Does THAI Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?

webfact

Does THAI Scandinavia have the best "premium economy"?

Premium_Economy_Class.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Most travellers outside Scandinavia will be unaware that Thai offers probably the best “premium economy”

Premium_Economy_Classseating anywhere in the world on B777-300ER flights departing Copenhagen and Stockholm for Bangkok.

After all, what other carrier provides fully-flat bed seating disposed 1-2-1 when passengers buy a premium economy class return priced at DKR 13,014 (£1,464)?

But if the product is so good then why doesn’t Thai offer it on other routes? Because the Scandinavian market is unique.

Scandinavian travellers are more egalitarian than those elsewhere and this fact prompted national airline SAS to ditch first class way back in the 1980s.

What it means is that if foreign airlines wish to sell their premium products in Scandinavia they must price creatively. And that is the case at Thai Scandinavia.

Read more: Business Traveller

Source: http://scandasia.com/thai-scandinavia-best-premium-economy/

-- ScandAsia 2013-12-16

Thai is just like Business Class. Some kind of Star Aliance agreement with SAS (Scandinavian) to sell Premium Economy and Thai only have their Business Class to offer.

Have once been upgraded to SAS Premium, just the first few row in economy section, maybe little wider seat (not that much that it matters), free head phones for entertainment (economy passengers shall buy them), and perhaps some better food (which was not notoceable) – glad I was only upgraded, really not worth paying anything extra for sad.png , but Thai's is...! tongue.png

A-ha! I now understand what happened to all the legroom on the Bangkok-Chiang Mai flights. They bloody took it and put it on the Thai Scandinavia flights!

And all their Nordic pretenses towards egalitarianism. They don't even think of us Third World passengers crammed into their seats just so they can ride in luxury. As far as I'm concerned, their breath smells of lingonberries.

What happened was this. Instead of exchanging the old 747s from Copenhagen and Stockholm with new planes they took 777s from Paris and Zurich I believe who got the new planes instead. These 777s were configured for both business and first class. Thing is you can't really sell first class in Scandinavia. People just aren't willing to pay for it. So first became business class and the old business class became premium economy.

• Like 1