The thai girl Im seeing at the moment sometimes calls me 'daddy'

advancebooking

My wife is 36 and I am 55. We met 10 years ago when I looked even younger and had a good head of hair but from the outset she would call me daddy and dad.

At first I was a bit perplexed at this and even a friend of here used to mock her a bit for calling me "daddy" but it didn't stop her.

Now we have kids and she every day refers to me as "daddy" and I to her as "mummy" in front of the kids as its a reference that they understand.

The way that I originally interpreted it was that in Thailand "Por" or "dad" is a term of reverence and respect for older men that have a lead role in the family so I took it as a term of respect.

She also calls me "darling", "honey", "my sweetheart" "tee rak" so I think it's all pretty well balanced and not in any way weird.

Maybe she subconsciously went for an older guy to emulate her mother's happy marriage to her (my wife's) dad who strangely is also 19 years her senior just as I am.

I wouldn't worry about it as being anything but a term of endearment and just enjoy her affections without worrying unnecessarily.

When I met my girlfriend I soon started calling her 'darling', and she responded by calling me 'darling also. But pretty soon the family and then friends started calling me 'darling' and it became my name or nickname. She, being the only one who realises the implication of calling someone 'darling' now hates hearing other females call me it, and I don't like it much either, especially by males. So now we have stopped using it between ourselves, which is a pity, in the hope it will fade away.

Other males call you darling?

So we have those who fancy themselves comedians, those who clearly havent a clue, and a few people who actually know enough about Thailand to give intelligent replies. I suppose four pages shouldnt be a surprise with the interaction of three such disparate groups.xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic.vG7ALsuRa-.webp

You should be alarmed if she calls you daddy. That means that she's not thinking of you as her partner, but as ...well, her daddy.

Don't be surprised if one day she comes home and introduces you to her boyfriend.

"Comedian group" ... right?

Two things to clarify before this general topic proceeds:

1. Im am not a 60 yr old guy with a 20 yr old girl.

2. She is not calling me that when we are bed- that would be weird.

I am in my early 40's and my current thai girl is 27. This age gap according to many psychological studies is ideal- these studies stipulate that a man should half his age and add 7 years for the optimum aged partner.

She is highly educated and her family are middle to upper class.

The first time she called me 'daddy' I was wondering if I should run for the hills but have since learnt from another source that I have to understand that thai women appreciate the man taking on several roles in the relationship... her husband or partner has to be her lover, father, friend etc. Also, a good thai girl takes care of her man as though he were a child, yet loves him to dote on her like a father.

Does anybody relate to this? Have your lady ever called you 'daddy'. Or should I go and buy a new pair of Nike trainers and start running up a hill?

First of all there is nothing scientific or similar about these "studies", secondly the half your age plus 7 years rule is not referring to the optimal age gap but the maximum age gap for a healthy relationship.

Having said that, I think any age gap is perfectly fine and that the mentioned "studies" are made by and for people with nothing better to do.

Btw, my thai gf is a rocket scientist from the Singha family :-)

Edited by monkeycountry

yes it's because she's going to make you a daddy what other way can she get her hooks into you

Totally agree, mine called me daddy (Paa) for 10 years, now she owns a house, land, motorcycle and car, and calls me ex husband bah.gif

... facepalm.gif

Beats hands down the quip I planned to write ...

• Like 1

"The first time she called me 'daddy' I was wondering if I should run for the hills but have since learnt from another source that I have to understand that thai women appreciate the man taking on several roles in the relationship... her husband or partner has to be her lover, father, friend etc. Also, a good thai girl takes care of her man as though he were a child, yet loves him to dote on her like a father. "

​I guess you can rationalize anything if you really want to.

It sounds like you treat her like the child that mentally she still is.

Yep, you got it spot on there, 'er indoors said the same thing to me, almost word for word when i asked her why she used to sometimes call me Daddy, but now i know the reason for it, i'm cool with it.

When I met my girlfriend I soon started calling her 'darling', and she responded by calling me 'darling also. But pretty soon the family and then friends started calling me 'darling' and it became my name or nickname. She, being the only one who realises the implication of calling someone 'darling' now hates hearing other females call me it, and I don't like it much either, especially by males. So now we have stopped using it between ourselves, which is a pity, in the hope it will fade away.

Although a slight difference hearing Darling and Dak ling, the meaning couldn't be more different........................rolleyes.gif

I only believe articles that say I should date a girl 30 years younger. I'm 48. They say this is "perfect". I believe them. If i break up with her, I will read the websites that say dating younger is very wrong and means i had serious problems. then i will know i matured.

my gf's call me "pimp" "pimp daddy" "baht daddy" and "daddy baht"

oh snap, prom is next week.... clap2.gif

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/688557-prostatitis-prostate-infection/#entry7152758

it has been a busy week for dear OP.

It was disconcerting when he put the rubber glove and started to lube up to check my prostate via my rear entry. I was confused when I felt 2 hands on each of my shoulders and then still felt something in the rear.

My former Thai gf insisted on calling me "Papa", and wanted me to call her "Mama". She enjoyed doting on me, and insisted on treating me as a father figure. Truthfully, I enjoyed it. I don't think anything weird is going on...just another unfathomable facet of Thai culture. My advice? Relax and enjoy it.