An ordinary Thai's impression of us Westerners.

i claudius

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who gives a toss.

Well I certainly do, as would anyone else with the slightest pride in their appearance.

I cannot understand how anyone can go to a restaurant in a singlet, what is the harm of throwing on a comfortable dress shirt?

Its a sad fact that the worst dressed people in Bangkok and Pattaya are foreigners.

Old Blue Eyes would spin in his grave if he could see some of the scruffs (tramps) that pound the street of Thailand (and I am not talking about Thais).

Who gives a toss.

Well I certainly do, as would anyone else with the slightest pride in their appearance.

I cannot understand how anyone can go to a restaurant in a singlet, what is the harm of throwing on a comfortable dress shirt?

Its a sad fact that the worst dressed people in Bangkok and Pattaya are foreigners.

Old Blue Eyes would spin in his grave if he could see some of the scruffs (tramps) that pound the street of Thailand (and I am not talking about Thais).

Women wear sleevless blouses to a restuarant and i were a singlet,can you tell me the difference.My life,i choose.

Was this pressed trousers and pressed shirt?

She may have had a different perception had she known the real you and your spelling abilities.

Who gives a toss.

I'm prepared to stick my neck on the line and say a majority of expat's do 'Give a toss', even if you don't.

You're entitled to your opinion but 'posting' your crass response is unnecessary. Maybe you're one of the dirty, scruffy tattooed Neanderthals the street vendor is familiar with.

Regarding the OP's 'spelling ability'..... perhaps he's not an English speaking national, there are many expat' groups in Thailand. Contrary to your observation the woman may have been greatly impressed had she known a non English speaking foreigner can read, write and speak in English as well as have a Thai 'wife' .

So many TV members take a pathetic interest in character assassinations while simultaneously sticking their head up their own arse! A fact proven by later posts to this story line.

I know people that are always unshaved, thing is, they must take time to trim the bristles just to look unshaved, why not properly shave? unironed t shirts scraggy shorts and 29 Baht flip flops...yet can spend 15k a month or more to keep their tiraks family happy.

Hearts of gold us scruffy people,putting the welfare of or loved ones before ourselves.

I don't think much of poor old women who have to sell food by the roadside with no attempt at hygiene.

(I bet she doesn't wash her hands between going to the toilet and serving food)

In the west they would be considered criminals and forced to move on.

Don't you think its bad when even an old woman who sells food at the side of the road ,looks down on many of the falangs here ? strange.

Yes i think it's bad,on her behalf,being very shallow.

another thread about how foreigners dress?

the last one ran for 9 pages

you live in a town where there's opportunity for sex for breakfast, lunch and dinner and all you guys can do is critique fashion?

i think some of you have lost the plot

How many wasted hours do you spend talking about low cut cleavage, Hot Pant crutch cuts, heels, boob tubes or whatever!!!

A case of inverted snobbery at its best !

To each his own....not everyone is a Sex Tourist, some expats have GF's , wives and families and enjoy a full relationship, that's 'gaining the plot, not losing it.
Edited by Rimmer
profanity
  • Like 1

OP next time when taking a National Poll increase your sample pool. Yesterday I met a Brit who obviously looked Indian but was on his way to Prayer. So did everyone know that British people are of Indian Muslim decent? He lives in Birmingham, England.

My professional poll.

Well, this innocent and seemingly uncontroversial thread degraded into an insult-filled argument rather quickly.

I don't go to bars or get away from my work or girlfriend to socialize much. Is that how conversations between foreigners in Thailand usually go in person, or is this strictly a cyber phenomenon ?

First of all, I have no Idea what the "usual" Thai thinks of Westerners. Being a Westerner

I can only say when I see some of the filthy,fat lugs with their dirty clothes, gulping beer after

beer at 11 AM I can only think of what a bunch of "red necks" that arrived in Thailand. Of course,

they would be just as fat, dirty and gulping beer after beer in their Home Countries if half of them

were not running from child support, alimony, and other infractions of the law in their Home

Countries, not to mention all the unpaid bills they left their families to pay off.

This is what I, as a Westerner, think of this "Type". Clean up, have a little self-respect and

try to be a credit to your Home Country not an embarrasment.

Quite an insight there mate on what you see,are you a mindreader.Do you actually talk to these people or too afraid you might catch somethink.You'd catch a backhander from me with that attitude,snob.

Well, this innocent and seemingly uncontroversial thread degraded into an insult-filled argument rather quickly.

I don't go to bars or get away from my work or girlfriend to socialize much. Is that how conversations between foreigners in Thailand usually go in person, or is this strictly a cyber phenomenon ?

Post crap and thats what you'll get back.

Yes it was quite an innocent post ,just an observation really ,but i suppose i always knew it would come down to a slanging match ,it always does among keyboard warriors ,as you can say anything you like without offending anyone to their face ,like a guy i know who is very friendly but wears black socks with his shorts ,big mistake ,but i never tell him to his facefacepalm.gif

Edited by i claudius

for the record: i am a paying guest in their country and i believe in the old proverb

You should - since you are a guest in their country.

"he who pays the piper calls the tune"

as simple as that.

Exactly how much in Thai income tax did you pay this year?

I'm guessing zero, which means that any money that you did spend was simply for items for your own consumption and comfort, same as it would be in any place on the planet.

I'm also guessing that if it came down to a choice between the piddling sums that you likely spend or having someone with your insulting attitude leave, the Thais would choose for you to be gone.

• Like 2

for the record: i am a paying guest in their country and i believe in the old proverb

You should - since you are a guest in their country.

"he who pays the piper calls the tune"

as simple as that.

Exactly how much in Thai income tax did you pay this year?

I'm guessing zero, which means that any money that you did spend was simply for items for your own consumption and comfort, same as it would be in any place on the planet.

I'm also guessing that if it came down to a choice between the piddling sums that you likely spend or having someone with your insulting attitude leave, the Thais would choose for you to be gone.

I wonder what Mrs Naam would say to that Naam?biggrin.png

To each his own....not everyone is a Sex Tourist, some expats have GF's , wives and families and enjoy a full relationship, that's 'gaining the plot, not losing it.

Does having a Thai wife or gf, when you couldn't get one as young, or as attractive, or at all, in your home country make you not a "sex tourist".

When the only thing you bring to the table is your money.

Nice dream, but in no way reality.

Edited by FiftyTwo

She may have had a different perception had she known the real you and your spelling abilities.

Whits wrong with my spooling ,i tipe fast .

No just an ordinary shirt and cheap trousers and horror of horror flip flops.

Maybe the woman was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

Does having a Thai wife or gf, when you couldn't get one as young, or as attractive, or at all, in your home country make you not a "sex tourist".

You are a very sad guy ,i assume you see others as you are ,sorry to burst your bubble ,but but its not like that at all in the real Thailand , just in the world you live in presumably with the same sort of loser individuals as you.

Whits wrong with my spooling ,i tipe fast .

No just an ordinary shirt and cheap trousers and horror of horror flip flops.

Maybe the woman was being sarcastic.

Do you know a Thai that understands how to be "sarcastic" my wife lived in the west 7 years ,even now she sometimes does not realise when i am being sarcastic.

Edited by i claudius

The woman I used to date when I lived in Europe, was just as attractive as my Thai girlfriend (shhh), has her masters degree, pleasant, popular and 3 years younger. Some people prefer it here because of the weather (aside from the 14 degree days in Ubon recently), I'm one.