Lesbian Celebrities To Be Married In Western Country

Lite Beer

Lesbian Celebrities To Be Married In Western Country

13872761941387276205l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The famous Thai actress ′Aew′ Ampha Phusit has announced that she will marry her girlfriend in an unidentified Western country.

The actress, whose latest work was the role as Tayai Lae in the hit TV soap drama ′Thong Nuea Kao′, has been dating Ms. ′Jane′ Rangsiya Mueangkaew for two years.

Despite its sense of tolerance toward gays and lesbians, Thailand does not recognise same-sex marriage or civil partnership.

Ms. Ampha told reporters her same-sex relationship is not different to relationships of heterosexual couples. "Don′t see me as an idol in a negative manner," she said.

She also expressed her surprise that many of her fans appear to be shocked by news reports that she would marry her girlfriend. "Many other people also register [their marriages]," Ms. Ampha said, "Is it a surprise that I would register [my marriage], too? Is it so surprising that a person of my age would want to get married?"

Ms. Ampha added, "Don′t see me as tom and dee. Don′t see me as lesbians. We are just two people who understand each other. We belong to each other. That is all."

However, the actress said she had not yet scheduled the date for her marriage, explaining that she would probably marry Ms. Rangsiya next year in a European country.

Asked whether she would move to the West with her partner, Ms. Ampha said she had no plan for that yet.

"I′m busy now, and I′m quite frugal," Ms. Ampha told reporters.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE56STNOakU1TkE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-17

Newsflash: Tomorrow, both the yellow and red shirts have declared that most Thais would be wearing..a SHIRT! There are unsubstantiated rumors that rocks would also be very hard tomorrow, and that fire may be 'unusually hot'.

Details at 11PM from both the Nation and BP.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

Now if only Thaksin and Suthep could take a leaf out of their book, eh?..... (maybe a ménage a trois with Chalerm, hmmmmm) whistling.gif

If Mr Thaksin and Mr Suthep were to get married, it could be described as a uniting of the Kingdoms of hell fire. The only thing that would worry me is, what would their child look like?

• Like 2

OK, I'm assuming they are both Thai nationals. Of course there are a number of nations now that allow same sex marriages for their own nationals and also one of their nationals and one foreigner. My question is which specific nations allow same sex marriage between two foreigners (as this couple will presumably be)? In any case, not sure what legal benefits they would gain from this, assuming it's possible in at least one country, as their marriage will have no legal meaning whatsoever in Thailand.

BTW, Thailand as it moves forward towards same sex civil unions legalization and eventually marriage legalization might want to consider being one of the nations allowing these marriages between two foreigners. Yes ... for TOURISM. Many such couples would spend mucho dinero.

Edited by Jingthing

Is this news?

Of course it is. Celebrities and they are shedding light on the fact that Thailand does not offer equal civil rights to their LGBT citizens. Whether it is their intention or not, this couple are in fact with this action GAY ACTIVISTS.

• Like 2

OK, I'm assuming they are both Thai nationals. Of course there are a number of nations now that allow same sex marriages for their own nationals and also one of their nationals and one foreigner. My question is which specific nations allow same sex marriage between two foreigners (as this couple will presumably be)? In any case, not sure what legal benefits they would gain from this, assuming it's possible in at least one country, as their marriage will have no legal meaning whatsoever in Thailand.

BTW, Thailand as it moves forward towards same sex civil unions legalization and eventually marriage legalization might want to consider being one of the nations allowing these marriages between two foreigners. Yes ... for TOURISM. Many such couples would spend mucho dinero.

If they are legally married in another country, then surely they are legally married in Thailand - which is exactly how it works for heterosexual couples.

If they are legally married in another country, then surely they are legally married in Thailand - which is exactly how it works for heterosexual couples.

No they most certainly are not. Thailand does not recognize same sex marriages.

They would be considered legally married where they were married and in the countries that do recognize same sex marriages (either their own, foreign, or both). But legally in Thailand the foreign thing would be a symbolic gesture, legally meaningless.

An example of this is when Canada allowed Americans to marry each other there. It was meaningful as a gesture, but 100 percent legally meaningless back in the U.S. Canada no longer allows two foreigners to do that, but of course in the U.S. it is now possible to have same sex marriages in a number of states.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

They would be considered legally married where they were married and in the countries that do recognize same sex marriages (either their own, foreign, or both). But legally in Thailand the foreign thing would be a symbolic gesture, legally meaningless.

So what`s the point of these two women getting married if it`s only recognised abroad unless they plan to live in a country where they can happily live legally as a married couple?

In today`s society in whatever country I can`t even see the benefits of any couples being married, after all it`s only a piece of paper. I only married by Thai wife so I could live in Thailand as married to a Thai spouse because at the time I was too young for a retirement visa, otherwise I would never had bothered and would have been more than happy just as a couple living together.

The only benefits I can see for getting married is for the purposes of pensions, whereas my wife will receive part of my pension if I kick the bucket before her, but in the case of these two women, I ask the question; why bother?

Of course they are not. Thailand does not recognise same sex marriage, that these two person got married in another country would have make no legal difference whatsoever in Thailand.

So what`s the point of these two women getting married if it`s only recognised abroad unless they plan to live in a country where they can happily live legally as a married couple?

In today`s society in whatever country I can`t even see the benefits of any couples being married, after all it`s only a piece of paper. I only married by Thai wife so I could live in Thailand as married to a Thai spouse because at the time I was too young for a retirement visa, otherwise I would never had bothered and would have been more than happy just as a couple living together.

The only benefits I can see for getting married is for the purposes of pensions, whereas my wife will receive part of my pension if I kick the bucket before her, but in the case of these two women, I ask the question; why bother?

There are certainly a few benefits to marriage or civil partnership. Financial matters, being recognised as a partner in case of illness of one of the two involved and other similar issues related to two persons being in such a releationship.

In this case their proposed "foreign marriage" has no benefits if they plan on returning to Thailand, other than the publicity and hopefully some awareness of this issue in Thailand.

Yes, given that they can't obtain a legal marriage in Thailand and they wish to marry, doing this foreign marriage would mean they actually ARE technically married. So THEY will know and recognize what they've done even if their country will not.

• Like 1

Thai opportunity? No need to be concerned about Thai rationale should they ever legalize same sex marriage. It is merely a "money" opportunity and issues, rights, morality or other debate reasons have nothing to do with it. In Thailand, everythng is a money issue.