Russian dies in high-speed motorbike crash in North Pattaya

webfact

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson ripped that quote from George Carlin. The original quote is "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man,what a ride!' George Carlin (2003)
Do you take all of your life's advice from the rankings and ravings of the pickled brain of an admitted alcohol and drug addict? One great role model there...so when are you two going for your ride?

Perhaps we can burn the works of Hemmingway and Steinbeck. Erase the accomplishments of Churchill and trash the works of Van Gough. Being an alcoholic does not remove a person from humanity or their deminish their contributions, however controversial. Those that condemn and criticize must indeed live a perfect life.

Before this gets turned into a "battle of the academics" I think the point is that the quotation seems to often be used (or misused) as a justification for someone behaving like a d*ck and spending most of their lives drinking, smoking etc to excess and achieving nothing accept an early grave.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, one less threat to me on the road.

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Whatever you do don't ever change...

If people deliberately risk innocent peoples lives, then it is better they die. No sympathy from me.

I hope you and the other people with this kind of attitude wake up one day and join the human race.

RIP to a man who died far too young.

Whatever you do don't ever change...Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

His nutty driving is putting me and my family at risk. I have no sympathy for him and am glad he is off the road.

Have you ever made a mistake whilst driving? Perhaps even one that could have endangered others? Of course you have, we ALL have. Should you have been killed during one of these mistakes would it be appropriate for anyone to say "good riddance, glad he is off the road" about your death?

Grow up and have some respect.

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Too bad he had to die, but that's not my problem. His reckless driving could have easily killed somebody else, a child, a family, or even a dog. If he wants to be reckless or suicidal, he should do it in a place where only he is at risk.

I don't know how he was riding, 70 or 80 would do the damage. Either way he paid the ultimate price and your lack of respect for a 26 year old mans tragic death is appalling. It is clear no one can convince you to re think your insensitive comments so I leave them with you.

Put your beer bottle down and think of what you just wrote.

I drink wine, not beer, and then only on weekend nights.

You should get off the stool, the bargirls went home hours ago! wacko.png

As for what I said, I've seen these bully boys racing down the road without regard for people or animals.

So, he was a "bully boy" now.

Let me guess "chardonnay" but only 2 glasses, then home at 10:00 for pipe and slippers before tucking into bed in your gentlemans nightie.

If I want to drive fast be it car or motorcycle I will do it in America where the roads are proper for speed and the drivers did not buy their license. Most will drive in one lane too!!! six months in Thailand and I am happy to go back to the states. Only reason I come here anymore is my son married to a Thai and I have a grandson here. Thailand has made a big change for worst, not like it was back in the 70's and 80's. Before people respected falangs and AIDS was not in anyones mind or other body parts!!! Sorry about off post too much.

last night i see motor bikes blasting along beach road tooting at any one who tried to cross the road.....one less idiot.

I'm always amazed that pedestrians aren't run down by these things, and on a fairly regular basis. Excessive speed is the name of the game with them, they zip out from behind larger vehicles and so aren't often seen until the last moment, and deliberately accelerate recklessly whenever they see an opening ahead, even if they can clearly see pedestrians trying to use that opening to get across the road (or maybe I should say especially if...). From a pedestrian perspective, they're most often unpredictable, moving at crazy speeds, and a real hazard. Pinheaded foreign drivers on their 2-wk holidays are even more aggressive than the locals.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson ripped that quote from George Carlin. The original quote is "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man,what a ride!' George Carlin (2003)

Why is it that the people I usually hear quoting this are retired, fat old geezers? And the most exiting thing they have ever done is shift their pension and chubby carcass to Thailand so they can spend all day drinking cheap beer surrounded by bar girls...

Yep, your post is the most stupid post of the day. Well done that man. rolleyes.gif

Do you have a magical insight to a poster. Don't think so eh. sad.png

Well thank you, it was written with tongue in cheek, but seems you missed that, must be my sense of humor. Not sure what you mean about "magical insight to a poster" please explain and I will see if I can help.

Thank Buddha most people here do not have enough money to buy such monster motorbikes...

Whenever I see one, it always disappear very fast in front of me...

Coincidentally Ducati are building them in Thailand and there is a dealer in Pattaya.

Whatever you do don't ever change...Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

His nutty driving is putting me and my family at risk. I have no sympathy for him and am glad he is off the road.

Have you ever made a mistake whilst driving? Perhaps even one that could have endangered others? Of course you have, we ALL have. Should you have been killed during one of these mistakes would it be appropriate for anyone to say "good riddance, glad he is off the road" about your death?

Grow up and have some respect.

Big mistake here, these two comments at 12.17, were not made by me. Please check this out Mr Mod, and may I say, It is not a mistake going way over the speed limit. That is deliberate. I think it is you who should grow up.

They started renting these powerful bikes within the past few years, Pattaya has more bars per square kilometer than I think anywhere in the world. I would love to see comparative statistics to road deaths before big bikes and after them. It is a pity that this young man died at 26, but the problem is he could have taken innocent people with him. It is in the name of greed that this happened. He may have been drunk when he rented it, I think that if there are a few baht to be made it would not matter to the renter.

If people deliberately risk innocent peoples lives, then it is better they die. No sympathy from me.
With each tick of the clock, we all move ahead in line to our final judgement where we answer for our deeds.

Sympathy is a human trait. Hate also is.

One Day at a Time

Edited by Benmart

last night i see motor bikes blasting along beach road tooting at any one who tried to cross the road.....one less idiot.

