Russian dies in high-speed motorbike crash in North Pattaya

webfact

Why is sympathy shown to the drunks that kill themselves ?

Many innocent bystanders are killed or injured too by this stupidity.

How do you know he was drunk?

It is normal human emotion to feel symphaty for a 26 yr old man, who lost his life in an accident. You do know that accidents happen easily while riding a superbike? It could have been number of things that made him lose control.

Nobody but the rider himself was hurt in this accident.

0 innocent bystanders were hurt.

On a related note, do you have any heart at all?

1.30am+high speed...pretty safe bet to assume a bottle or 2 of Vodka was also involved. . It was kind of him to not take out any innocents in his moment of glory though.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Calling you clueless is as mild as possible.

If not for rules, i would use words that you really deserve.

You celebrate the death of a 26 year old man. Does it get any lower than that!

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Darwin was right...but 26 is so very young to be weeded out. Just glad he didn't take any innocents with him.

Мир праху твоему (Peace Be To Your Body)

Yep, Darwinism in action.

Hope he hadn't already contributed to the gene pool.

No. Calling you clueless is as mild as possible. If not for rules, i would use words that you really deserve. You celebrate the death of a 26 year old man. Does it get any lower than that! Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

lol @ celebrate his death, I called him for what he was and that was stupid. Given you user name I must ask if you were friends with the guy ?

Edited by Spoonman

1.30am+high speed...pretty safe bet to assume a bottle or 2 of Vodka was also involved. . It was kind of him to not take out any innocents in his moment of glory though.

Probably not safe to assume, but definitely a fair chance. Having said that I'm quite often on my Ninja 650 at that time of the morning and breaking the speed limit (whatever that is anyway), but am never drunk, I enjoy my life too much!

I believe that this is more likely down to the type of bike combined with the riders inexperience, or could also equally be worn tyres, damaged tyres, tyres with incorrect pressures, a bent fork, oil on the road, sand in the road, a pot hole, a cat or dog running out.... the list goes on and could kill even the most experienced sober rider in the blink of an eye, even at a moderate speed.

I don't know about the R6s, but have heard the R1s are very hard to control speed wise. Probably because they are race bikes I have known people take them back because they just can't hold the speed down.

I can't see any way to regulate this either. The Thais only have one type of licence that allows us to ride any power range, and they assume if you can ride a 125 cc, as all Brits can do on a UK standard car licence, that you can handle any power.

A life is lost and it's a shame. He wasn't a murderer or a rapist (that's me assuming!), he was just a holiday maker who didn't think and is now dead. A shame indeed.

SDM

• Like 1

Good, one less threat to me on the road.

Whatever you do don't ever change...Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

His nutty driving is putting me and my family at risk. I have no sympathy for him and am glad he is off the road.

I don't believe any of us witnessed his "nutty driving". Your sympathy is best reserved for a personal loss that I hope is never needed.

A life is as dear as the very breath you are now taking. Wishing ill of someone diminishes the humanity that comes with that breath.

Think,Think, Think

Why is sympathy shown to the drunks that kill themselves ?

Many many deaths here on the roads, both motor bike riders, their passengers, and pick-up/car deaths.

These deaths are attributed to stupidity.

Many innocent bystanders are killed or injured too by this stupidity.

Yet, the law allows this to re-occur time and time again.

So, if these drunken fools wish to continue to kill themselves, and the Thai system chooses to be "soft" on this issue, "Let It Be".

Remember, we are in Thailand !!

In my case, sympathy is extended, not to the drunk, but to the human person and his family. I don't condone since I am not qualified. I don't condemn since I am not qualified.

Myself, as do most people, have numerous character defects. People make bad choices which often result in tragic consequences. Those choices do not automatically remove them from the roll-call of humanity, rather it reminds us of the fallacy of our perceived perfection.

Live and Let Live

...and one idiot still among the living. As the man lived in Russia for many years, it is logical to conclude that he rode bike in that diverse climate and probably knew how to handle himself. Then he comes to Thailand and gets dead. As the story indicates that no witnesses came forward, the case will remain a mystery as to the cause of him losing control of his ride and/or colliding with the barrier.

The photos suggest a straight road. How does one impact with a barrier that they are riding parallel with, unless they feel compelled to change direction suddenly and end up heading for that barrier? The answer is clear to me at any rate, until more facts come out, ... which they won't.

