xmas buffet

dazk

I am not a fan of buffets but anyone recommends some other good places to go with Christmas( 25th december) Can be a bit more upscale as well. Been to Shenanigans last year for 1.2k I believe but was too noisy. Decided there should be better options then that right :)?

Been to Shenanigans last year for 1.2k

Same price this year. Seems way over the top to me for what's on the menu. Half that would be about right.

Well actually it was 1k last year and they raised it to 1.2k now. Just had a quick look at their menu of this year and it seems the same as last year.

For a extra 800 baht per person I can go to Mantra as well for a Christmas brunch but prefer to have a Christmas dinner on the 25h.

we bit pricey, also looking for english style found a few places in pattaya but would like in jomtien

I can recommend the Irish place Dicey Reilly's in South Pattaya second road . They have a very nice Christmas Buffet for 690 baht . Roasted turkey, ham, roast beef, all the stuffing , Christmas pudding etc. And the location is great .

fmci.jpg

http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/christmas-lunch-or-dinner-at-dicey-reillys-pub-eatery/

Not my scene but you might consider checking out this place:

http://www.cocospattaya.com/promotions/

The place is American influenced but you get your pudding as well.

Happy Festivus!

I do respect JT knowledge of eatery's in the Pattaya area BUT I tried this one just after they bought it from Yorkies, I had a pad thai, let me say "I have never been back"

Should I return and give them another chance?

Edited by OLDAUSSIE

Been to Shenanigans last year for 1.2k

Same price this year. Seems way over the top to me for what's on the menu. Half that would be about right.

Well actually it was 1k last year and they raised it to 1.2k now. Just had a quick look at their menu of this year and it seems the same as last year.

For a extra 800 baht per person I can go to Mantra as well for a Christmas brunch but prefer to have a Christmas dinner on the 25h.

The Christmas Buffet pricing is insulting. I enjoy the Shenanigan's weekly carvery with 6 meats (Turkey and Ham always included) for 450 baht, but they offer pretty much the same thing for triple the price on Christmas. I'm not singling out Shenanigan's because it is the same rip-off strategy around town. I will pass.

Exactly, its just this time of the year with the ''rip-offs''. I like Shenanigans, its good food for a great price. Unfortunately they dont deliver anymore via WoW or D2D but still go there sometimes.

Decided to go to Mantra at Amari for a proper meal and no buffets for me this year :-)

Not my scene but you might consider checking out this place:

http://www.cocospattaya.com/promotions/

The place is American influenced but you get your pudding as well.

Happy Festivus!

I do respect JT knowledge of eatery's in the Pattaya area BUT I tried this one just after they bought it from Yorkies, I had a pad thai, let me say "I have never been back"

Should I return and give them another chance?

Maybe not. I wouldn't order Thai food at such a place!