DSI to freeze bank accounts of Suthep and 16 other protest leaders

webfact

If it's not too much to ask! could they also trace back and freeze the accounts of the one who paid for the Bangkok riots in 2010,and who paid out the cash that financed the 3 month ransom and burning of Bangkok! among other places in Thailand?

I hope you are not like one of the idiotic Red eyed mob on here who ask for a link when one says something because I do go and get them (but for this one I cannot be bothered), but then one asks them the same and they can not provide one, but in other threads carry on making the same demands.

But that aside from my memory and having followed the events very closely yes the Abhisit government did look to freeze the accounts of the Red and Black terrorists and arsonists backers, real and suspected. But that would not have made an iota of difference as Thaksin for example already had vast amounts of cash safely out of the country.

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not too much to ask! could they also trace back and freeze the accounts of the one who paid for the Bangkok riots in 2010,and who paid out the cash that financed the 3 month ransom and burning of Bangkok! among other places in Thailand?

I hope you are not like one of the idiotic Red eyed mob on here who ask for a link when one says something because I do go and get them (but for this one I cannot be bothered), but then one asks them the same and they can not provide one, but in other threads carry on making the same demands.

But that aside from my memory and having followed the events very closely yes the Abhisit government did look to freeze the accounts of the Red and Black terrorists and arsonists backers, real and suspected. But that would not have made an iota of difference as Thaksin for example already had vast amounts of cash safely out of the country.

You miss the point old chap it's the DSI who is doing the freezing of accounts of Suthep and 16 others,when at the unfolding of the unrest in Bangkok 2010 for 3 months,which was being paid for,by a source controlling events,who was not even in the Country.And it wasn't about your statement "Thaksin for example already had vast amounts of cash safely out of the country" It was in fact the amount of money coming back into Thailand that was used to finance the overthrow of a Democratic Government, (The Democrats) as well you know!

Which you also Know the DSI did nothing to control the inflow of funds, for purposes of illegal activities of Arson,violence, and insurrection! designed to bring down the Government! which in this instance they now see fit to Freeze Bank accounts. But in 2010 it would seem the DSI did not think freezing Bank accounts was necessary!

Edited by MAJIC

You miss the point old chap it's the DSI who is doing the freezing of accounts of Suthep and 16 others,when at the unfolding of the unrest in Bangkok 2010 for 3 months,which was being paid for,by a source controlling events,who was not even in the Country.And it wasn't about your statement "Thaksin for example already had vast amounts of cash safely out of the country" It was in fact the amount of money coming back into Thailand that was used to finance the overthrow of a Democratic Government, (The Democrats) as well you know!

Which you also Know the DSI did nothing to control the inflow of funds, for purposes of illegal activities of Arson,violence, and insurrection! designed to bring down the Government! which in this instance they now see fit to Freeze Bank accounts. But in 2010 it would seem the DSI did not think freezing Bank accounts was necessary!

Maybe they have gone through reforms since ? it is the fashion these days apparently whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak

Again, love the warning. Their accounts will be empty by sunrise if not already.

I bet they won't

You believe that after such a warning that those in the cross hairs are going to sit by and let their money be frozen? If they had time, and maybe they still do, that money will be moved. Hence the warning.

For whatever reason, the police here always warn criminals of their next move. It's then up to the criminal to decide if they are bluffing or not.

From a legal point of view, highly questionable.
Usually there is a complaint and a Prosecutor's assigns investigations.
An executive body (Police) then determines.
It comes at a due process in court.
The court shall issue a judgment.
But in this Case the DSI acts like investigators and judges in one body.
This kind of police behaviour reminiscent of dark periods in Germany.

This could be actually uncinstitutional as well.

Looks like they have bypassed the ministry of justice on this one and taken their orders directly from Dubai.

I hope the Dems throw the DSI to the NACC and the constitutional court.

The NACC is a bunch of scholars sitting around a conference table, they can't touch the DSI.

The police and DSI work for 1 family and THAT'S what's destroying Thailand.

ahh yes thats right one family is all the problems.Good old free thinking light of democratic Thailand. Never had a problem before the T came along xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic.vG7ALsuRa-.webp ...

PS it wont be destroyed itll just meander about as its always done, slightly goofy, very corrupt and still very very popular with people that like things ... a little different

Are you saying that the DSI and Police don't work for 1 family?

Actually yes, the niavety of people that think its that simple or even true dosnt even make debating with worthwhile.

Every time i hear this stupid claim everythings being run from outside I just think yea right there goes another wishful thinking, pass the blame sheep.

Thinking a guy in an office in Dubai is running the whole show in Thailand for years when there are FAR FAR more powerful families in country pulling the strings is....... well ....REALLY REALLY DUMB.

