Singha Beer Family Scion 'To Change Surname'

Lite Beer

So they're essentially disowning their daughter to protect their bottom line.

Nice.

I prefer Chang anyway

Money above all else... I'd assume that's someone's motto in this little drama.

BTW, people who sell their votes in elections, or ignorantly vote at the direction of someone else -- Thai or other nationalities, rural or urban -- are not participating in a democracy. They're subverting the whole idea of democracy.

I suspect that's the notion she was trying to get across. And it's certainly an apt one for Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this guy up for a hole father of the year?

Your daughter expresses and opinion that you disagree with so you make her change her name

Sorry ... but you sire are a true a hole

by the way .. I agree with her ..

I'm sorry, but her family has apparently worked hard to create a billion dollar company.

Any educated person can clearly see how they don't want their daughter with her childish actions to destroy what they've worked hard for all their lives.

I disagree, I am not for one minute buying the fact that they want to disown her, this is all about the all mighty Thai bahht and them loosing sales. Most of these rich Chinese- Thai elites have this exact same opinion when it comes to the less educated hard working Thai People, she is just basically stating what the majority of them support. This is the one of positives from these demonstrations, that the majority of the population are now becoming more educated to what these elites really think of them, and it will unit them even more and make them even stronger!

• Like 2

Some agree with what Ms. Chitpas said, others don't. Whatever the case, she isn't afraid to speak her mind even if it turns her own family against her. She's also articulate and very impressive on the podium.

Now compare her with the Poo, her complete opposite. Ms. Chitpas speaks well while the Poo you just cringe when she opens her mouth. Ms. Chitpas is here where the action is and is even ducking bombs. Where is our PM Poo? Doing another 'tour' away from trouble as usual. The Poo does whatever she's told by her brother whether or not it's good for the country. Does she agree with what her brother wants her to do? Does she care? Does she even know what's going on? One thing's for sure, one's her own person while the other is a puppet.

Great.

Are you seriously debating whether an airhead fascist with a nice accent is better than an airhead dimwit without an accent?

At least you could probably claim yingluck isn't being false about being ditzy. Other than inheriting cash from grandad, what exactly has this girl ever achieved?

She is a slur on thailand. Wai her? She deserves to be publicly dunked.

Maybe for a giggle, Thaksin will allow foreign companies to manufacture beer in thailand just to spite the whole family.

Many people agree with what Ms. Chitpas said, whether you think it's 'fascist' or not. At least she has the courage to say what many people wouldn't dare say. And even with all the condemnation, even from her own family, she still stands by it. Respect to her for that.

A slur on Thailand? Just because you said so? When we have scum like the Shinawatras running this country deeper into the toilet while enriching themselves, she's a breath of fresh air.

A breath of fresh air ? Possibly the saddest comment I've read this week.

Perhaps. But that's because the Shinwatras have lowered the bar quite a bit for people wanting to go into public service.

Some agree with what Ms. Chitpas said, others don't. Whatever the case, she isn't afraid to speak her mind even if it turns her own family against her. She's also articulate and very impressive on the podium.

Now compare her with the Poo, her complete opposite. Ms. Chitpas speaks well while the Poo you just cringe when she opens her mouth. Ms. Chitpas is here where the action is and is even ducking bombs. Where is our PM Poo? Doing another 'tour' away from trouble as usual. The Poo does whatever she's told by her brother whether or not it's good for the country. Does she agree with what her brother wants her to do? Does she care? Does she even know what's going on? One thing's for sure, one's her own person while the other is a puppet.

Great.

Are you seriously debating whether an airhead fascist with a nice accent is better than an airhead dimwit without an accent?

At least you could probably claim yingluck isn't being false about being ditzy. Other than inheriting cash from grandad, what exactly has this girl ever achieved?

Maybe for a giggle, Thaksin will allow foreign companies to manufacture beer in thailand just to spite the whole family. For those who say its great that she has freedom of speech imagine if she had said , black or christian or women instead of poor and eneducated.

Please let her say Jewish, then the west will really flip out.

Maybe that is her point that a criminal on the run will allow or forbid companies in Thailand what to do......

sjaak327 wrote:

^ Why would he ? I feel sorry for the guy, having a daughter that isn't the brightest of the bunch. Utterly stupid to suggest that rural people are uneducated and therefore she distrust the electoral process. Wonder if Suthep has the same opinion, and when we actually get the abolishment of one man one vote principle, which of course was already advocated by the PAD a few years back.

Scary people.

