Singha Beer Brewery Distances Itself From Anti-Govt Socialite

Lite Beer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame them in the least in trying to distance themselves from her.

They are obviously worried about the impact to their brand, I certainly would be.

When you consider that Leo Beer has a huge customer base especially upcountry, I would not be at all surprised if a boycott was already taking place.

Funny you should say that, Wave, but our sales of Leo (up here near Chiang Mai) have fallen considerably since that snotty little cow started spouting off about the "uneducated rural voters".

He is worried like hell that the redshirt movement will boycot all his Singha products so he's trying to cover his ass by saying "ohh i tried to talk to her but she wouldn't listen". In the background he is supporting and financing the whole movement!

Such a Thai thing to do laugh.png

• Like 2

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

Do they have a tent at sondhis do?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

1. If you're going to try and be smart, be smart and look things up. Croesus. http://phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/15/messages/193.html

2. I expect many of the billionaires in Thaksin's PTP and their respective companies have certainly aided financing in the past. Just an assumption, like yours.

3. Do you think Yingluck earned her millions or inherited it?

4. I guess if Ms Chitpas managed to secure face to face time with Yingluck,attachicon.gifyl.jpg the upper hand may well be had by Chitpas attachicon.gifChitpas-Bhirombhakdi-11.jpgwho seems the smarter of the two.

Fire away..

what nonsense

Yingluck is Thailand's first female premier and holds her own on the world stage whereas this young rich 'amartee' has achieved nothing apart from pissing off her own relatives who, wisely, have countered that it is not good business to go against the vast majority of Thais who drink YOUR product

You're right!

Yingluck isn't an ammart! The Shinawatra family aren't worth billions and this country's first female premier holds her own and does the country proud on the world stage everytime she opens her mouth in front of the cameras in English! She has truly achieved much, being raised in a poor family in Chiang Mai. I read somewhere she had to sell match sticks without shoes in the cold Chiang Mai winter when she was very young. She's truly better then this beer socialite who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth! bah.gif

I think you might do yourself a favour, TVGerry, and look outside your obvious hatred of Yingluck to see some reality. Yet again someone disses her for not speaking perfect English unlike Abhisit, without accepting that as he was borne and educated IN England he should be able to speak and write English perfectly - I'm only suprised that he can speak any Thai!

And by the way, Singha and Leo are hardly "cheap beer".

• Like 2

Don't blame them in the least in trying to distance themselves from her.

They are obviously worried about the impact to their brand, I certainly would be.

When you consider that Leo Beer has a huge customer base especially upcountry, I would not be at all surprised if a boycott was already taking place.

Funny you should say that, Wave, but our sales of Leo (up here near Chiang Mai) have fallen considerably since that snotty little cow started spouting off about the "uneducated rural voters".

No hatred in your unbiased reporting of the sales from your shop/bar/restaurant or whatever. Unlike those you chastise for commenting on the PM/DM.

Always nice to see red tinted fairness in operation. No double standards.

• Like 2

The rising wealth upcountry would be greatly benefitting Singha's bottom line. The idea of armies of reds boycotting the beer would be horrifying.

Agreed.

Also Singha are embarking on a joint venture with Carlsberg for a major expansion in Europe.

I would imagine that it would be of great concern for them (and Carlsberg) to be seen as a company that does not support equal rights.

How would such a perception play with Chelsea or Manchester United.

It could be very damaging for the company indeed

To hear nonsense like this put out in the public domain who's main claim to fame is that she is richer than chrisus because her uncle has a company is very depressing.

Not helped by the fact that singha is believed to possibly be funding this whole event anyway. Businesses in thailand normally stay out of the limelight. I wonder where the bangkok bank family are hanging out?

I think inherited wealth should bar people from voting and it should be taxed at 80%?

Debate ms. Chitimas?

1. If you're going to try and be smart, be smart and look things up. Croesus. http://phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/15/messages/193.html

2. I expect many of the billionaires in Thaksin's PTP and their respective companies have certainly aided financing in the past. Just an assumption, like yours.

4. I guess if Ms Chitpas managed to secure face to face time with Yingluck,attachicon.gifyl.jpg the upper hand may well be had by Chitpas attachicon.gifChitpas-Bhirombhakdi-11.jpgwho seems the smarter of the two.

Fire away..

what nonsense

Yingluck is Thailand's first female premier and holds her own on the world stage whereas this young rich 'amartee' has achieved nothing apart from pissing off her own relatives who, wisely, have countered that it is not good business to go against the vast majority of Thais who drink YOUR product

There are those who believe that Ms yingluck has done everything she's been told to do by her brother Thaksin. She was given the job at SC Asset because of Thaksin. She is P.M. because of Thaksin. She is on the world stage because Thaksin trusts no-one else to be there in his stead. She must be a good woman to have allowed herself to be used by Thaksin for his own ends.

OTOH Ms Chitpas has shown an independent streak and stood for what she believed in. Not necessarily what some members here agree with but nevertheless independent.

