Temperatures in Thailand's North, Northeast expected to fall further

webfact

" It suggested areas that are under 15 degrees Celsius for three days in a row should be declared disaster zones so residents are entitled to an emergency aid, government spokesman Teerat Ratanasevi said."

A great Idea. Winter fuel allowance perhaps?

Buy shares in central heating companies.........smile.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in the North East and my area is ' cool ' but my neighbours are dressed up like Nanook of the North except for the flip flops!

Hardly the best way to keep warm.

I went to the doctor today dressed in blue jeans, t shirt, a warm jacket and flip flops. Even made a short bike ride dressed the same. Kind of becomes a habit.

My wife is saying it is cold in Bangkok right now, Monday we are travelling to England 1st time in 4 years for this Christmas festivities, she will know what cold is when we arrive in London! She will be in for more of a shock when we head up to the North East in the New Year & then onto Aberdeen!

Indeed. They don't know what cold is.

I don't understand how CM has frost with a minimum of 14C?

Have a good one, keep the nips of internal central heating going down your neck.

The frost in on Doi Inthanon at 2500+ meters.

• Like 1

Here in Chiangmai city was the first night with no fans on, pajamas and extra blanket for the kids.

Actually I love the cooler weather. Still glorious during the day and nice and cool too. Saving on power bill is an extra little bonus.

,... and yet this is a country where they still refuse to put heaters in new cars. The explanation for this by the dealers (happened twice now with last two car purchases) is "oh sir,.. sorry but you do not need heater in car in Thailand because Thailand very hot country"!

That may be so in summer,.. but in winter NOT,.. even driving on the highway at night from BKK to CM the interior fogs up because the external glass area is much colder than that inside.

But will they listen or will they change???

Some of the higher priced cars have heaters in them here....

I run the A/C to keep the windows clear. Who needs heat at 9C?

Jomtien was 17 overnight and 19 at 8am. I didn't think it was all that cold, but my wife has just returned from the market with a miniature hot water bottle <deleted>!

I had my digital thermometer out last night (north Jomtien) and the lowest it got to at 5 am was 22 C. Where are you that you're 5 C lower?

This morning (5 am) it's reading a degree warmer at 23 C.(at 60% humidity).

It's a nice change, but it certainly isn't cold here. In many countries 23 C is considered to be a warm summer's night.

64*F here in Mae-Jo, just outside Chiang Mai, I've just added a wee drop of 'antifreeze' (well, Tullamore Dew) to my second coffee of the morning. smile.png

Certainly was cold last night !

Ha! Wife will never leave me. Plugged in the electric blanket last night and she is extra affectionate today!

Hope it has an earth wire. ?? Switch it on to extra high setting, she will give you her gold:cheesy:

Not if she's Thai she won't

• Like 1

Toasty warm in Udon. 2 portable oil heaters downstairs and 1 in each bedroom. coffee1.gifrolleyes.gif

Get a duck down quilt and long john set, and a fur bottom nightgown for the misses.cheesy.gif save oil expense .

They are electric.

OH !!! Electric portable oil heaters . ha ha My gran had the other type-smelt a bit though.

Just a laugh =when I was a young kid my boss sent me to the shop to buy a Calor gas car battery charger. cheesy.gif Well I believed him.