His and Her Hyper-Critical Days Are Behind Them Now

MrGaoMungGawn

Hello My Friends,

During this and every holiday season, it is my won't to share a story with all my children in the boat.

Here is a story about a man and woman, a couple, who once were fond of posting on ThaiVisaForum. They have stopped posting these days, but I think it is because they just got tired out from the subject about which they were posting.

This pair was from the west, not the wild west, but the civilized west, one from across the pond, and the other one from the opposite side of the pond.

What really drew them together and solidified their relationship was their penchant for daily nitpicking about what they saw in Thailand, both the South Region, the Middle Region, and the North Region. They would nit, and they would pick, and they would sit down with a HighBall, and post their comments on TVF into the wee hours almost every day.

The thing is, no matter how hard they tried, and how lucid their arguments and verbiage, they just never felt satisfied and happy with their existence in Thailand. If they were riding in a Tuk-Tuk, then they could think up a dozen good things to post on TVF the next day, or that night if they returned home sober enough.

Why should I list the many ways these two found fault with almost everything in Thailand and with the Kon Thai? I should not.

Suffice to say, It seemed to almost everyone that the more these two lost souls wrote the less they remembered to abide by Rule 8! They even forgot how to say Rule 8 in Thai!, if they ever knew, which no one knows.

So I am just telling you that now is the Holiday Season. I do not like reading Hyper Critical stories about anyone, and since I am now in Thailand, I especially do not like reading Hyper Critical stories, comments and remarks about Kon Thai, the people who are becoming more and more my friends, the longer I remain in Thailand.

Some people say there are other writers on TVF who sometimes do not pay enough heed to Rule 8. You can decide for yourselves if this is true, and I just want to say again that this is the Holiday Season.

That is all I have to say, and I hope I did not bore some of you.

Best regards,

Merry Xmas,

Happy New Year

Mr. MungGawn Gao

PS: Yes, I know Hyper-Critical is not hyphenated.

I don't see how anyone that had seen the 2012 Division II Final at Kelana Jaya could be critical of Thailand. The first try was a piece of good fortune, but a kick is only as good as the chase, and you have to be in the right place at the right time to benefit.

Dogged defence and seizing their opportunities; inspiring role models for anyone of any country.

They're now back down in Division II for 2014, but I don't know where the competition will be held - probably Qatar, or maybe Thailand. Maybe not Qatar, if it will be in June again this year

SC

I don't see how anyone that had seen the 2012 Division II Final at Kelana Jaya could be critical of Thailand. The first try was a piece of good fortune, but a kick is only as good as the chase, and you have to be in the right place at the right time to benefit.

Dogged defence and seizing their opportunities; inspiring role models for anyone of any country.

They're now back down in Division II for 2014, but I don't know where the competition will be held - probably Qatar, or maybe Thailand. Maybe not Qatar, if it will be in June again this year

SC

You read my mind!

SC

You read my mind!

in pictures!

(and words)

Edited by StreetCowboy

SC

You read my mind!

in pictures!

(and words)

Cute (naarak), but nice, a veritable Blow-by-Blow of the 'Game-of-Life", almost. Have you been lately reading the late Howard Cosell, Sports Ill, who wrote:

The importance that our society attaches to sport is incredible. After all, is football a game or a religion? The people of this country have allowed sports to get completely out of hand.

Howard Cosell

(I would have hit the like button, but it does not work, like everything else around here. Merry Christmas, and may the next be a better year!)

Edited by MrGaoMungGawn

SC

You read my mind!

in pictures!

(and words)

Cute (naarak), but nice, a veritable Blow-by-Blow of the 'Game-of-Life", almost. Have you been lately reading the late Howard Cosell, Sports Ill, who wrote:

The importance that our society attaches to sport is incredible. After all, is football a game or a religion? The people of this country have allowed sports to get completely out of hand.

Howard Cosell

(I would have hit the like button, but it does not work, like everything else around here. Merry Christmas, and may the next be a better year!)

As Bill Shankley said "It's not a matter of life and death - it's much more important than that".

I suppose we all want to believe in a Higher Power that we can serve in our own peculiar way

SC

Merry Christmas to all my friends in TV-land; it wouldn't be Christmas without Noddy, as my dear old late grandmother used to say

Edited by StreetCowboy