I don't know if the young man was an idiot, but I am certain about the idiocy of some based on their cruel posts.

RIP young man.

• Like 1

Wow, you guys knew this person obviously and were present at the scene of the accident, stupid must hang out in the same groups.

Cannot teach stupid as it is something you are born with.

Yes, our usual brigade of bitter pensioners knew the Russian guy personally. They always do.

Every time there is a bike accident here, and rider dies in a crash, we have people here throwing insults towards a dead guy.

He was 26, he is now dead, maybe give your lame, senile comments a rest!

• Like 1

Wow, you guys knew this person obviously and were present at the scene of the accident, stupid must hang out in the same groups.

Yes, our usual brigade of bitter pensioners knew the Russian guy personally. They always do.

Every time there is a bike accident here, and rider dies in a crash, we have people here throwing insults towards a dead guy.

Perhaps some of us ol' guys are fed up with young folk meeting their end through lack of regulation. sad.png

• Like 1

Perhaps some of us ol' guys are fed up with young folk meeting their end through lack of regulation. sad.png

Fed up? So you feel insulting a dead person is somehow acceptable?

Young guys are killing themselves, riding bikes they cant handle. It happens everywhere in the world, it takes a millisecond to lose control, usually it ends with death.

So you are fed up? I'm sure this guys family is mourning.

Nobody else was hurt in this crash. If you dont feel sorry for young man losing his life, maybe at least dont make fun of it, but many here do, and maybe dont insult him. He is dead.

Riders are not always drunk. They may even be good, experienced riders. But if he arrived here yesterday, rented a bike, there is a hi probability he does not know the few very important details about roads in Pattaya. On Thrappya rd there is very often sand on pavement, and thats it, his ride is over.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fed up? So you feel insulting a dead person is somehow acceptable?

Young guys are killing themselves, riding bikes they cant handle. It happens everywhere in the world, it takes a millisecond to lose control, usually it ends with death.

So you are fed up? I'm sure this guys family is mourning.

Nobody else was hurt in this crash. If you dont feel sorry for young man losing his life, maybe at least dont make fun of it, but many here do, and maybe dont insult him. He is dead.

Obviously you don't understand my post.

If the law here stopped these guys renting stuff when nobody who rents them out has NO idea if they can deal with this type of of machine then next week another ''tourist'' WILL meet his maker.

• Like 2

If the law here stopped these guys renting stuff when nobody who rents them out has NO idea if they can deal with this type of of machine then next week another ''tourist'' WILL meet his maker.

I understood your post.

You posted that since you are fed up with lack of regulations here, it is somhow ok to insult a dead guy. Wasn't that what you posted?

I understood your post.

You posted that since you are fed up with lack of regulations here, it is somhow ok to insult a dead guy. Wasn't that what you posted?

Show me any insult please....................

I'm over in Phuket and it always amazes me when I see tourists trying to ride scooters let alone the big boys. They either have limited or no riding experience. I think they all believe it's so simple to ride a bike, and it is, in a straight line on a quiet road. But bends are a different matter as the bikers will know. I remember the first time I was taught to counter on bends, I thought my leg was being pulled, and I also remember as a novice trying to take a corner at speed without leaning or countering, gave me the fright of my life. I really only take a bike into Patong because of the traffic and parking problem and see on an almost daily basis tourists on R6s or R1s with no idea how to control them, stalling them, dropping them. Really they are not sports bikes, but race bikes, they belong on a track not pottering around a town! I feel sorry for the guy but imagine he had no idea how to deal with the power and no idea how to take a bend at speed.

RIP.

SDM

• Like 1

including a traumatic amputation of his left foot below the knee

I believe most feet are below the knee.

...surgically feet are most often amputated just below the knee or at the ankle, depending on the medical condition or trauma suffered. The wording of the report serves to inform at which point the foot was severed.

Obviously all feet are below the knee but strangely some brains are located in the male genitalia, or so we might believe when considering the actions of some expats in Thailand.

Irrespective of cause, liability or any other reason for the incident, we can at least offer condolences to relatives of the victim I'm sure.

• Like 1

I think that their lame, senile comments will be put to rest only when the cold, earth blanket is pulled over their heads.

Their heartless, cruel and cold comments nurture a decaying compassion for other humans. It is most likely fueled by their toxic lifestyles.

Easy Does It

Edited by Benmart

This man, sorry to say but made a big favour for others cause he didn't kill anyone, and pretty sure he won't kill anyone also.

RIP big biker man, I guess the rental shop says something else, not this ..

Why is sympathy shown to the drunks that kill themselves ?

Many many deaths here on the roads, both motor bike riders, their passengers, and pick-up/car deaths.

These deaths are attributed to stupidity.

Many innocent bystanders are killed or injured too by this stupidity.

Yet, the law allows this to re-occur time and time again.

So, if these drunken fools wish to continue to kill themselves, and the Thai system chooses to be "soft" on this issue, "Let It Be".

Remember, we are in Thailand !!

• Like 1

Why is sympathy shown to the drunks that kill themselves ?

Many innocent bystanders are killed or injured too by this stupidity.

How do you know he was drunk?

It is normal human emotion to feel symphaty for a 26 yr old man, who lost his life in an accident. You do know that accidents happen easily while riding a superbike? It could have been number of things that made him lose control.

Nobody but the rider himself was hurt in this accident.

0 innocent bystanders were hurt.

On a related note, do you have any heart at all?

Edited by valgehiir