Maltese Man Beaten Up By 7 Motorbike Taxi Riders

Rimmer

It's wrong to fight force by using force but they are some questions that we really want to know why they care about ATM as it's not belong to them?

In Thai any public property it's called ' Luang ' mean big, even public phone are dirty but still usable they love their public property so try not to destroy public property especially farang who they think more superior being which offend them.

Any where in they world if we learn to respect people and property we will respected not only Thailand.

Edited by Bkungbank

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A number of posts have been removed:

Off topic

Inflammatory

Incorrect quoted attributes

Calling out other members to fight

Quoted replies of any of the above

But a caged-fighting match between T-V members for charity might raise allot money for a good cause. There could be ad-hominen attacks hurled at each other to see who lands a lethal insult!

LOL

When Thais start laying into Farang completely without provocation - or an obvious financial motive - I'll accept some of the 'they want to kill us!' hysteria in this thread. Even the recent thread about the baht bus driver attacking a TV board member was instigated by a fare dispute - the TVer was punched in the mouth over 10 baht. Minimal provocation, but even he admitted that he saw it coming.

Do I think the people responsible should be in jail ? Of course I do. Do I think Thais everywhere should be tarred with the same brush. No, I dont. TV is all about stereotyping people - Thai and Farang alike - whilst foaming at the mouth. We've had this same thread how many times over the last year or so ? Same thread, same hysteria, same to-and-fro BS. Anyone trying to present an alternative viewpoint is branded a shameless apologist - or simply a nitwit - and flamed mercilessly.

Carry flame on.

'they want to kill us!' hysteria in this thread

Yes yes absolutely cheesy.gif ...too much!

Where to start?

To begin with, there is way too much hyperbole on this thread/story. Express an opinion on the story and expect to be ridiculed. Too many posts deteriorate into "ad hominem" attacks instead of trying to convince others of a point of view. BTW, ad hominem is an accepted word in the English lexicon and using it is a better way to say "attacks on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions or issues".

I read the story and have been looking at the picture of the victim. Now, if I hadn't seen the picture and only read the narrative and posts, I would have expected to see a man lying in a hospital bed with tubes running out of him. That's usually the state of someone who has been "beaten half to death". I admit that a single picture will not always show the full extent of injuries but from what I can determine the Thais exercised some degree of restraint because I have seen results of attacks in the West where pipes, bats and bricks were used and the victim is not able to speak, much less sit in a chair and fill out police reports.

Gang attacks? Thais do not have a corner on that. Anyone who believes or intimates that this is strictly a Thai phenomenon hasn't been reading much or is simply trying to denigrate Thais. It is human nature to overwhelm one's opponent. Can't do it with technology? Do it with numbers. Happens all the time, everywhere.

Why do many posters have to call Thais such derogatory names? To mention only a few and not all on this thread but all on TV...hyenas, animals, sub-human, neanderthal, ignorant, backward, stoneage, stooges, uncivilized, etc. etc. That is the way some make themselves feel superior to others.

During my travels, I learned, and have (usually) heeded the warnings, that if you want to stay out of trouble then there are some things one does not do and some places one does not go. Most of the warnings included subjects of: what one says and to whom one says it, alcohol, time of day or night, locations and types of people. Seems that some people do not heed such warnings. If I were to do something like, get drunk, wander about at wee hours, start damaging other people's property and using abusive language to a group of loiterers, I could very well expect something very bad to happen. When something bad happens, who is to blame? Who is at fault? In this story, I'd say both.

Normally a little boy should understand and then agree with your statements thumbsup.gif...

...but we are on TV biggrin.png

So please do not try to spoil their pleasure with any logic ! rolleyes.gif

Another daft farang...like beating on an ATM machine has ever resulted in ones retained card being returned! I can imagine tue Thais probable said to him to go to the branch to report it and get another card and the victim using some choice words telling them to mind their own business. If he happened to include the "F" word among them this is what probably set them off.

They wouldn't have got aroused to anger by a goofy farang beating on a metal box alone.

Ah the voice of compassion.

I hope you are never set on by a bunch of these thugs.

<deleted> severn guys with all sorts of weapons on one drunk farang.

Sickening..

Well, that is Thainess :)

• Like 1

One last thing about this topic.