Agreed, they took half of MR T's wealth several years ago, living in dubai for his lifestyle is very expensive I dobt if he has the capital to supply as much funds as the Dems, there side has much more combined wealth to battle him. I would love to see them come up with some proof to there claims, phone rcords, emails, skype conversations on how he is controling the country from outside. This is just politics 101, tell a lie often enough and people will believe.

POLITICS
DSI to freeze accounts PDRC leaders

The Nation

Tarit will summon 18 PDRC leaders for questioning, warns donors against providing financial support to anti-govt protesters

BANGKOK: -- THE DEPARTMENT of Special Investigation (DSI) announced yesterday that it would freeze the bank accounts of 18 leaders of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee. It has also issued summonses to them to acknowledge sedition charges, issued with court approval.

The summonses will be issued today to the 17 leaders, including PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban, to report to the DSI on December 26 and 27.

The DSI also will freeze the two bank accounts the PDRC set up to receive contributions from supporters. "All the accounts will be frozen indefinitely until cases against the core leaders are complete," DSI director general Tarit Pengdith said at a press conference.

An arrest warrant has also been issued for Suthep on charges of sedition.

Of the 17 other core leaders, eight |are former Democrat MPs, namely Satit Wongnongtaey, Chumphol Julsai, Buddhipongse Punakanta, Akanat Promphan, Issara Somchai, Thaworn Senniam, Witthaya Kaewparadai and Nataphol Teepsuwan. The other leaders facing summonses are Ancharee Paireerak, Nitithorn Lamlua, Uthai Yordmanee, Samdin Lertbutr, retired Army General Preechai Iamsupan, Somkiat Pongpaiboon, Yossak Kosaiyakanont, Pol Lt-Colonel Supawat Supiyapanich and Somboon Thongburan.

In addition, Tarit has warned people providing financial and logistical support for the PDRC rallies against assisting the movement, especially registered businesses that have been funding the rallies and bus-owners who have been transporting PDRC supporters and supplies.

"The DSI is screening the facts to see if the buses are actually chartered or if the owners have been doing it as part of a [seditious] cause. We have details about all vehicles taking part in the rallies," he added.

Transaction details sought

Tarit went on to say that all bank accounts held by the 18 leaders would be frozen and the banks would be asked to hand over all transaction details over the past six months to the DSI. He added that his agency had done the same to some 300 core leaders of the red-shirt movement while it was staging rallies in Bangkok two years ago.

"Once the transaction details have been inspected, we will know how the money was donated and spent on rallies and activities. I would like to warn financiers or supporters against continuing to give their assistance or face the risk of being charged with aiding and abetting crimes," he said.

When asked about the possible detention of Suthep, who faces an arrest warrant over sedition charges, Tarit said the DSI saw no reason to rush for the arrest as it was difficult to act on it right away. Besides, he added, the statute of limitations for sedition was 20 years.

Tarit also issued a warning to those delivering speeches on stage at rally sites, saying they too might be summoned for questioning.

As for the anti-government protesters surrounding the DSI headquarters on |the two days, the PDRC leaders have |been summoned. Tarit said all inci-|dents would be recorded. Also, he said, |if the leaders decide not to show up, they had better have good reason for their absence.

Fewer than six representatives from foreign embassies, excluding the US and the UK, in Bangkok attended a tour of protest sites offered by the PDRC yesterday.

Suthep, who is wanted for his role in leading the ongoing anti-government rallies as well as leading seditious activities and illegally entering several government properties, announced last night that he was launching massive street marches in a move to force caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to step down. He said he would lead a street march today and tomorrow, as well as a massive march on Sunday.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-19

Was Arisman's bank account frozen after he threatened to burn down Bangkok ??? I am going out on a limb

and guess it was not.... The double standards being applied here are becoming simply unbelievable...

Yes, I agree. But, the longer I've lived in Thailand, the more I understand what to expect. Thailand is far and away a feudal state - different only in facade. We are witnessing the tribal culture at its fullest. Very interesting stuff.

Wonder if he is also going to be asking who funded the reds to go to BKK ?

Who provided the hundred buses that we were told would be going from Udon ?

Who paid for the rent of the stadium ?

Who paid the however much everyone was paid to be there ?

Will he also freeze there bank accounts ?

OH no, that wont work it was PT who paid with the tax payers money.

• Like 1

Where does DSi get it's mandate, power with out due process or court orders.

It seems someone with some leagel knowledge should be involved in the decisions, mandated.

Are they leagle or is it just BS. what is the scope of thier power, or is it fear thay the use for control.

The FBI agents must all be lawyers and must have pased the bar exam, than on to FBI Training.

What are the qualifications of the DSI personel and who do they report to, who are they responsible to?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Next time Tida arranges a convoy of buses from isaan to bangkok, I am sure Tarit/DSI will freeze the bank accounts of all the vehicle owners and summon them for questioning :-)

Besides, is there a law that forbids financial support to protesters and rallies, or is the DSI making up laws as they go?

