Protesters march in Bangkok in bid to oust PM Yingluck, but turnout low

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't need their swords yet as the government hasn't (and hopefully won't) send in the army!

Why would anyone send the army? They are not occupying the financial heart of Bangkok causing multi billion USD damage to the country, they have not forced more than 100,000 into unemployment, they do not walk around Bangkok fully armed, they do not bully and intimidate Bangkokians...etc...etc...They want their country back before it is sold out cheaply to foreign vultures. One just has to look across the border in Cambodia to see what would happen to Thailand if Mr T gets his way.

Good for them. They might want to consider what the rest of the Thai population wants.

I was watching them at Asoke, and at first there appeared to be 500-1000. Then a couple more groups turned up. When they left, I reckon there might have been 4-5000 gathered there. Many were from businesses in the area, so wouldn't have continued on with the protesters and speakers when they moved off up Sukhumvit.

Sunday will be the telling day.

I was watching them at Asoke, and at first there appeared to be 500-1000. Then a couple more groups turned up. When they left, I reckon there might have been 4-5000 gathered there. Many were from businesses in the area, so wouldn't have continued on with the protesters and speakers when they moved off up Sukhumvit.

Even if he gets the same level of turnout as the last 'big' one (which is highly unlikely) why will it make any difference? It didn't last time.

Does he really believe Yingluck will resign, when it would be unconstitutional for her to do so.

Bring on the election and let all the people speak. (But that doesn't suit them!)

• Like 2

He is only escalating division, and stoking up the flames of bitterness and resentment among Northern people, and all people who voted PTP, he is insulting every one of them personally by saying that their casted votes are meaningless. He is playing a very stupid and dangerous game, and even assuming he got his wish and a Suthep FB Friend-List Neo-Rulership kind of state was born, all it would mean is that 90% of Thais felt robbed and very angry and so it goes round again, but this time on rollerskates with disco music.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

Even if he gets the same level of turnout as the last 'big' one (which is highly unlikely) why will it make any difference? It didn't last time.

Does he really believe Yingluck will resign, when it would be unconstitutional for her to do so.

Bring on the election and let all the people speak. (But that doesn't suit them!)

Which part of the constitution actually specifies she, as an individual, cannot resign her positions as PM and DM?

• Like 1

Sounds like a damp squib. Maybe he should call off Sunday or risk looking even stupider than he does already!

Most of the protestors I came across this afternoon, were on their way to the shopping malls, but did have whistles.

You will see Sunday!

And when you look this picture, do you really think that they are on them way to the shopping malls?

1476407_417645151671588_703438801_n.jpg

Or maybe they should look like this =>

red-shirt-violence-thailand.jpg

They don't need their swords yet as the government hasn't (and hopefully won't) send in the army!

You are missing the point here! The peoples who protest now (look at the 1st picture) do not go to the shopping mall!

They are there to oust K. Yinglack Shinawat and all her goonies!

Actually, no...that is not what they are!

They are about to become pawns in a chess- match and they are gullible enough, to serve as canon- fodder...just as the ones below!

• Like 1

The part where His Majesty signs a Royal Decree to dissolve Parliament, but leaves her as Caretaker PM.

The King also swears her in as PM, yet she can resign as PM.

The courts can also force a PM to stand down. Does that mean that they are committing LM?

All she needs to do to is go to the King and tell him she wants to resign, then he will sign another decree and swear someone else in as care-taker PM.

Thaksin resigned as care-taker after the 2006 election. I don't see why Yingluck can't.

Fair enough. But better still wait until the election and see if she still has the support of the country.

Oh dear! Just 2,500 sheep trotting along behind little Benito. Somehow I don't think that he is going to get his two million on Sunday, but then it should have been obvious to anyone that his support is seriously slipping away as his demands grow ever more threatening and bombastic.

Totally clueless.

It was said already that the main protest isn't till Sunday, this is just the start and 2,500 was just one march at its beginning and the others join along the way. You don't need 10 million marchers to cause gridlock, you need a few handfuls in different areas. that is enough to stop the city roads dead. Wait till Sunday before opening your stupid gob.

Suthep is winning this war bit by bit. You can't and never will see that until it is all over and the Yingluck/Thaksin government are all finished. Then I suppose you will skulk away with your tail between your legs like I am predicting.

Long Live The People's Revolution.

I hope you don't refer to the "People's Democratic Republic of Corea", aka "PDRC" with the dear leader Kim Suthep.

• Like 1

Oh dear! Just 2,500 sheep trotting along behind little Benito. Somehow I don't think that he is going to get his two million on Sunday, but then it should have been obvious to anyone that his support is seriously slipping away as his demands grow ever more threatening and bombastic.

yes but the streets were lined with people who cheered them up. People rushed from the offices to the street to greet.

