Farangs with Thai Women

Phoenix1312

I really want to know why western men get caught up with the nightmare of being with a Thai woman. When are they going to learn it's all about the money. I read so often about men committing suicide and it is unbelievable. I moved to Phuket with my husband after buying a restaurant. Within 3 months he was cheating with a Thai woman. Go figure.

I think its dangerous for a western wife to live in Thailand with her husband. I would almost guarantee he will wander, in most cases secretly. You can't compete with the looks of a Thai, unless you are very attractive and slim.

But, I agree its all about the money,as long as the money flows it will be OK.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There are millions of western women who are more beautiful than the average Thai woman so it is not dangerous for western women to live in Thailand with their husbands.

Studies indicate men who cheat usually cheat WITH uglier and less attractive women so there you go....

Come on, keep it real. Often older men and their western wives come to Thailand, how can they compete with a younger more attractive model, and let's face it its easy to find it.

Well, younger women everywhere usually look better than older women but still....usually men cheat with women less attractive than their Wives and men who cheat are usually not happy emotionally....they want someone to listen to them which I guess younger women do.. Edited by Shayne123

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The danger for any woman in Thailand, Thai or otherwise, is that there are so many young Thai girls/women in Thailand.

Men in general, but particularly Asian men, like young/younger women.

Thai women know this. This is why they feel, and are considered, old past 30 years of age.

Let's face it, it is very hard to resist a pretty young Thai girl.

For the OP: your husband probably did/does love you, but, surely at that moment, he did not love you enough.

What do the suicides by foreigner men in Thailand have to do with your husband cheating on you with a Thai woman?

Or is your impression that Thai women drive foreign men to suicide and therefore you ask yourself why did your husband cheat

with a Thai woman? And maybe now you wonder why your husband does not commit suicide over you? Is that your real thought behind it?

• Like 1

Sorry this thread has TROLL written all over it .... Changed thread ......coffee1.gif

Kindly enlighten me on how you believe this to be the work of a troll ? Reading the OP's comments very carefully, I actually believe she is wearing her heart on her sleeve. Bitter ? probably, racist ? Possibly, Broken Hearted ? Absolutely. A troll she is not.

I also believe that Western women are more affected by this type of marital behavior than their Asian sisters, and let's be honest, she is for sure not the first woman to be cheated on and will certainly not be the last.

Here in Chiang Mai we have a large group of retired western couples. While I have seen some couples torn apart by the same experience as the OP's, the vast majority of the western couples do stay together, and happily. The ones who split seem to do so within a year of arrival and I suspect the husband had a history of cheating in the past, but was able to hide it better. Once he retired and had time on his hands, he became bolder and decided he wanted to make major changes about how he wanted to spend his retirement years. The old "kid in the candy store" routine.

I encourage the poor women in this situation to make a clean break and protect themselves financially. Many actually think it's a good idea to remain married, rather than trying to unravel issues related to shared finances, dependent retirement visas, etc. Big mistake. I've seen cases where the guy has a major health issue and the new Thai GF dumps the guy back onto the wife for care.

I'd encourage the OP to move to Chiang Mai -- in addition to many happy retired western couples, there are also many, confident retired western women living very full rich lives. Perhaps it's time for her to move on.

• Like 2

The OP is going through a high stress period of grief.

The five stages of grief are:

1. Denial and Isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

She seems to be at about stage 2 at the moment.

I wish her luck reaching stage 5 ASAP.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

Your husband cheated on you with a Thai-woman, because you did not "take care" of him. Its that simple!

Instead of blaming Thai-women, you should get to know them and talk with them. Because you can learn a lot from Thai-women, when it comes to relationships and how to take good care of a man.

So blame yourself... Not Thai-women. And by the way... Not all Thai-woman are after money.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 2

Your husband cheated on you with a Thai-woman, because you did not "take care" of him. Its that simple!

Instead of blaming Thai-women, you should get to know them and talk with them. Because you can learn a lot from Thai-women, when it comes to relationships and how to take good care of a man.

So blame yourself... Not Thai-women.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/88503/are-thais-really-the-most-adulterous-couples-in-the-world/

This study claims Thai women and men are one of the most adulterous people around so your answer doesn't make sense.

And by the way, your answer sounds abusive and bitter.

Edited by Shayne123
  • Like 2

I really want to know why western men get caught up with the nightmare of being with a Thai woman. When are they going to learn it's all about the money. I read so often about men committing suicide and it is unbelievable. I moved to Phuket with my husband after buying a restaurant. Within 3 months he was cheating with a Thai woman. Go figure.

I think its dangerous for a western wife to live in Thailand with her husband. I would almost guarantee he will wander, in most cases secretly. You can't compete with the looks of a Thai, unless you are very attractive and slim.

There are millions of western women who are more beautiful than the average Thai woman so it is not dangerous for western women to live in Thailand with their husbands.

