humans.

Hosts = Androids.

The guests are paying guests. They don't want to get hurt. They pay for the privilege of  "hurting" the hosts.......which are androids.

Westworld seems to be a bit beyond your comprehension. Try watching something a bit less complicated.

Edited by KarenBravo

41 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

One of the biggest questions fans of HBO’s Westworld have is “how do the guns work?” We know that the weapons in the park can’t hurt guests, but are plenty lethal to the hosts, but why?

When William enters the park for the first time he asks the host who is orientating him if the weapons are real, and her response is “real enough.”

We also know that the bullets bounce off guests and kill hosts as seen in the lopsided gunfight between Teddy and the man in black.

The Westworld Terms and Conditions say that guns and weapons should not be tampered with, and that Delos is not responsible for anything that happens with a weapon that’s been tampered with. Does this mean the guns are real and could be lethal to humans?

The guns in the original Westworld movie used a heat sensor; they wouldn’t harm a warm human, but were leathal to cold machines. We don’t know if it works the same way in our new Westworld series, but it’s certainly possible. If the hosts were cold though wouldn’t it take away from it seeming real?

We will just have to wait and find out more on how guns work in Westworld as the series continues.

http://beyondwestworld.com/2016/10/11/guns-work-westworld