While 2500 sounds extreme low, the respond was way better than what the PAD got.....I wouldn't count them out, yet.

Well, I'm watching the walk through the city (not really a march) on FMTV, and the crowds are welcoming Suthep like a conquering hero.

(And I don't have a dog in this fight.)

Wish I had a baht for everybody who says I dont have a dog in this fight and favours one side over the other..usually anti Thakin dislikers

"About 2,500 people marched along one of the city's main roads holding banners that read "We are anti-corruption" and "No elections before reform". Others are expected to join as they move through central business areas."

As Michael or Suthep would say : we are the world, we are the people.....

So those that believe they are on the side of the people, Suthep and a few retired generals, you now want to reform the nation with the will of 2500 people, for the 2500 people or less. Run along home Suthep

Will Sunday be the 7-8th D Day. Just lock the turkey up

Totally clueless.

It was said already that the main protest isn't till Sunday, this is just the start and 2,500 was just one march at its beginning and the others join along the way. You don't need 10 million marchers to cause gridlock, you need a few handfuls in different areas. that is enough to stop the city roads dead. Wait till Sunday before opening your stupid gob.

Suthep is winning this war bit by bit. You can't and never will see that until it is all over and the Yingluck/Thaksin government are all finished. Then I suppose you will skulk away with your tail between your legs like I am predicting.

"Long live the revolution" "winning bit by bit" > Call the farm another turkey has escaped. I am totally clueless too and I wont be running away with my tail between my legs. We cant talk about the real reasons for this anti government rally( no its not) because it is illegal to do so.

• Like 1

yes but the streets were lined with people who cheered them up. People rushed from the offices to the street to greet.

While 2500 sounds extreme low, the respond was way better than what the PAD got.....I wouldn't count them out, yet.

It doesn't sound very low ...2500 is pitiful. Tomorrow there is a march in Khon Kaen and 3000 people will attend...thing is they are all primary kids. LMFAO and more people will run out to cheer them than Suthep

Totally clueless.

When your blinkers come off in future you may see that Thailand consist of more than Bangkok. You may also then see that Suthep the jester have led you and his supporters down a dead end. Follow this road and it will end in death and destruction with everyone losers. Thailand needs reforms but not the way the jester is demanding it must happen.

• Like 2

It makes more sense to follow democratic principles set in place under the current constitution to allow for an election to determine the next government.

Closing down international airports, blocking roads, creating chaos, violent acts etc... are not part of a democratic society.

Those actions break laws that were enacted to safeguard the principles of democracy, the people, from violence, dictators and the like.

Let the elections proceed and see what happens. Everyone must learn to live within the legal framework and not to take to the streets every time to force out an elected government. Spend more time on the campaign trail and touching the lives of the people in a real way if you want to win an election.

Everyone is talking about reform because of Suthep, the government have no interest in improving Thai society,, they only want power.

2 months and very little violence- only a skirmish between vocational students and police, Ramkhamhaeng students and the red shirts.

Suthep has galvanized the entire middle class across the country. He has the south as well.

This is all so beyond Yingluck, even Thaksin can't help her now.

• Like 2

Sounds like a damp squib. Maybe he should call off Sunday or risk looking even stupider than he does already!

Most of the protestors I came across this afternoon, were on their way to the shopping malls, but did have whistles.

You will see Sunday!

And when you look this picture, do you really think that they are on them way to the shopping malls?

1476407_417645151671588_703438801_n.jpg

Or maybe they should look like this =>

red-shirt-violence-thailand.jpg

That looks like 5-8,000 people to me!

It makes more sense to follow democratic principles set in place under the current constitution to allow for an election to determine the next government.

Closing down international airports, blocking roads, creating chaos, violent acts etc... are not part of a democratic society.

Those actions break laws that were enacted to safeguard the principles of democracy, the people, from violence, dictators and the like.

Let the elections proceed and see what happens. Everyone must learn to live within the legal framework and not to take to the streets every time to force out an elected government. Spend more time on the campaign trail and touching the lives of the people in a real way if you want to win an election.

Everyone is talking about reform because of Suthep, the government have no interest in improving Thai society,, they only want power.

2 months and very little violence- only a skirmish between vocational students and police, Ramkhamhaeng students and the red shirts.

Suthep has galvanized the entire middle class across the country. He has the south as well.

This is all so beyond Yingluck, even Thaksin can't help her now.

Finally somebody than can see clear!

800b to go there for the day and 'protest', if any Thais are interested.

• Like 1

and when the red shirts marched through Silom in 2010 everybody cheered them, well the workers not the bosses.

• Like 1