She and YS are cut from the same amart cloth. I don't suppose either of them has done a hard days work in their lives.

Well, I guess travel, shopping and Facebook can be exhausting at times.

Oouh, class warfare or what is going on here?

Lil' lady (or not) has exactly the same right to her opinion as anybody else, regardless of her background.

And her family's company has the same rigth to point out, that she does not represent the view of the company. What is so complicated here?

There is sufficient research, worldwide, that enough money helps getting a better education and degrees etc. Just look at Thai universities. But it is also obvious, that money is no guarantee for intelligence or intelligent political opinions.

So let's debate, if her opinion is right or wrong, good or bad, but not, how wealthy her family is.

If wealth is a factor, then why not beauty? You know, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder... Does drinking Chang make Yingluck look better or does Leo make this Singha lady look better...?

My pint of oppinion on this,

Sam M.

• Like 1

" Ms. Chitpas has been quoted in a number of media reports as saying that she distrusts the concept of ′one person, one vote′ as it is rigged in favour of the uneducated rural voters."

Wow, if she said that, it says a lot about the plans of PCAD. One man, one vote. Suthep's the man and he's got the vote. Fascists to the core.

She is quite right. The concept is rigged in favour of uneducated rural voters.......for the simple reason that there are more of them than educated urban voters.

I guess she could some of her, and her family's, wealth to educate some of the rural population. That might help, or it might not. Once educated, they still may not like the Democratic Party.

I can't see Singha beer sales suffering much though. I'll have to do some research at a few bars tonight to confirm though.

Debate ms. Chitimas?

Fire away..

what nonsense

You're right!

Yingluck isn't an ammart! The Shinawatra family aren't worth billions and this country's first female premier holds her own and does the country proud on the world stage everytime she opens her mouth in front of the cameras in English! She has truly achieved much, being raised in a poor family in Chiang Mai. I read somewhere she had to sell match sticks without shoes in the cold Chiang Mai winter when she was very young. She's truly better then this beer socialite who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth! bah.gif

If this statement doesn't show you that there is amart and amart in this country you are very naive. There is amart and there is amart and yingluck is not as high up that food chain as the singha brewery family.

It's like comparing Richard Branson and Nigella Lawson. One family has airlines and a phone business another is perceived to be part of the furniture.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Debate ms. Chitimas?

Inherited wealth should bar people from voting?

Edited by Old Man River

"People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD)". I'm trying to visualize such a system. An "Absolute Democracy" (which has never existed at any time anywhere) would not be ruled by a monarch. Would it?

This is no knock on HM, he's the best.

• Like 2

The rising wealth upcountry would be greatly benefitting Singha's bottom line. The idea of armies of reds boycotting the beer would be horrifying.

I think Singh have 80% market share, or something like that. But they'd just flow over to the likes of Chang, owned by Thai Bev. It isn't a secret that Thai Bev don't like the Shinawatra's very much, and that the recent excise changes to alcohol products was aimed directly at them.

Debate ms. Chitimas?

If it is the choice between the inhereted wealth of the Shinawatra clan, and this lass....I'll take the lass who's dad owns a brewry.

At least she'll have the ability to garner my vote - a bottle of beer. I'm cheap.

• Like 2

" Ms. Chitpas has been quoted in a number of media reports as saying that she distrusts the concept of ′one person, one vote′ as it is rigged in favour of the uneducated rural voters."

Wow, if she said that, it says a lot about the plans of PCAD. One man, one vote. Suthep's the man and he's got the vote. Fascists to the core.

She is quite right. The concept is rigged in favour of uneducated rural voters.......for the simple reason that there are more of them than educated urban voters.

I guess she could some of her, and her family's, wealth to educate some of the rural population. That might help, or it might not. Once educated, they still may not like the Democratic Party.

I can't see Singha beer sales suffering much though. I'll have to do some research at a few bars tonight to confirm though.

I seriously doubt this elitist view of who can vote or not is the Democrats point of view. PCAD are nationalistic fanatics, and while the Dems may despise PT, they aren't fascists like PCAD. They want power but they are not talking about disenfranchising the electorate.

These young idiot party members don't know what they can do them-self. They don't see clear the world, they don't know what does mean the life.

This dumb girl doesn't recognized her status only does what she think it is fashionable. Blows the whistles and tells many bull_s_hit from stage w00t.gif

So you'd be surprised to hear that she's actually quite well educated and quite active in the Democrat Party previously running for election.

Not going the easy route of the current caretaker PM and running on the party-list.

Quite stupid indeed rolleyes.gif

Quite well educated in her comments would be your view?

I seriously doubt this elitist view of who can vote or not is the Democrats point of view. PCAD are nationalistic fanatics, and while the Dems may despise PT, they aren't fascists like PCAD. They want power but they are not talking about disenfranchising the electorate.

Well, if one of the backers and supporters says something quite as public as this, it is their job to disown the statement.

Or you assume they support.