You are really a poor guy, that you have to feel sorry for a father, who doesn't allow his grown up (>18 years) daughter to have an opinion of her own. I guess if it were for you, all fathers would be like Taksin S.

And if it weren't for Taksin and his cohorts, who had 6+ years time to change the educational system in Thailand, the rural people would have a much better education, know more and could get better paid jobs as well. No other PM has had so much time to change it as did Taksin. But of course he, as all his amnart friends, is not interested in educated people.

If you blame her for that remark, then I'm sure you can show, how much better the average education (= years of attending school) of the people upcountry is versus the people in the cities (incl. provincial cities!)... If my memory serves me right, there were IQ tests some time ago, and the regional differences were obvious, as well as the international ones.

Also I'm waiting for a real test of people on the topic of what democracy means and what role elections have in that. Would certainly be very interesting to read the answers...

SamM.

A person who believes that just because others are "uneducated" and should therefore not be counted equally isn't a very nice person. I indeed feel sorry for the father, somewhere he made a mistake in teaching his spoiled daughter how the world works and how certain things are best left unsaid.

I don't think her IQ test would top a hundred, possibly quite a bit less. Funny you should mention IQ test, as if that would be a clear measurement whether or not people understand why they vote for someone.

In any normal western democracy, people like this one would be ignored and their political career would be absolutely over.

• Like 1

Great.

Maybe for a giggle, Thaksin will allow foreign companies to manufacture beer in thailand just to spite the whole family.

Many people agree with what Ms. Chitpas said, whether you think it's 'fascist' or not. At least she has the courage to say what many people wouldn't dare say. And even with all the condemnation, even from her own family, she still stands by it. Respect to her for that.

A slur on Thailand? Just because you said so? When we have scum like the Shinawatras running this country deeper into the toilet while enriching themselves, she's a breath of fresh air.

I say that the amart of Thailand are a menace who have bought governments for years and been extended benefit way beyond the norm

These businesses hiding behind tariffs and protection proclaiming that they know what is good for thailand whilst they have a vested interest in continuing the status quo are a scourge on the country.

How do I know? I worked for one. He just happens to be on the other side.

As.for agreeing with her.

Fascism is a very attractive drug.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

Great.

I say that the amart of Thailand are a menace who have bought governments for years and been extended benefit way beyond the norm

These businesses hiding behind tariffs and protection proclaiming that they know what is good for thailand whilst they have a vested interest in continuing the status quo are a scourge on the country.

How do I know? I worked for one. He just happens to be on the other side.

As.for agreeing with her.

Fascism is a very attractive drug.

Once again, it's the faceless and evil "ammarts" pulling the strings blah blah blah. And once again, we have someone who claims to have inside knowledge of what's really going on behind the scenes. Yes, this being Thaivisa, we believe you. Really we do!

sjaak327 wrote:

^ Why would he ? I feel sorry for the guy, having a daughter that isn't the brightest of the bunch. Utterly stupid to suggest that rural people are uneducated and therefore she distrust the electoral process. Wonder if Suthep has the same opinion, and when we actually get the abolishment of one man one vote principle, which of course was already advocated by the PAD a few years back.

Scary people.

You are really a poor guy, that you have to feel sorry for a father, who doesn't allow his grown up (>18 years) daughter to have an opinion of her own. I guess if it were for you, all fathers would be like Taksin S.

And if it weren't for Taksin and his cohorts, who had 6+ years time to change the educational system in Thailand, the rural people would have a much better education, know more and could get better paid jobs as well. No other PM has had so much time to change it as did Taksin. But of course he, as all his amnart friends, is not interested in educated people.

If you blame her for that remark, then I'm sure you can show, how much better the average education (= years of attending school) of the people upcountry is versus the people in the cities (incl. provincial cities!)... If my memory serves me right, there were IQ tests some time ago, and the regional differences were obvious, as well as the international ones.

Also I'm waiting for a real test of people on the topic of what democracy means and what role elections have in that. Would certainly be very interesting to read the answers...

SamM.

A person who believes that just because others are "uneducated" and should therefore not be counted equally isn't a very nice person. I indeed feel sorry for the father, somewhere he made a mistake in teaching his spoiled daughter how the world works and how certain things are best left unsaid.

I don't think her IQ test would top a hundred, possibly quite a bit less. Funny you should mention IQ test, as if that would be a clear measurement whether or not people understand why they vote for someone.

In any normal western democracy, people like this one would be ignored and their political career would be absolutely over.

She never said that. You're deliberately misquoting her.

