Air filter problem at SHELL

sunny747

Hello experts,

yesterday i went to Shell (rama 9) with my 15 years old car to change the engine oil.

The guy also took out the air filter to blow clean the dust out of it. not only he took out the filter but also the entire hose pipe which is connected to engine.

Everything seems okai .

but now when i drive, i feel 1st and 2nd gear not getting the power. It is backfiring when i accelerate.

Today morning when the engine was cold, it started alright but it didn't drive properly till the engine was hot.

what could be the problem here?

did the guy reassembled the filter improperly ? or he messed up with the engine tune?

The car was running really smooth before i went to Shell .

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Difficult to say without looking under the hood. How old was the air filter ? Did the guy blow the crap out from the inside out. If not he might have compacted the crap.

Take the air filter out and drive the car round the block. If it is OK then buy a new filter, if the same, will need investigation.

PS. Did you put fuel in at the same time ?

Edited by transam

Difficult to say without looking under the hood. How old was the air filter ? Did the guy blow the crap out from the inside out. If not he might have compacted the crap.

Take the air filter out and drive the car round the block. If it is OK then buy a new filter, if the same, will need investigation.

PS. Did you put fuel in at the same time ?

hi,

no i didn't put fuel at the same time.

the thing is my car was absolutely fine before this guy touched my filter.....my filter is 4 months old. i didn't notice how he blew the crap.

my gut feeling is when he was unscrewing the hose, he mistakenly messed up with fine-tune screw.

thanks,

before i used to use Shell engine oil. Then i changed to sports english oil recommended by my garage. Then i noticed i was not getting good mileage as before so i flashed it and got back to Shell engine oil (after using for 3 months, 5k km)

could that be a problem? however, when engine is hot, it seems to run okay but not as good as before.

before i used to use Shell engine oil. Then i changed to sports english oil recommended by my garage. Then i noticed i was not getting good mileage as before so i flashed it and got back to Shell engine oil (after using for 3 months, 5k km)

could that be a problem? however, when engine is hot, it seems to run okay but not as good as before.

Oil no problem. Sounds like cold start enrichment (choke) is not working. Might have a wire off. There should be a sensor on the air filter tube with a wiring connector on it. Check it has been reconnected or wiggle it about, disconnect and reconnect.

• Like 1

Oil no problem. Sounds like cold start enrichment (choke) is not working. Might have a wire off. There should be a sensor on the air filter tube with a wiring connector on it. Check it has been reconnected or wiggle it about, disconnect and reconnect.

sounds like it. I'll check it when i get back home. thanks for the heads up mate. appreciate your support.

Hi Transam

u were right. i went back home and opened the hood only to find out the wiring connector was disconnected.

The guy forgot to hook it back.

my car is smooth as silk now.

thanks so much for your help mate. You saved lot of my money.

Hi Transam

u were right. i went back home and opened the hood only to find out the wiring connector was disconnected.

giggle.gif , don't tell the others, they think l am crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif .........................laugh.png

Hi Transam

giggle.gif , don't tell the others, they think l am crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif .........................laugh.png

Excellent call! clap2.gif

'Ya see, you have your moments .... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Hi Transam

We do think you are....but in the good way :)