Tattoos - love them or hate them?

scubascuba3

Each to their own I guess. Some tattoos look great, others look utterly horrific, be it on a man or a woman. I used to work with a woman (in her 40's) who had Tweetie Pie tattooed on her forearm - it looked terrible.

However, some look great.

What do you think about the UK popstar Cheryl Cole's bum tattoo?

Cheryl-Coles-latest-tattoo-2217915.jpg

That's not fair show a picture of a huge tramp stamp on a huge tramp wink.png

Beautiful tattoo on a beautiful woman.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Very popular thing to get done it seems while your on your 10 night, 4 star hotel, all inclusive Phuket holiday package.

... When I came to LOS I got my first tattoo which in a small way incorporated my Mrs name. ...

So... how was Phuket then?

Edited by NanLaew

Got to laugh at all the wrinkly old farts on here moaning about how the tattoos will look in 20 or 30 years time - YOU WONT BE AROUND TO SEE IT!!

1472956_529232697172189_1697767340_n.jpg

That is impressive ... and I can see the artistic attraction.

I have an open mind.

If I there was love involved, I wouldn't walk away ... though, not a natural choice for me.

PS ... is there a flip side ... rolleyes.gif

Edited by David48

Got to laugh at all the wrinkly old farts on here moaning about how the tattoos will look in 20 or 30 years time - YOU WONT BE AROUND TO SEE IT!!

That is impressive ... and I can see the artistic attraction.

I have an open mind.

If I there was love involved, I wouldn't walk away ... though, not a natural choice for me.

PS ... is there a flip side ... rolleyes.gif

Well that's just the thing aint it, if you saw this girl face to face, no visible tattoos and a perfect conversationalist, would you kick her out of bed because she chooses to use her nice back as a canvas for her art and self expression?

Art galleries are full of crap - literally, pandered as "art", i just don't get the phobia expressed by some people against people with tattoos, i am a major employer in Thailand and i can assure you all, tats or no tats have absolutely no bearing on my selection criteria, i would rater employ an individual who has an artistic and expressionist side than some others who are all yes sir no sir for the sake of getting a job, this is 2013, we are not all straight pressed trousers and starched shirts these days, we are normal real people.

Well, most here know that MissFarmGirl is my partner (and we are expecting TWINS soon) and love is, well, what it is. All things being equal, if that (above) was tattooed on her back, it wouldn't change my mind. I'd want to know why she did it, understand the justification ... but it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

OH, BTW ... MissFarmGirl has no tats.

She has 2 sisters ... one with the tattoos I trust with most things

318a5666fce11209ce3954b66fe09c89.jpg

Bit like the one above.

The other sister ... I wouldn't trust as far as I could kick her with a broken leg ... and she has no tats.

Had to laugh with your comment ... "Got to laugh at all the wrinkly old farts on here moaning about how the tattoos will look in 20 or 30 years time - YOU WONT BE AROUND TO SEE IT!!" ... heck, unless I get wiped out by a car ... I hope I am!

• Like 1

A tattoo is just a permanent expression of ''something'' . I can see no difference between folk plastering make-up on ever day to look different and the same every day. I can see no difference with folk dying their hair to change ''something'' , folk injecting themselves with botox, face lifts, the list could go on, the only difference to me is permanence. thumbsup.gif

Of course there are extremes with tattoos which do look daft, myself with a single one can only be seen by Mrs.Trans. giggle.gif

How old were you when you got it done?

Tatoos are usually what foolish youngsters get and then when they wisen up they regret it.

As for local women with them, it a sign saying I used to work ain Pattaya as hairdresser.

I was 57 and still rocking..............intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi (not in a chair) laugh.png

I'm glad I found this thread late, saved me the aggravation of responding to such jerks individually. I don't have many tattoos, but do have a large back piece that most remark is exquisitely done (yes my entire back).

Looking on the bright side, though, turns out my tattoo also acts as repellent for self righteous, whiny westerners. passifier.gif

That's a win!

Mate, you know ... if you had a tattoo, if you didn't, if you wore a wife beater ... if you didn't, if you wore sunglasses inside TESCO (at night) ... or didn't ... I'd make my valued judgement on who you are and what you stood for ... not what you looked like.

I look for things that unite us ... not what separate us.

Mind you, if you were drinking Archer Beer (is that the correct spelling?) and offered me one ... I'd politely decline and look longfully towards the fridge and hope that ANY other beer choice was there ... drunk.gif

• Like 1

Something interesting about the attached tattoo, is that while yes it has religious origins, it has also become a fashion tattoo - as much in Thailand as amongst foreigners who have it inked into them.

Ten or so years ago these tattoos where rarely seen, more common on working class Thai males. I don't ever recall seeing a Thai woman with one of these tattoos until perhaps 7 or 8 years ago. Then within a very short time they became common.