What she said was "... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas"

And the fact of the matter is, many people believe that. For her to say it out loud when many others don't have the guts to say it takes courage. And to stand by what she says even to the point of causing conflict within her family is admirable.

People like you can call her all kinds of names if you want. You may think she's stupid but seeing how our present PM has lowered the bar so much, well Ms. Chitpas seems a genius compared to Poo.

• Like 2

sjaak327 wrote:

Scary people.

SamM.

She never said that. You're deliberately misquoting her.

What she said was "... many Thais lack a true understanding of democracy... especially in the rural areas"

And the fact of the matter is, many people believe that. For her to say it out loud when many others don't have the guts to say it takes courage. And to stand by what she says even to the point of causing conflict within her family is admirable.

People like you can call her all kinds of names if you want. You may think she's stupid but seeing how our present PM has lowered the bar so much, well Ms. Chitpas seems a genius compared to Poo.

I think they are basically peas in a pod

It's not really "courage" when you're insulting the people that you need to get on your side in order to win an election. The reason why the Democrats have lost every election for 23 years is exactly what Ms. Chitpas said. They think the rural poor are stupid. Ms. Chitpas just went a step further than your average Democrat and basically said it out loud.

What the Democrats are saying is "if you don't vote for us, you have no clue and are not Democratic".

That is not democracy, that is dictatorship.

Democracy is when people vote and you accept what those people have voted.

Whoever thought Thailand was ever a real 'democracy' have to have their heads examined.

True democracy doesn't work here. The winners end up stealing and ruling the country right into the toilet while the losers will never accept the results. This country needs equal power shared between the Dems and the PTP(sans any Dubal influence). This way, they can watch each other like hawks and each side has enough power to make sure the other side doesn't screw up too badly.

Edited by TVGerry
  • Like 1

It's not really "courage" when you're insulting the people that you need to get on your side in order to win an election. The reason why the Democrats have lost every election for 23 years is exactly what Ms. Chitpas said. They think the rural poor are stupid. Ms. Chitpas just went a step further than your average Democrat and basically said it out loud.

What the Democrats are saying is "if you don't vote for us, you have no clue and are not Democratic".

That is not democracy, that is dictatorship.

Democracy is when people vote and you accept what those people have voted.

Whoever thought Thailand was ever a real 'democracy' have to have their heads examined.

True democracy doesn't work here. The winners end up stealing and ruling the country right into the toilet while the losers will never accept the results. This country needs equal power shared between the Dems and the PTP(sans any Dubal influence). This way, they can watch each other like hawks and each side has enough power to make sure the other side doesn't screw up too badly.

So the answer obviously is to dump democracy altogether because a inherited millionairess tells us that the people are too stupid to understand?????

My God this country needs help. How about she keeps her stupid gob shut or start helping to find a way to get MORE democracy/transparency/accountability and not less.

Of course if I was really stupid I would reckon that to smash corruption and get more democracy the logical thing to do would be would be to support a guy like Suthep because he had such a good track record and a ditzy bird like this because she had loads of cash because her granddad could make beer???????

I mean I just instinctively trust her judgement in supporting such an upstanding man such as Suthep. He's just such a beacon of honesty. I await her renouncing her family wealth just to show her principled sacrifice to the country.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

Basil wrote:

She looks very nice and I assume she has plenty of money, she can have my family name.tongue.png

This is the first reasonable post in here...

But aside from that, can we please, PLEASE stop calling each other and even some more others fascists. I can understand, that for many here fascism is a real evil thing, but that is still a couple of levels worse than what we have here at hand. There is no fascist (or "duce") Suthep, nor is there a fascist Yingluck or Chitpas. Even Taksin, who didn't care about what foreigners call him didn't manage to be of the quality of a Hitler. On second thought, he was maybe closer to that clown known as the "Duce", but even that was some way further down the line. I always have the name Berlusconi coming up, when I think of Mr. T. (not the bunga bunga side, the other, where he mixed private business interests with the government's money). C'mon folks, there are other names to be used here, not just "fascist". You're doing a disservice to the people who got killed when opposing fascism.

Sam M.

Basil wrote:

She looks very nice and I assume she has plenty of money, she can have my family name.tongue.png

This is the first reasonable post in here...

