Tattoos - love them or hate them?

scubascuba3

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you OP?

Because if as you said you "hate tattoos" (your words) you are in danger to make a heart attack sooner than you should (or not) do, why ?

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"

those were the words of the lord Buddha, of course you have no "real anger" towards tattooed men, at least I hope for you...but it's the beginning, I hate this I hate that, your subconscious mind register, some heart attack and strokes are due "also" to the way of thinking, you do not like tattoos, no problem up to you we are not all of us dressed in Mao suit, but hating them ?rolleyes.gif Of course on TV you are alone for they are many haters of... anythings sad.png

I have been living 8 years on a boat (mine) one day making a regatta I was caught in a storm but I did not want to reduce the sail so the boom was broken because of my stubbornness, I don't know how I managed anyhow to return to port safely . Later I made this Tattoo Wise men do not fear the sea...they respect it.

Tattoos sometimes are linked to someone private life but some people had so dull lives I guess they wont tattooed a pencil a calculator or an alarm clock on their shoulder biggrin.png

post-154100-0-58229600-1387688780_thumb.

How old are you OP?

Because if as you said you "hate tattoos" (your words) you are in danger to make a heart attack sooner than you should (or not) do, why ?

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"

those were the words of the lord Buddha, of course you have no "real anger" towards tattooed men, at least I hope for you...but it's the beginning, I hate this I hate that, your subconscious mind register, some heart attack and strokes are due "also" to the way of thinking, you do not like tattoos, no problem up to you we are not all of us dressed in Mao suit, but hating them ?rolleyes.gif Of course on TV you are alone for they are many haters of... anythings sad.png

I have been living 8 years on a boat (mine) one day making a regatta I was caught in a storm but I did not want to reduce the sail so the boom was broken because of my stubbornness, I don't know how I managed anyhow to return to port safely . Later I made this Tattoo Wise men do not fear the sea...they respect it.

Tattoos sometimes are linked to someone private life but some people had so dull lives I guess they wont tattooed a pencil a calculator or an alarm clock on their shoulder biggrin.png

the sea tatoo.jpeg

OK Hate is a strong word, is dislike OK? :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Got to laugh at all the wrinkly old farts on here moaning about how the tattoos will look in 20 or 30 years time - YOU WONT BE AROUND TO SEE IT!!

1472956_529232697172189_1697767340_n.jpg

That is impressive ... and I can see the artistic attraction.

I have an open mind.

If I there was love involved, I wouldn't walk away ... though, not a natural choice for me.

PS ... is there a flip side ... rolleyes.gif

Well that's just the thing aint it, if you saw this girl face to face, no visible tattoos and a perfect conversationalist, would you kick her out of bed because she chooses to use her nice back as a canvas for her art and self expression?

Art galleries are full of crap - literally, pandered as "art", i just don't get the phobia expressed by some people against people with tattoos, i am a major employer in Thailand and i can assure you all, tats or no tats have absolutely no bearing on my selection criteria, i would rater employ an individual who has an artistic and expressionist side than some others who are all yes sir no sir for the sake of getting a job, this is 2013, we are not all straight pressed trousers and starched shirts these days, we are normal real people.

we are not all straight pressed trousers and starched shirts these days, we are normal real people.

Difficult for some old farts (sorry) to make an effort trying understand that biggrin.png

I was talking with a young waitress (24) the other week. This was in a Thai outdoor pub, not a bar or go go or like that,

nowhere near a tourist area.

She had a tattoo on the back of her right shoulder, some sanskrit (same as Angelina Jolie, she said), and

a barcode on the back of her neck (that made for a good joke by the way).

I asked if she had any more tattoos.

She said she has one on her lower back. Not visible at that moment. Blame that on that cold spell.

Any more I then asked.

She said she has one on her lower front.

I said I wanted to see both, she said we would have to be alone for that, jokingly of course,

with the prettiest smile and sparkling eyes..........I loved tattoos for that moment.

