New and Improved Lighthouse

mikebike

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when there's three bars with food just down the road with the same view and gin and tonics at 100 Bt, why would anyone go to The Lighthouse?

Maybe the quality of food, quality of service, type of patrons, quality of liquor....

I would pay an extra 50 baht for the above....

• Like 2

I'll for sure check it out. Needs to have a quality menu, and service. I don't mind paying a premium price for premium service. I always enjoyed sitting there looking at the view in the early days of Jimmy Pearson. Did not go back after sampling the offerings by the Thai operators.
The menu is quite extensive and looks appetising. I will have to pick my way through the menu over the next month or 2

when there's three bars with food just down the road with the same view and gin and tonics at 100 Bt, why would anyone go to The Lighthouse?

What's The Lighthouse charging for a G & T?

See post #3.

See post #6 - again.

Try asking someone that either goes there, or, intends to go there. I refer you again to post #3.

I was there on opening night. Had a band, Thais doing break dancing and free food.

Haven't gone back.

Because of the food ? or the ambience ? Please give more information.

Mostly the ambience. I know it's a nice view - although better at Ao Chalong Yacht Club - but there just wasn't anything special there that attracted me.

I wasn't there to pick up any women, but I do recall saying to the guys I was with that I'd never seen so many ugly women in one place before - not the staff, just freelancers, I guess.

Because he'd have to pay.......

When are you going back on the rigs? laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Dined there tonight (after a few starts with places closed). Menu Ok, prices not so bad, service good, no complaints. The proprietor stopped by our table asking if we were Ok (a nice touch). I had a quick conversation. Australian guy (Dicky ?) and has a 9 year lease on the place. A few rooms for rent above the restaurant. Quite quiet for a high season night. The other bars on that road were packed. Best of luck to him.

Dined there tonight (after a few starts with places closed). Menu Ok, prices not so bad, service good, no complaints. The proprietor stopped by our table asking if we were Ok (a nice touch). I had a quick conversation. Australian guy (Dicky ?) and has a 9 year lease on the place. A few rooms for rent above the restaurant. Quite quiet for a high season night. The other bars on that road were packed. Best of luck to him.

Mmmm, how long do you give the place????

went by 2 days ago, few people sitting and drinking maybe it's going to work, but not make top dollar...

I would think it would have to make top dollar, just to cover the rent.

So you know how much the rent is?

went by 2 days ago, few people sitting and drinking maybe it's going to work, but not make top dollar...

No, but I doubt it would be cheap. Do you know what the rent is?

So you don't know how much the rent is, but do know they must make top dollar to pay their rent.

The new guy told me that the previous folks were paying something like 100,000 baht/month. I wonder how much his 9 year lease cost him.

The new guy told me that the previous folks were paying something like 100,000 baht/month. I wonder how much his 9 year lease cost him.

If in the same ballpark, I agree with NKM, he must make top dollar to make up for that.

@ stevenl

It's location suggests it would be high rent.

LIK has stated the previous owners were paying around 100,000 baht a month.

That's a lot of food and beverage to sell, just to pay the rent, then you have other overheads like salaries to pay, electric etc before there is even 1 baht of profit.

Yes, it would be interesting to know how much the 9 year lease was. That wouldn't have been cheap, either.