Additionally, one would never expect the coppers to check the bike for streaks of paint that might be foreign to the bikes colors. Perhaps they were too busy noting that the feet are below the knees, as their police manual suggests, and that the condition of a body and vehicle really do reflect the rate of speed before impact. These lunatics must be savants!!!

In my view and opinion at this point, I hope the driver who caused the deceased to swerve suddenly - or perhaps nicked the poor man's bike - and kept on driving, has the decency to come forward and confess to their lunatic actions that quite possibly caused this.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

...and one idiot still among the living. As the man lived in Russia for many years, it is logical to conclude that he rode bike in that diverse climate and probably knew how to handle himself. Then he comes to Thailand and gets dead. As the story indicates that no witnesses came forward, the case will remain a mystery as to the cause of him losing control of his ride and/or colliding with the barrier.

The photos suggest a straight road. How does one impact with a barrier that they are riding parallel with, unless they feel compelled to change direction suddenly and end up heading for that barrier? The answer is clear to me at any rate, until more facts come out, ... which they won't.

Additionally, one would never expect the coppers to check the bike for streaks of paint that might be foreign to the bikes colors. Perhaps they were too busy noting that the feet are below the knees, as their police manual suggests, and that the condition of a body and vehicle really do reflect the rate of speed before impact. These lunatics must be savants!!!

In my view and opinion at this point, I hope the driver who caused the deceased to swerve suddenly - or perhaps nicked the poor man's bike - and kept on driving, has the decency to come forward and confess to their lunatic actions that quite possibly caused this.

A Dog................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

A Dog................coffee1.gif

Could be; but to imply such a strong possibility makes saying "one less threat on the road" callous and assenine. Speeding is stupid, but speeding and being capable and then coming here could also just as easily make a capable driver appear stupid, in spite of incompetent follow-up.

Motorcycles like these should be outlawed in Thailand. Throw in motor bikes and scooters as well, anything over 50cc.

Allow only motor boards, something like this, problem solved (well at least most problems, because it's questionable if you are able to ride these in most sois given the pavement condition). But at max speed of 15 mph it's unlikely that you can kill others and/or yourself.

motorboard20specs-jj-001.jpg

That looks like fun...can you get these in Thailand?

Not sure, but these are foldable, it would ship in a flat box.

If they declare it as "toy", probably no import duty.

The driving risks I have learned since being here are daft driving by locals and dogs. Was just my thought........smile.png

In my truck a dog will be history but on a bike it could be catastrophic for a rider at speed.

We are taught if a dog crosses our path to put the power on and ride over it. Fortunately I have never been in that position.

I did hear that in terms of road fatalities Thailand is now number three in the world, I also heard that the Phuket authorities stopped publishing stats about three months ago!

SDM

Speed played a role but maybe there was someone else involved. My friend was in a minor accident the other day. A pick up driving on the wrong side -swerve to around it just to face the truck the pick up was overtaking on a blind corner. So he ended up in the jungle and put his bike down. None of them stopped. No serious injuries but if so he would probably still be in the jungle ....

• Like 1

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Whatever you do don't ever change...

If people deliberately risk innocent peoples lives, then it is better they die. No sympathy from me.

And you have proof of this...your deliberately risking innocent people's lives theory? As has been posted, there are myriad possible reasons for this accident, with irresponsible or risky behavior being but one of them.

I was not particularly referring to this incident, though going by the report, he seems to have been well over the speed limit. I repeat, anyone who DELIBERATELY puts innocent peoples life at risk, ie drunk driving etc, would be better dead.

Deciding who would be better dead is an area best left for a power much higher than any of us. CAPS, to my understanding, denotes yelling. In this instance, it seems to amplify a lack of civility.

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Whatever you do don't ever change...

I don't have compassion for anyone that rents a high powered m'bike and drives like a maniac. Self inflicted injury.

I saw idiots on high speed bikes driving far too fast all the time in Pattaya, usually with some hapless bargirl clinging on for life on the back. They should ban the renting of them, but TiT.

I would have had compassion for anyone that he killed though. Luckily, he doesn't appear to have done so.

Speed played a role but maybe there was someone else involved. My friend was in a minor accident the other day. A pick up driving on the wrong side -swerve to around it just to face the truck the pick up was overtaking on a blind corner. So he ended up in the jungle and put his bike down. None of them stopped. No serious injuries but if so he would probably still be in the jungle ....

Pick ups driving on the wrong side of the road are situation normal on Thai roads. Slow down or die.