Studies indicate men who cheat usually cheat WITH uglier and less attractive women so there you go....

<There are millions of western women who are more beautiful than the average Thai woman>

Though jest surely? 555555555555555555

Millions of western men don't visit Thailand for the ugly women.

• Like 2

A strong, independant empowered western woman learns the dynamics of sexual market value and where she stands in the pecking order.

And suddenly she must accept that everything she learned over the years does not fit with nature and reality. With globalization, more and more men realize they have options. And women can adapt, or end up lonely and bitter.

Your choice.

• Like 1

<There are millions of western women who are more beautiful than the average Thai woman>

They do if these women are younger than them and willing. Edited by Shayne123

A strong, independant empowered western woman learns the dynamics of sexual market value and where she stands in the pecking order.

And suddenly she must accept that everything she learned over the years does not fit with nature and reality. With globalization, more and more men realize they have options. And women can adapt, or end up lonely and bitter.

Your choice.

<strong, independant empowered western woman>

Used by PC people in the west to try and excuse why arrogant, domineering and outright bitchy women are disliked by men.

• Like 2

They certainly seem to in all the sex tourist areas. wai2.gif

And you are intimately familiar with all the sex tourist areas in Thailand???????????

..i know its hard for some guys to comprehend..but there are TONS of happy farang couples in THailand. To say that a farang woman cannot compete with the looks of a Thai demonstrates only your blind-sightedness and reflects only what you could not obtain prior to being here. Most farang women feel no need to "compete" (with any woman of any nationality) because they are in happy relationships. This is what you call normal.

In all honestly, its likey that most of the guys here couldnt get the same Thai lady they have with them here, if she was in the west..because she would be with something more matching.

In any case, call me cynical, but i imagine the OP is just a bored trawling male.

<there are TONS of happy farang couples in THailand>

Do tell 55555555555555.

<Most farang women feel no need to "compete" (with any woman of any nationality) because they are in happy relationships>

If that were true, why is the divorce rate in the west around 50%?

<its likey that most of the guys here couldnt get the same Thai lady they have with them here, if she was in the west>

Which is why they are here and not back "home".

"I really want to know why western men get caught up with the nightmare of being with a Thai woman. When are they going to learn it's all about the money. Go figure."

"Inflammatory posts removed

I am not questioning moderation but I don't see how you cannot think this OP is inflamatory.

If the OP was re-written to only focus on the stereotypical, allegorical premise of this thread, then I wouldn't object. However after reading this post all I can say is if this is her attitude it is little surpise that she has trouble. It is racist, sexist, ageist garbage.

As for your husband cheating, that's life and would have happened if you were back home too. Cannot blame the temptations but focus on the other things in the relationship. Either forgive or move on, not much else to do. Even your name "cheated" shows that you have some serious issues and need to deal with them to move on with your life. Personally, I don't get too hung up on the topic of cheating. I don't judge others, nor put the same prudent attitude on it. I think that there are much worse things out there than finding someone else that suits your immediate needs. I would think that I could forgive my wife is she did as long as we addressed the issue that created the situation. I think that the OP is having a hard time examining that she may have had something to do with it, so blaming the temptous Thais is an easy out.

As far as attractiveness, trust me cheating has little to nothing to do with that. Even though my wife is Thai, I too think that there are very few woman in Thailand that can compete with the most beautiful women of my home country. But overall there are far more average looking women whereas in the US, you have the spectrum. Compared to Korea women here don't really strive for the same level. For me though, I actually prefer the down to earth type and not the beauty queen.

I would love if the OP was changed. I think the overall thread would change and it wouldn't upset so many. My wife at this moment wants to punch the OP in the face and suggests that she leave Thailand. Because her broad stroke of everything Thailand encompasses us, even though the OP wasn't intending to do so.

If the OP's comments were "why do people get in unequal relationships for the wrong reasons?, she would get better responses and not alienate those of us that have found our equal in women from Thailand.

FYI OP there aren't that many suicides over these issues. The ones that do were not stable to begin with. Thailand attracts all kinds, those that are stable and have something to offer this world, don't just end it over a bad relationship.

The OP says originally "When are they [ farangs] going to learn it's all about the money.

I am fairly sure that it is about security. This is similar to money, but not exactly the same .

We Westerners have a quaint idea that people will fall in love with us forever, whatever the outcome, and condition of ourselves..

But it isn't true.

Can we really be condescending about the motives of an Isaan girl whose father earns $US 7000 a year or so,

Some people say the girls are more mercenary the further North you go.

They certainly scared the hell out of me up there in Udon Thani, and Khon Kaen .

I have spent most of my time a lot of time in Cha-am, which is populated by many Westerners.

They all seemed to have more money than me, but they would say ..

compared to UK, Holland, Norway or what have you, this is inexpensive.