While driving to Tesco today with the missus I asked her opinion. This was what she said;

The Thai guys only attack farang with big group because they can't do it with a Thai guy. Sure the Thai guy will come back with his family, friends, etc and bring some weapons, even guns. Then MC taxi driver finish. They only do it to farang because they know the farang not take revenge.

Make sense?

No

One last thing about this topic.

While driving to Tesco today with the missus I asked her opinion. This was what she said;

The Thai guys only attack farang with big group because they can't do it with a Thai guy. Sure the Thai guy will come back with his family, friends, etc and bring some weapons, even guns. Then MC taxi driver finish. They only do it to farang because they know the farang not take revenge.

Make sense?

Perfect sense.

Except the newbs who've only been her 2 or 3 years still mightn't get it.

atm mashines cost $ 3000 to $ 30 000

Thank you for that non-sequitur...dang, there's that Latin again that I've been admonished by Val The Great not to use.

What is this 'Val The Great' crap, please? Why twist my username?

Also, help me understand, OMGImInPattaya, how does one of the coolest TV posters suddenly change 180 degrees. Do you switch to some Slow Mode, or something like that?

It is a serious question, and not intended to insult.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It seems there are some key details missing from this snooze-worthy bit of a summary written by a Thai in vague if not misleading language. Inserted somewhere in the story could be that the motorcycle taxi drivers had had enough of witnessing scads of aging farang men parade their mia chao (rented wives) around and act as if they own the joint. Their so-called wives are women who are or were sometimes barely legal and are often young enough to be their daughters or even granddaughters. These are women who are likely calling to and banking on their faen/saamii farang in other provinces or perhaps right around the corner. These are women who were almost certainly trafficked into the commercial sex industry from a young age, thus rendering them with diminished capacity in all respects, save the ability to stroke a needy ego. Does not anyone else wonder what a 48-year-old man is doing with a 26-year-old wife, or a girlfriend that much younger relative to him, aside from what would possess him to have a go at an ATM and what would spur the group of taxi drivers to have a go at him?

NURSE,bring the medication.

smiley-confused004.gif

'They want to kill us!' hysteria in this thread

I dont see any hysteria here.

As you well know, most locals don't want to kill us, it is just something that you made up.

But young local men won't miss an opportunity to give a foreigner a severe beating, is opportunity presents.

They don't just give one punch, to let us know where we stand in their world, they always beat the victim to the pulp.

• Like 1

atm mashines cost $ 3000 to $ 30 000

Thank you for that non-sequitur...dang, there's that Latin again that I've been admonished by Val The Great not to use.
What is this 'Val The Great' crap, please? Why twist my username?

Also, help me understand, OMGImInPattaya, how does one of the coolest TV posters suddenly change 180 degrees. Do you switch to some Slow Mode, or something like that?

It is a serious question, and not intended to insult.

Do you have any sense of humor? Not every post is a matter of life and death.

I was always impressed with your posts on other threads as you addressed the merits of an argument or weaknesses in logic, but in this one, you seem content to sit back and hurl personal insults. Has somebody hijacked your account and it's not the real "Valgehiir" posting this drivel?

Merry Atheist Christmas :)

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

'They want to kill us!' hysteria in this thread

I dont see any hysteria here.

As you well know, most locals don't want to kill us, it is just something that you made up.

But young local men won't miss an opportunity to give a foreigner a severe beating, is opportunity presents.

They don't just give one punch, to let us know where we stand in their world, they always beat the victim to the pulp.

Remember the saying:

"Behind every smile is an angry Thai."

• Like 1

The transport thugs are in on the bank business too? Seriously, why would they CARE about an ATM machine?

Perhaps they had a scanner on it and concerned he may break it. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20>

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691075-beware-christmas-skimmers/

Yes,.. that sounds more plausible.

Why would 7 taxi drivers be so motivated to beat up a crazy farang who was attacking an ATM unless they had some vested interest?

4am,... and 7 taxi bike drivers all happen to be watching over an ATM and could care less that a farang was attacking the ATM. ?

Perhaps they were more concerned that his "attack" attempts would dislodge their "property" (ie. card scanner/capture device)?

I've heard it all now, the moti taxi guys are skimming cards and rebirthing them between doing 20 baht jobs. Seriously the Thai visa FBI branch has worked over time on this one. Move over, Bulgarians , Russians and Malay international skimming syndicates the soi 4 taxi boys are moving into your business. I can see it now som chai reads your cards with a pay and wave catcher when you get your ass and wallet on his seat when he's dropping you at Tops. Do people actually think before they post stuff like the above.