How old are you OP?

the sea tatoo.jpeg

OK Hate is a strong word, is dislike OK? :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nevertheless, what you have said has now been said and it will be useful and have an effect. closedeyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.9v32nXk90q.g

• 3 weeks later...

Personally i love them, it is up to the individual - it's their skin.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

I just cannot see what mentality some people have that makes them want to permanently disfigure themselves. But as you rightfully say, it's their skin. Has nobody noticed that it's mostly ugly guys who have tattoos, and also facial hair?

Haha this comment was funny. I love it being a full bearded fellow full of Tatts! Here is a picture of my Tatt. Signed the bearded old ugly guy!

post-145084-0-63323800-1389496855_thumb.

• Like 1

Personally i love them, it is up to the individual - it's their skin.

A look here might change some peoples blinkered vision. http://www.inkedandsexy.com/blogs/news

I just cannot see what mentality some people have that makes them want to permanently disfigure themselves. But as you rightfully say, it's their skin. Has nobody noticed that it's mostly ugly guys who have tattoos, and also facial hair?

Haha this comment was funny. I love it being a full bearded fellow full of Tatts! Here is a picture of my Tatt. Signed the bearded old ugly guy!

Well I guess we can't all be handsome like me.

I don't have any as of yet, I have one drawn out and I know an amazing artist here in CM who can do it. I just started dating a girl who has two, the first girlfriend in my life to have them. But I like tattoos on girls, as long as they are quality. Though she no longer likes her upper back tattoo as she got it when she was younger and says it has no meaning other than it was pretty. She would like to have a piece done over it, one that has more meaning for her.

• 1 month later...

Hate them.....Have never met a really smart man or woman who was covered in tattoos.

Just a simple observation on my part.  :-)   And yes if I am in a gogo bar, my desire to 

go with a girl with tattoos all over her is pretty limited. Recently saw a girl I liked, who just 

started working in a gogo bar. She had a huge tattoo on her back just above her a$$.

It was the month and day written out in English, and a giant 1985 below it.  Was too early

of a date for her, maybe it was her boyfriend's birthday.......  Epic fail...

Hate them.....Have never met a really smart man or woman who was covered in tattoos.

Just a simple observation on my part.  :-)   And yes if I am in a gogo bar, my desire to 

go with a girl with tattoos all over her is pretty limited. Recently saw a girl I liked, who just 

started working in a gogo bar. She had a huge tattoo on her back just above her a$$.

It was the month and day written out in English, and a giant 1985 below it.  Was too early

probably her first kids birthday since she started working at the bar........

Hi I am Scott. Now you have met someone who is smart who has lots of Tattoos.

I like them if they are small not big graffiti as you can see on many Thais back.

I guess when anybody is getting older the tattoo is ugly and crap.

Either of my friend-girl put to her belly a nice small fish but when she was pregnant this fish has become a big whale-shark cheesy.gif .

• Like 2

Why is it tattoo's and intelligence are linked? Does it hark back to the days when tattoo's were deemed fit only for sailors and criminals? And what a western notion! Does that mean that Maori's, Native American Indians etc are all stupid? What if you are really clever but your culture demands inking?

Those days are long gone eyeswideopen. I have a masters and a postgrad diploma and loads of tattoo's. Stupid? I think not

All the Military men in my family had at least one when i was a kid in the 50's and most family men were, or had been in the Military where i understand it was very popular particularly between the wars.  By the 60's/70's we had the 'Love' and or 'hate' thing across fingers and various even written across forrid's, which never appealed to me.  Today i see many Footballers with all sorts of stuff on arms etc and a few expats around Chiang Mai with assorted stuff which is ok by me as it's none of my business what people want to do with their body's.  Live and let live.

Ask a Holocaust survivor what he/she thinks of tattoos. -theMagician

Why? When I have my tattoos done, the last thing on my mind is whether or not it's approved by a holocaust survivor, or anyone for that matter..

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

overall, i like them.

depends on the tattoo though. not a fan of tramp stamps or small ugly tats above the breasts of a chick.

love the sak yants and back tats though. also like a really nice quality tattoo or artwork.