I would always advise a Westerner not to attempt income earning in Thailand.

It is best to earn in the higher currency country.

..i know its hard for some guys to comprehend..but there are TONS of happy farang couples in THailand. To say that a farang woman cannot compete with the looks of a Thai demonstrates only your blind-sightedness and reflects only what you could not obtain prior to being here. Most farang women feel no need to "compete" (with any woman of any nationality) because they are in happy relationships. This is what you call normal.

In all honestly, its likey that most of the guys here couldnt get the same Thai lady they have with them here, if she was in the west..because she would be with something more matching.

In any case, call me cynical, but i imagine the OP is just a bored trawling male.

Well, I do agree that there are many happy Farang couples here in Thailand - BUT not many were the husband does not stray from time to time or has not been with a Thai-woman at some point. Same goes for the married Farang-men coming here on business. Very very few, do not find time to spend a couple of hours with a beautiful Thai-girl, when the wife is at lunch with her expat-friends.

I find western women very naive, when it comes to believing that their men do not stray from time to time here. They all think their man is perfect and the only one that does not go with Thai-women. Guess why the sex-industry is so huge here...

Just my opinion based on the many expat men I know and business men coming here... (sorry guys for revealing the truth - hope your farang-wifes do not read this...)

And btw... Only very few western women can compete to thai-women, when it comes to looks. And unfortunately most men do like good looking sexy women.

Western women are known for their beauty all around the world. There is no competition.

Edited by Shayne123

This happened to a friend of mine in Phuket. Her and her husband were from London and retired there in their early fifties. It wasn't long until he'd gone off with a bar girl and left his wife of 25 years. She had a terrible struggle, he left her with nothing. Not long after that he had a heart attack and passed away. I haven't heard from her for a couple of years now and just hope she is okay.

I've also had Thai friends who married farang who've taken them back to the UK and treated them very badly, only for them to 'escape' and back to the same old life.

The whole world needs to find kindness and everyone needs to start caring for one another regardless of nationality.

Too right MJP.

Well, I do agree that there are many happy Farang couples here in Thailand - BUT not many were the husband does not stray from time to time or has not been with a Thai-woman at some point. Same goes for the married Farang-men coming here on business. Very very few, do not find time to spend a couple of hours with a beautiful Thai-girl, when the wife is at lunch with her expat-friends.

I find western women very naive, when it comes to believing that their men do not stray from time to time here. They all think their man is perfect and the only one that does not go with Thai-women. Guess why the sex-industry is so huge here...

Just my opinion based on the many expat men I know and business men coming here... (sorry guys for revealing the truth - hope your farang-wifes do not read this...)

And btw... Only very few western women can compete to thai-women, when it comes to looks. And unfortunately most men do like good looking sexy women.

I feel a bit sorry for you khunpa..as you havent seen solidarity much i guess.

If you want to talk about the base factor..well, I have a farang female friends that are just stunning..but with personalities to match also. Some men like the whole package including mental stimulation too and wont give up that for a frolick with an everyday girl. Granted, some of my friends guys just arent interested or attracted to Asian women..so maybe that helps..but honestly, even if a guy has a penchant for blondes and is living in Scandinavia, if he has any worth he isnt off bagging girls behind his partners back.

Personally I met my farang partner here in Thailand, after he had messed about for many years with girls here. He is no longer interested in the women here (not from me asking that, from observation). If i was ever to feel threatened by anything, it would be from another farang woman, not a Thai. But, just as he has faith in me to have enough respect for him not to go off with guys who are interested in me, i have to have faith in him too.

• Like 1

to shayne123 "western women are known for their beauty around the world".....................really?I come from the UK and have lived in OZ many years...........and i have to disagree!

Yes, really. Even in Asia more western looking women are seen as beautiful. England is not the only western part of the world although Kate Beginsale in English and men drool over her.

Western women are known for their beauty all around the world. There is no competition.

Wondering why so many western men then stray when in Thailand, instead of staying staying home with their "beautiful" western wife...

What is it that attracts them to Thai-women? It for sure can not be their intellectual level and the deep discussion they can have with the Thai-women... Could it be a nice figure, sexy clothes, a nice smile and a soap smelling body?

• Like 2

Wondering why so many western men then stray when in Thailand, instead of staying staying home with their "beautiful" western wife...

What is it that attracts them to Thai-women? It for sure can not be their intellectual level and the deep discussion they can have with the Thai-women... Could it be a nice figure, sexy clothes, a nice smile and a soap smelling body?

Do so many stray when in Thailand???

("Could it be a nice figure, sexy clothes, a nice smile and a soap smelling body?" ..Jesus, you mean you couldnt get that in your western partner? Ho ho....that says a lot....)

Without going into specifics, and I don't want to get deleted, < you mean you couldnt get that in your western partner > NO. Been there, done that with the western woman. No contest.