• Like 1

...but considering the quality of the average farang in Pattaya, more likely he was using a stolen or forged card and the machine confiscated it and he got pissed as the jig was up.

So you think a guy who uses a cloned atm card, draws attention to himself, by slamming and kicking the ATM, after the machine doesn't return the cloned, or stolen card? You don't really believe that, do you?

Why are you defending these 7 men, who were using steel bars to severely beat up an unarmed tourist?

You are not this dumb, I KNOW you aren't.

At last somebody with intelligence understands how things actually go down.

The transport thugs are in on the bank business too? Seriously, why would they CARE about an ATM machine?

Perhaps they had a scanner on it and concerned he may break it. biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579 width=20 height=20>

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691075-beware-christmas-skimmers/

Yes,.. that sounds more plausible.

Why would 7 taxi drivers be so motivated to beat up a crazy farang who was attacking an ATM unless they had some vested interest?

4am,... and 7 taxi bike drivers all happen to be watching over an ATM and could care less that a farang was attacking the ATM. ?

Perhaps they were more concerned that his "attack" attempts would dislodge their "property" (ie. card scanner/capture device)?

No. Far more likely one of them started shouting orders at the farang because he knew he'd have lots of back up and would thrive on the power of it. Not only ordereing a farang around, but doing so in a self-righteous manner.

The farang didn't do what he said so the others backed him up and everyone there (seven of them) went in to pound the farang who dared disobey their self-righteous orders.

Many of the lower-class locals are just brimming with repressed emotions that they don't understand

a lifetime's worth of anger and resentment after being shat on their entire life, and having no opportunity to achieve anything but being a peasant Thai male that gets shat on by those higher up.

Letting it out against a farang is a viable option (and no doubt a dream for some) as there will be almost no repurcussions or accountability..

Would these repressed lowlife simpletons have beaten an unknown Thai guy like that? No way.

They can attack Westerners because they are free to do so, and in many cases are longing to.

Exactly.

There is almost no way for a person from a poor family, especially from northern region in Thailand to advance in life.

Usually a Thai guy from Isaan gets to go to school for few years only, after reaching 14, he is put to work.

There is a kast system in Thailand almost, but they dont call it that.

18 yr old Thai guy working on the beach, moving chairs and umbrellas, running to take drink orders at Jomtien gets about 3400 baht every month from boss. He gets 3 meals a day, and he lives in a shead, together with 4 othet guys who do the same job, no rent.

This is not employment in a normal sense. It is much closer to slavery. Without outside help, it is almost impossible for this guy to change a job. With his low salAry he is never able to save enough, to rent a room, and change his job. The 'free' room and his boss feeding him, he is pretty much a slave

Who does he see day in, day out? Foreigners, easily spending a 1000 baht in few hours for drinks and food.

This beach guy has a sister, who works as sex worker, catering to foreigners.

I can see how the resentment, anger builds up, and the only relief he can find is cheap whiskey and maybe some chemicals.

He cant touch a Thai of higher social standing, he will be jailed or worse.

But he can take it out on a foreigner, it is acceptable here, even something to take pride in.

Beach chair guy, motoboy.. Dont matter, they are lowest in Thai sociaty, and they will be until they die.

Only us, foreigners are step lower than they.

• Like 2

This is only a one sided report / news. It is not fair to judge every foreigner or thai based on the complainant's reports.

How do we know that he didn't start to shout at everyone around him? He would not place that in the police report, would he?

If indeed he was beaten without provocation, let the police arrest the 7 and charge them.

So 7 of them came over armed with bottles, steel pipes , chairs and pieces of wood and beat him severely.

Because it takes 7 Thais with weapons to grow enough balls to attack one unarmed foreigner.

These losers all jump at a chance to get some hits in on a foreigner. Pattaya and Phuket are the absolute worst.

• Like 1

Dont matter, they are lowest in Thai society, and they will be until they die.

And that is what brings a smile to my face whenever I read stories like this. The guy they attacked will heal and go on with his life, which is probably a good one. But these scum bags, as you said, they will still be the lowest in Thai society, until the day they die. These 7 animals simply deserve the life of wretchedness that has been handed to them.

• Like 1