PM Yingluck to step down only her party loses in election

webfact

PM to step down only her party loses in election

000_Hkg9078889-728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated she will step down only if her party loses in the February 2 general election.

Her announcement to hold on to the caretaker role until the February 2 election was described by People’s Democratic Reform Committee (DPRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban last night at the Democracy Monument as a “blatant defiance” to the people’s will.

Suthep then vowed to hold mass protest Sunday December 22 nationwide to “expel” her and will not stop until she is forced out.

Speaking at a brief press conference at the Thai Army Club, Ms Yingluck said firmly that she would not step down as demanded by the PDRC because she came from election through democratic process, and therefore should would step down only through the same process which is accepted in the world.

She said she would step down only when the new government is elected.

Posting on her Facebook today, Ms Yingluck elaborated three reasons why she has to stay on the caretaker role of the prime minister until the February 2 election.

She attributed collective responsibility of her and her cabinet to continue performing the duties until the new cabinet is formed under Article 171 and 181 of the Constitution.

She said as she, as the prime minister, had sought royal endorsement of the a royal decree to dissolve the House of Representatives, therefore she had to perform her duty to the best of her capability to cooperate with the Election Commission to hold the general election on February 22, 2014 with transparency, justice, and with peace and order.

She went on saying that what she reasoned did not mean that she would not resign or stick to the position.

Instead she said she was ready to listen to the voice of both the majority and the minority but everything has to follow constitutional democracy and the rule of law.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-step-party-loses-election/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-18

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

come on guys be fair, why should she step down when they pay her to go on shopping trips and she never has to put in an appearance, just think of all the money they save because she never uses her pm chair in the chamber, they will never have to replace it. She reiterates the thai money for nothing theme of politicians to a tee, her brother tells her what to do so she never has to think for herself, her staff tell her what to say while the ptp tell the people what they are going to do to save the country, she does absolutely nothing and she gets lots of money to buy new watcheswhistling.gif

• Like 2

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

I am no fan of PTP, but how can this be possible?

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, reject the Constitution Court ruling and still be in place???

• Like 1

Thais are very sensitive and she's not exactly what I'd call the Alpha Male type of politician. The campaigns for elections will be brutal. I don't think she can take the heat until Feb. 2nd unless she cocoons herself in the warm blanket of absence from the fray.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a translation or reporting issue, or if she really said that, but that whole headline is just wrong.

If PT fails to win the elections, then her term as caretaker PM will end and a new government will be chosen by the House instead. No "stepping down" decision involved.

Basically all she's saying is she'll just hang on until the elections.

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

Well, there is something about a woman in a uniform with a thai round her neck? attachicon.gifys.jpgtongue.png

Maybe you prefers the old dark type like Suthep.

I'll go for the young fair type like Yingluck anytime.

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

Well, there is something about a woman in a uniform with a thai round her neck? attachicon.gifys.jpgtongue.png

Love it when you talk dirty. Oohhh

Oh! i always thought that "The Banana Republic" was Jamaica. Do u even know what time of the day it is?

"everything has to follow constitutional democracy and the rule of law."

How would it be first to revoke the passport of a convicted criminal,
who is unfortunately, the older brother of the (caretaker) Prime Minister?

The Ombudsman has been waiting still long for a response in this lawless case!
And there is still the case, the spokesman of a party convicted in two instances.
Why let the (catetaker) prime minister let speak this criminal on her behalf?

Is this the rule of law?
Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

Caretaker Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated she will step down only if her party loses in the February 2 general election.

So if PTP loses the elections, she agrees not to be prime minister. If that isn't a generous offer facepalm.gif

Clear again from that statement that Yingluck has some empty rooms upstairs .

Talk about empty rooms upstairs. What part of the constitutional process of holding elections do you not understand? Apart from all of it?

• Like 1

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

So what has your off topic whinging about passports have to do with either constitutional democracy or the rule of law with respect to Yingluck stepping down from the position of Caretaker PM or not?

The answer : SFA.

• Like 2

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

So what has your off topic whinging about passports have to do with either constitutional democracy or the rule of law with respect to Yingluck stepping down from the position of Caretaker PM or not?

The answer : SFA.

SFA?

What does it mean?

Caretaker Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated she will step down only if her party loses in the February 2 general election.

So if PTP loses the elections, she agrees not to be prime minister. If that isn't a generous offer facepalm.gif

Clear again from that statement that Yingluck has some empty rooms upstairs .

Probably you need to be a little more circumspect about referring to "empty rooms upstairs" when the context clearly indicates she will relinquish her party leadership position if PTP loses the election.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As tight as possible ??? sorry just a bad sense of humour, nothing personalgiggle.gif

So not elected by the people only the party. If we lose I will step down (because I will not be in the limelight, no trips abroad, no perks, less mobile bills, no more free aircraft seat, family would be out so I will also.

To be fair if you have the fight you will stay on in opposition and want for your people to return to power, but alas telling the truth you would be useless in the house in opposition to argue against KORN (wish) Yingluck you did what was asked by your brother, and the party. NOT BY the ELECTORATE they didn't vote you in.

If your party do get re-elected it will not be because of your leadership.

"ONLY money will return you in office."

Without there will be plenty of a doubt, there will be more than enough money floating about for her and the PTP....

• Like 1

So not elected by the people only the party. If we lose I will step down (because I will not be in the limelight, no trips abroad, no perks, less mobile bills, no more free aircraft seat, family would be out so I will also.

To be fair if you have the fight you will stay on in opposition and want for your people to return to power, but alas telling the truth you would be useless in the house in opposition to argue against KORN (wish) Yingluck you did what was asked by your brother, and the party. NOT BY the ELECTORATE they didn't vote you in.

If your party do get re-elected it will not be because of your leadership.

"ONLY money will return you in office."

Without a doubt, there will be more than enough money floating about for her and the PTP....