Thank god for google street view on most tourist places in thailand

ultimate weapon

Honestly if you are like a tourist to visit a new country including thailand or even a long time resident it's really good to check the street view of the area to see how it looks like. Before you visit the place itself and stay at the hotel physically you already have a rough idea of where to walk and so on.

In a country where they have so many rouge taxi, tuk tuk drivers waiting to rip off unsuspecting tourists sometimes it's just better to walk.

Edited by ultimate weapon
  • Like 1

Forewarned is forearmed! I had to drive to Imperial lat Prao for visa business during the Chaeng Wattana shut down the other week and found perusing google maps and street view in the comfort of home most rewarding....drove there without a hitch..! and tried an alternate road home...piece of piss!!! I prefer sat nav to the wife's crap nav skills, but checking the route beforehand is much more relaxing.

• Like 1

Streetview is very handy, especially when you are looking for a business, restaurant, street address as it gives you a feel for your destination before you get there.

http://bk.asia-city.com/city-living/article/google-street-view-thailand-progress

It sounds like they've covered ~ 25 provinces, and the back-pack camera sounds pretty cool.

I think a driver, mrseven, posts in this Thai thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?s=f29db4ae181e2924d15fa5409fb6ae86&t=1438146&page=22