Maltese Man Beaten Up By 7 Motorbike Taxi Riders

Rimmer

Maltese Man Beaten Up By 7 Motorbike Taxi Riders

pdn217.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Maltese man who was angry that the ATM machine swallowed his bank card started to attack the ATM machine. The nearby motorbike taxi riders shouted verbal abuse at him to stop but he carried on attacking the machine. So 7 of them came over armed with bottles, steel pipes , chairs and pieces of wood and beat him severely. He then reported it to the police.

PATTAYA – December 23,2013 [PDN]; at 4.00 a.m. Mr. Michael Cassar, aged 48, Maltese nationality, went to notify with Pol. Lt. Col. Phattharasa Dechpharkkul (Investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) with a contused and swollen face and his head was bleeding . He told the police that he was assaulted by a group of motorbike taxi riders who used steel pipes, beer bottles, chairs and pieces of wood to beat him. The incident occurred at the entrance to Soi 4, second road Pattaya.

From questioning Ms. Mai Suwannahong, aged 26, who is the wife of the Maltese victim, said that she and Mr. Michael Cassar (her husband) went to withdraw money from an ATM machine at the beginning of Soi 4 but the ATM machine seized the ATM card and they could not get any money so her husband got angry and attacked the ATM machine in order to get the ATM card back. The nearby motorbike taxi riders 7 in total then came over and assaulted him until he was severely injured.

After initial investigation then the police recorded the incident evidence and let him go to the hospital. The police will inspect the CCTV at the incident point again in order to identify the group of taxi riders in order to issue them with a court summons.

Source:--http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/12/23/maltese-man-beaten-up-by-7-motorbike-taxi-riders/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-12-23

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These guys will find any excuse they can to pound a farang.

Yeah, I think that's it as well. It's a SPORT for those thugs and they know they'll probably get off Scot Free or 500 baht in the worst case scenario. After all they were "protecting" something Thai against a foreign invader, weren't they?

And those poor bastards have to be seven to deal with him...

What has become of Thailand, once so peaceful ?

• Like 2

I blame it all on the som tam seller from another thread.

The above is a prime example of the "most of the foreigners that she saw who were low class and looked terrible ,the way they dressed and all the tattoo's they had and on the whole looked scruffy and dirty ."

Taken from here,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690892-an-ordinary-thais-impression-of-us-westerners/

Probably sent the fashion police round to satisfy our resident Pattaya snobs.

No matter what happened the Maltese didn't deserve that.

7 man beating him with everything they can find, cowards.

I hope somebody at city hall and high ranking police officers knows that this have to stop now, or people will stay away.

There is no excuse not to bust them, 2'road at soi4, well just see which taxi bike riders are allocated that spot and arrest the whole bunch.

• Like 1

Another daft farang...like beating on an ATM machine has ever resulted in ones retained card being returned! I can imagine tue Thais probable said to him to go to the branch to report it and get another card and the victim using some choice words telling them to mind their own business. If he happened to include the "F" word among them this is what probably set them off.

They wouldn't have got aroused to anger by a goofy farang beating on a metal box alone.

Sounds to me like you are justifying this violent gang attack. Strange.

Apparently the sight of a penis on a Thai is enough to justify a broken nose, according to most members on this forum, so I've got no problem with rude and obnoxious foreigners suffering a few bruises (if my theory is correct).

I know you have had your problems with the Pattaya "transport mafia" but immediately jumping on the moto-drivers with no real facts on what happened seems a bit gratuitous to me.

...and immediately jumping on the "stupid farang" bandwagon when you don't know the details either is no different.

All I have to say is from the reported 'facts' it appears 7 Thai's beat up a farang with everything they could get their hands on. Even if he said something rude when approached that still does not warrant the brutal attack.

Sounds to me like a bunch of thugs looking for the slightest excuse to hurt someone, plenty of those a'holes on the planet.

• Like 2

These guys will find any excuse they can to pound a farang.

Yeah, I think that's it as well. It's a SPORT for those thugs and they know they'll probably get off Scot Free or 500 baht in the worst case scenario. After all they were "protecting" something Thai against a foreign invader, weren't they?

And those poor bastards have to be seven to deal with him...

What has become of Thailand, once so peaceful ?

It's considered a team sport in Thailand
  • Like 1

Another daft farang...like beating on an ATM machine has ever resulted in ones retained card being returned! I can imagine tue Thais probable said to him to go to the branch to report it and get another card and the victim using some choice words telling them to mind their own business. If he happened to include the "F" word among them this is what probably set them off.

They wouldn't have got aroused to anger by a goofy farang beating on a metal box alone.

Yo,you imagine to much.

So what's your theory...that the moto-taxi brigade were so distressed at the sight of a foreigner destroying bank property that they were inflamed with spontaneous rage and to protect the banks properry beat the man? Hardly likely!

Cultural sensitivity goes both ways and if foreigners resort to violence at the sight of a penis (and get a slap on the back for it) then Thais can be excused when they lash out when an F-bomb is lobbed in their direction.