This at a time when the Thai temples are telling us young people are no longer going into the temple in anywhere near the numbers they where a decade ago.

post-7176-0-21719400-1387605999_thumb.jp

Bit like the one above.

The other sister ... I wouldn't trust as far as I could kick her with a broken leg ... and she has no tats.

That's a hooker magic tattoo.

Supposed to make men lose control of their wallets, only works if tattoo artist is Lanna magician.

Costs 25k-50k from a prominent magician in CM. Most of the girls just get cheap fakes.

Edited by FiftyTwo

Bit like the one above.

Supposed to make men lose control of their wallets, only works if tattoo artist is Lanna magician.

Costs 25k-50k from a prominent magician in CM. Most of the girls just get cheap fakes.

I got a cheap fake Tattoo.....sad.png ................laugh.png

Bit like the one above.

I think the sofa looks nice.
  • Like 1

She would look much better WITHOUT the tattoo.

I really like this tattoo, but certain bedroom gymnastics might be a little unsettling, particularly seeing how the lady is squeezing those fruits !

I do think it's art in most cases, but with your precious blank canvas make sure you get it done properly first time around. Miami ink and LA ink are great shows and no doubt prove there is some real talent out there. Respect.

Up to each individual if they get a tattoo or not. Personally I don't like them especially on girls.

I've always wondered -

(1) If Westerners get something in Chinese or Japanese script tattooed on their body does it follow that the Chinese and Japanese get English script tattooed on their body? Or Ying and Yang becomes beer and chips?

(2) if people wear earrings to be trendy and different from the crowd what happens when 90% of the people have earrings - are they now just part of the crowd?

(3) If people get tattoos to be an individual and stand out from the rest - what happens when 90% of people have tattoos - you're just one of the crowd again.

There seems to be a current trend for many young people to wear big circular rings in their ear lobe with no centre. Just as you see the African tribesmen have.. So in 20 years are we going to have all these middle aged people with ridiculous holes in their ear lobes?

As for all the old women who's tatts have sagged badly - who cares - it's like Siberia - everyone knows where it is but no one wants to go there.

Edited by johnnycthedog

After years of careful consideration, I got my first tat at 30 years old. No regrets. Have had many since, the most recent last week at Wat Bang Phra. The missus insisted, as she believes the tattoo I was assigned by the monk would enhance my prospects for a new job contract. I was happy to go along as I had always wanted to have a traditional Thai tattoo. All my tattoos are for my own benefit and enjoyment. None are visible unless I am at the beach or local pool. Personal choice, mine to have em, yours to not have em.

How will they look when I'm old? Who cares I'll be old! And if I gave a damn about what other people think, I wouldn't have got them in the first place. Tats were still frowned upon when I was young. Judgeing anyone on looks alone is just pissweak...get a life.

• Like 2

Personally i love them, it is up to the individual - it's their skin.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

Thank You

I looked at this site to see the photos and the artwork, as a photograper i can say to an extant

that (i have seen it all) believe me sometimes i wish i haven't seen as much as i have BUT

in my case i worked as a manager in my younger days in a 1 hour photo shop (a long time ago)

there i got to see everything but what i still remember after all these years was to see a couple in their 70's maybe covered in tattoos and let me tell you it was not a pretty sight, let me tell everyone who wants to get a tattoo done, first look at the site

above then imagine the beautiful 20 year olds in 50 years time. YA CAN'T GET RID OF THEM....... that's the problem, todays fashion is tomorrows nightmare, ha ha just thought, get your girl to tatoo your name on her body,, put her to the test and see if she agrees, or would her body cope with all the names she would put on it in reality ????

YA CAN'T GET RID OF THEM........that's the problem, today's fashion is tomorrows nightmare???

Getting a tattoo with the belief you can get rid of it later is as ridiculous as trying to get a bull pregnant with a coloured pencil. Sure there is a percentage of people that will regret getting one when their older, but then they would be in the Fashion Victim category. Getting a tattoo because it's fashionable shows a lack of appreciation of the permanency of the ink and a serve yourself right attitude is something they will have to live with along with the tattoo itself in later years. Getting tattooed has nothing to do with being on the cover of Vogue magazine but if you think it does, then you're the type of individual that a fashion label and marketing executive rely on and target to make money. Similar to someone that is impressionable and likes to be seen in a Polo shirt label because it gives him status. Why else do people need to be seen wearing a label? That to me is an individual who needs assistance. The shirt is at best $3.00 to manufacture by someone who earns $12.00 a day and you buy it at $90.00 because it's "labelled". Tattoos should never be associated with fashion. Trends come and go but as you say, "YA CAN'T GET RID OF THEM". As for a girlfriends name on your body. Those of us who have ink appreciate that that in itself is pretty dumb.

As Woopi Goldberg says " If you don't agree with gay marriage, then don't enter into one". The same can be said for tattoos. If you don't like them, don't get one.