Tattoos - love them or hate them?

scubascuba3

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am involved in the Sak Yant tattoo business which is booming now. Due to Anjelina Jolie and Muay Thai, Sak Yant is very popular worldwide. They are not done for aesthetic reasons, and are done with Bamboo!!!

This one is a dragon

I'm glad I found this thread late, saved me the aggravation of responding to such jerks individually.  I don't have many tattoos, but do have a large back piece that most remark is exquisitely done (yes my entire back).  

Looking on the bright side, though, turns out my tattoo also acts as repellent for self righteous, whiny westerners. passifier.gif  

That's a win! 

Mate, you know ... if you had a tattoo, if you didn't, if you wore a wife beater ... if you didn't, if you wore sunglasses inside TESCO (at night) ... or didn't ... I'd make my valued judgement on who you are and what you stood for ... not what you looked like.

I look for things that unite us ... not what separate us.

Mind you, if you were drinking Archer Beer (is that the correct spelling?) and offered me one ... I'd politely decline and look longfully towards the fridge and hope that ANY other beer choice was there ...  drunk.gif

With the obvious exception of Leo!!!!!

Ask a Holocaust survivor what he/she thinks of tattoos. -theMagician

That is an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Numbers were tattoo'd on people's arms, by the Nazi pigs, at concentration camps.

The tattoo's that people have today bear no significance to those.

The tattoo's of today are not inflicted against their will by pond life.

I am involved in the Sak Yant tattoo business which is booming now. Due to Anjelina Jolie and Muay Thai, Sak Yant is very popular worldwide. They are not done for aesthetic reasons, and are done with Bamboo!!!

This one is a dragon

Business? Isn't Sak Yant meant to be free and done at a temple to be legitimate?

lol.

• 5 months later...

Many years ago when single-- whenever I would go out, I would always look for a woman who has a tattoo.

I see a woman with a tattoo and I think "here's a bird who's capable of making a decision she'll regret in the future.".................................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

I have "collected" 3 Tattoo's over the years but was very clear that none could be seen when wearing short sleeved Polo or anything like that.

I do despair of these full lower arms tattoo's where it just seems to be a mish mash of Colour.

No doubt others will disagree

In general, I love tattoos. However, I have 11 and hate half of them...drunk, walking past a tattoo place with money in my pocket..regret the next morning haha oh well, it's done now smile.png

Love tattoos on girls, but not Thai girls...even if they look great, to me it means they probably have history.. a complete generalisation but there you go.

... have just realised I half of 11 is 5.5... so half of one is great! :)

Edited by Jay1

well, people with tattoo might have a biased answer on this topic :P

but hey, I have had 16 tattoos done over the years.. last one done about 3 or 4 years ago

before anyone asks. I am 31.. athletic and not hairy.. or bald (yet!)

anyways, maybe I have read too many topics on TV and the internet over the years and but.. tattoos on Thai women? makes me a little weary of them.

living in a place where most people are mostly Thai (very little english)..any women who isn't shy or speaks good english here makes me feel like that. :P

on the flip side, most people think I am into heavy drugs, smoking, drinking, bars and whatnot.. so I get judged too.

but.. it couldn't be further from the truth, never smoked, never did any drugs.. the 4th and last time I drank was 13 years ago and I don't do bars.

here's a humorous answer for people asking about how they are going to look with tattoos when old

what-are-you-going-to-do-about-your-tatt

• Like 1

By the 60's/70's we had the 'Love' and or 'hate' thing across fingers

That one usually means that the person has served time in prison.

I once knew a British guy we called "Big Dave" who had these on his hands/knuckles.

He latterly had to duck his head to enter a normal size door because he was so tall.

I believe hate was his right hand, and love was his left hand.

The rumor was he had to leave England for "health" reasons for putting some guy in the hospital.

He was supposed to have been a bouncer in a strip club somewhere in England. Not sure if that was true or not.

But, d-mn he was big.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I just got my first tattoo (in Thailand, no less) a few months ago and I'm 39.  It's tasteful, means a lot to me and is hidden by my shirt unless I wear a tank top or swimsuit.  I'm not the kind that would ever get "sleeves" and I'd certainly never get a tramp stamp, but I don't think you should judge a girl by her taste in body art, either.  To each their own.

• Like 1

My ex-girlfriend had a tattoo of a sea shell on her inner thigh.-------------If you put your ear to it,       I swear you could smell the ocean...................coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Yeah tattooed ladies are just horrible!! - NOT!

1521320_528000607295398_1846929613_n.jpg

Well illustrated and well said unfortunately mate you are on TV where generalisations, stereotyping, and a fair amount of unmitigated prejudice run rampant. Nearly every moronic post on here is a "what do you think good or bad?" like there is no middle ground or grey area the site should be called ThaiBitcher because the majority will love hanging labels on you here. Seems some overwhelming need to classify or put people in a little box exists on here. Now OP get back under your bridge coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Without the tattooes and horrible hair, she would probably look good

yeah I am sure you would knock her back mate, way below what I am sure are your world class standards in the women you pull. I imagine that if somehow you could lower yourself enough to give her a run you would kick her out of bed for farting as well....whistling.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah tattooed ladies are just horrible!! - NOT!

x1521320_528000607295398_1846929613_n.jp

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

That's nice if you like possibly enhanced, body pierced, overly made up, horrible haired, tatoo'd trashy looking ladies......nothing low maintainence there......miss trailer park runner up......

I never really understood why thai gals who I think overall have some of the most beautiful skin of any females would ever mar it with a tattoo....of course I never much cared for fake boobs either but that is another topic I suppose....and in the end I am  sure most could not care less what I think.

I can tolerate anyone with religious tattoos but still I don't like them. As for anyone else using their body as an easel, I find it disgusting and tasteless even if the tattoo is beautiful I prefer to see it on canvas than skin. No matter what country they are from or what gender they are, I tend not to associate with people that have Tattoos. Not that is the reason why I don't spend time with them. I just often find the people that I have the most in common with and enjoy being with don't have them.

"Tattoo on a girl = tramp stamp." but on a guy it is ok? I guess you know that you are narrow minded and sexist.

Yes, especially the tribal bands. So, what tribe do you belong to? Were you born into that tribe, or is it an adopted tribe? What is your rank within the tribe? Do you speak the local language? Does the tribe even know you are a member? Have you ever met the tribe?

Spidermike
Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I have been in the process of removing some Tattoo's I made on my hands and arm about 32 years ago.

Pretty ugly things and no good professionally speaking.

One was the name of an old girlfriend, which isn't so nice when you are married to someone else.

Anyway, big Laser machine which resembles a 400 Amp MIG Welding Machine has done the trick, but it isn't cheap and is certainly more painful than having them.