Phuket to Ranong Visa Run by Honda PCX

ja99

I almost did Phuket to Bangkok in one day on my Nouvo 135cc. Ended up hitting a big pot hole and breaking the spokes. Was a bumpy 60kms into Hua Hin. Fun trip though.

I traded my Nouvo 135 (with alloys) in for the Pcx as I didnt like the way it handled potholes etc.. Did you actually come off the bike?

I really wouldnt be keen on riding one all the way to Bangkok, however it is good to see you still are still intact.

I almost did Phuket to Bangkok in one day on my Nouvo 135cc. Ended up hitting a big pot hole and breaking the spokes. Was a bumpy 60kms into Hua Hin. Fun trip though.

I traded my Nouvo 135 (with alloys) in for the Pcx as I didnt like the way it handled potholes etc.. Did you actually come off the bike?

I really wouldnt be keen on riding one all the way to Bangkok, however it is good to see you still are still intact.

I stayed on the bike, thankfully.... I just left Phuket late so was driving in the dark by the time i hit the pot hole. Came as a shock but wasn't too bad. Couldn't find an open tire shop so I said screw it and kept riding into town. Couldn't go faster then 25-30km for 60km.

I love my Nouvo, bought the one when they first came out. The only thing is the light is not so good. I am interested in the SX because I heard the light is really good. But wouldn't mind the PCX, how are the headlights on yours?

I stayed on the bike, thankfully.... I just left Phuket late so was driving in the dark by the time i hit the pot hole. Came as a shock but wasn't too bad. Couldn't find an open tire shop so I said screw it and kept riding into town. Couldn't go faster then 25-30km for 60km.

I love my Nouvo, bought the one when they first came out. The only thing is the light is not so good. I am interested in the SX because I heard the light is really good. But wouldn't mind the PCX, how are the headlights on yours?

The lights on my 2011 Nouvo were rather good I thought, especially hi-beam. The SX light looks pretty hi-tech! The Nouvo was a great looking bike and I would be over 40,000baht better off if I hadn't moved it on. The Pcx lights are good but I dont get to use hi-beam much around Phuket

Edited by ja99
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just did this run again an the same bike but stopped in Takuapa on the way up to Ranong as it is about 25kms closer and almost halfway from Phuket. There are a couple of places to stay on the northern highway area of town. I stayed at Frend Resort for 500baht, probably too much as i didnt bother to haggle. Comfy, clean a/c room did the job. They have like karaoke big pool table area, tho I didn't bother.

Managed to have a look around the Andaman Club resort this time, looks impressive but hardly anybody seemed to be staying there. 3 farangs by the pool area and that seemed to be it, unless everyone elese was tucked away in their rooms?

In Ranong, I stayed at the Farmhouse again but this was a bit of a mistake, sad to say there is construction down by the bungalow/room area and I got woken by the crew whacking hammers a bit too close tomy room at 8am. The smartarse receptionist actually changed me to probably the worst-affected area at check-in after chat with housekeeping where I heard the word 'farang' mentioned, lol. Ok, so I left the aircon on when I exited at 9am.

Khao Lak on way back, spotted fan rooms for 300baht in Bang Niang area which would be hard to beat if saving that baht up later.

I am thinking of selling the PCX and moving on to one of the Keeway RKV or cruiser 200cc models but not much info at all available on those. Phuket dealer had both listed recently for 59,500baht or near enough. They look good..

Safe biking to all..smile.png