But aside from that, can we please, PLEASE stop calling each other and even some more others fascists. I can understand, that for many here fascism is a real evil thing, but that is still a couple of levels worse than what we have here at hand. There is no fascist (or "duce") Suthep, nor is there a fascist Yingluck or Chitpas. Even Taksin, who didn't care about what foreigners call him didn't manage to be of the quality of a Hitler. On second thought, he was maybe closer to that clown known as the "Duce", but even that was some way further down the line. I always have the name Berlusconi coming up, when I think of Mr. T. (not the bunga bunga side, the other, where he mixed private business interests with the government's money). C'mon folks, there are other names to be used here, not just "fascist". You're doing a disservice to the people who got killed when opposing fascism.

Sam M.

fascism

ˈfaʃɪz(ə)m,-sɪz(ə)m/Submit

noun

an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy, absolute rule

I stopped short.of taking the more extreme ends of the definiton, but where don't her words fit?

• Like 2

Don't her views reflect those held by the yellow bellies? If not expressed so forthright in public it is certainly expressed in private and implicitly expressed in their actions.

Her views don't reflect those of the yellow shirt hillbillies from the south of course. I mean the Bangkokian yellow bellies.

Must drive the high-so's crazy at the protests and look around and see all these people from the south of the country. Especially to see those from as far south in Thailand as you can go! They're basically Malaysian at that point.

No the very south aren't that many in this movement. The main is Nakhon Si Thammerat, Surat, Ranong, etc etc

Ranong styles itself as the 1st province of the south.

If she fancies the surname Soul, I would seriously consider a marriage proposal. And probably accept a proposition.

But you're a farang, no chance. Half of her supporters on here would probably revise their opinions of her if she was given space to further expand on her views. Fascism and xenophobia tend to go hand in hand.

One of the tenets of democracy is "I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it." But, limiting the statement to rural people shows M/s Chitpas' bias.

Of course! She needs to realise that uneducated rural people that move to the city don't suddenly become educated; that's how we get urban red shirts.

She is not part of the democrat party?

She was a secretary or intern or some thing for the prime minister's office when abhisit was there.

She showed her new world modern view of the role of women by getting caught handing out company calendars.

She's a democrat. Maybe not an MP, but please let's not spilt hairs. She got an endorsement for her freedom to air her views from abhisit for gods sake. Why should he give a dam?

She is an arrogant elite who believes that poor Thais are uneducated and therefore don't understand democracy and therefore shouldn't be counted as one man one vote. Thailand loses both ways. On one hand they get folks who think like her. On the other, they get a huckster and puppet like Yingluck.

• Like 2

I'm still in favor of removing all Thai politicians and parties and installing a UN government for the next 150 years.

That's about as democratic and scornful of the rural voters understanding of democracy as this woman's views, who by the by is not a Democrat as you said earlier. Like Suthep and others they have left the Dems to form their own little fascist grouping. Her views and that of PCAD are not those of the Democrats. I have not seen any reports of Dems calling for votes to be restricted or calling any of the electorate uneducated about democracy. PCAD and the Dems are not the same and if Suthep ever gets into power the Dems will suffer as much as PT will under his lunatic schemes.

She is an arrogant elite who believes that poor Thais are uneducated and therefore don't understand democracy and therefore shouldn't be counted as one man one vote. Thailand loses both ways. On one hand they get folks who think like her. On the other, they get a huckster and puppet like Yingluck.

Tragic isn't it.

I'm still in favor of removing all Thai politicians and parties and installing a UN government for the next 150 years.

That's about as democratic and scornful of the rural voters understanding of democracy as this woman's views, who by the by is not a Democrat as you said earlier. Like Suthep and others they have left the Dems to form their own little fascist grouping. Her views and that of PCAD are not those of the Democrats. I have not seen any reports of Dems calling for votes to be restricted or calling any of the electorate uneducated about democracy. PCAD and the Dems are not the same and if Suthep ever gets into power the Dems will suffer as much as PT will under his lunatic schemes.

Well if the choice is dictatorship, can we import a good one?

• Like 1

She is not part of the democrat party?

She was a secretary or intern or some thing for the prime minister's office when abhisit was there.

She showed her new world modern view of the role of women by getting caught handing out company calendars.

She's a democrat. Maybe not an MP, but please let's not spilt hairs. She got an endorsement for her freedom to air her views from abhisit for gods sake. Why should he give a dam?

Edward Mosely was a member of both the Tory and Labour parties before he left to form his blackshirt british national union of fascists (or something like that). Fascists tend to be part of a party and when they find it does not allow for their more extreme views they leave and form another. Mussolini did the same thing. Suthep and his ilk may have been part of the Dems but they have left and are spouting a more vile type of nationalistic fascism. I agree the dems have been stupid in that they seem to be following the idiotic notion of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but they are not the same type of authoritarian elitist bigots that PCAD are.