• Like 1

To get a 'clearer' picture how the Thaksin-Regime actually works ?

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/03/338078/thai-regime-not-democratically-elected/

a "must-read" for good men !

coffee1.gif

Interesting read, it's written in typical conspiracy theory style with verifiable facts paired with unverifiable conclusions, but having noted the misleading pro-Thaksin information purported by the foreign media, I wouldn't be all that surprised if much of it turns out to be true.

The extent of Tarit's bias is sufficient for him to be removed from his post.

Has he put forward any plans to freeze the bank accounts of those who called for, and paid for, the counter protests by the Red Shirts...?

What a total, utter <deleted>...!!

Was Arisman's bank account frozen after he threatened to burn down Bangkok ??? I am going out on a limb

and guess it was not.... The double standards being applied here are becoming simply unbelievable...

Point of fact, the DSI froze a LOT of accounts during the 2010 protests to try and stop financing of the protests... several protest leaders and PTP executives close to the big T had their accounts frozen - and that was long before any buildings burned down. Also the whole drama around Thaksin's frozen assets played out around the same time.

Also, contrary to Suthep, they did make an actual attempt to arrest Arisman during the protests (didn't wait until he was no longer busy). That led to a hilarious scene where he clumsily rappelled his way out of a Bangkok hotel.

Rather like their going from door to door checking on farangs to check their passports in the recently much trumpeted 'DSI going down to clean up Phuket'. Bugger all else happened. Chilling.

Edited by jpeg

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/03/338078/thai-regime-not-democratically-elected/

coffee1.gif

Interesting read, it's written in typical conspiracy theory style with verifiable facts paired with unverifiable conclusions, but having noted the misleading pro-Thaksin information purported by the foreign media, I wouldn't be all that surprised if much of it turns out to be true.

I stopped reading at the point where they described him using a dozen cellphones - why would he need more than one? I mean, I have no doubt that Thaksin is every bit as bad as they say, but if the writer needs to make up stuff like that it casts in doubt the credibility of the whole article.

I think it's more a case of abuse of language than lack of due legal process.

When they report "the DSI froze xx's bank account" it actually means "the DSI got a warrant from a judge to freeze his account". It simply wouldn't be possible otherwise.

Edited by Zolt

What a joke. I'm sure Suthep has all his money in his local Bangkok Bank branch. Everyone knows Singha and other establishment companies are funding Suthep. Why not call them to account?

Suthep i s no worse or no better than Thaksin,very wealthy men and very corrupt too.Will be very intersting to see how much he has paid the anti government protestors

800b for BKK protesters from BKK.

2000b for BKK protesters coming in from outside BKK.

Rate per day.

Sounds like it is now time to march on the DSI headquarters again. This time occupy it and shut it down completely until the protests are over. If this is what Tarit is doing, mass abuse of power and basically making all protests illegal is unconstitutional, so he should be indicted immediately.

None of the leaders should turn up to hear these charges. They should all just ignore it in a mass stance against the DSI and refuse to recognize the department in a combined protest citing that it will not recognize a government department that is performing 'abuse of power' and instead register a mass petition signed by the protesters and filed with the NACC.

Edited by Nibbles48
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif

I stopped reading at the point where they described him using a dozen cellphones - why would he need more than one? I mean, I have no doubt that Thaksin is every bit as bad as they say, but if the writer needs to make up stuff like that it casts in doubt the credibility of the whole article.

He pulled that paragraph from here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/world/asia/thaksin-shinawatra-of-thailand-wields-influence-from-afar.html

What a joke. I'm sure Suthep has all his money in his local Bangkok Bank branch. Everyone knows Singha and other establishment companies are funding Suthep. Why not call them to account?

Suthep i s no worse or no better than Thaksin,very wealthy men and very corrupt too.Will be very intersting to see how much he has paid the anti government protestors

Thank you for your senseless drivelling mr. red shirt.

Unlike the red rent a thugs, the anti government protestors are not being paid. They came out for a cause, a righteous good cause that should be applauded. Thaksin and cronies have pillaged the country and nearly destroyed it, we are near the tipping point looking into the abyss. The tax coffers are exhausted, the rice farmers can't be paid as the MP's have pocketed too much and are unwilling to give it back to fix the problem...

• Like 1

800b for BKK protesters from BKK.

2000b for BKK protesters coming in from outside BKK.

Rate per day.

You sir are absolutely full of crap they are being paid nothing.

I know this for a fact for my MRs was there for 20 days using her own savings, her friends who were also there have been paid nothing.

They paid their own way to get there and she and a friend will be going back Saturday because they know the country needs urgent change before it becomes unlivable for ordinary people.

She has no love for Suthep and no hate of Thaksin but she has watched the corrupt and self serving antics of the PT excuse for a government and now wants to be there helping in any way she can to expedite the changes needed to get the country back to a place she can be proud of.

• Like 2