7 day extension of 30 day exemption visa on emergency travel doc

Hi - I had UK passport stolen in Cambodia with my Thai tourist visa . I managed to get Emergency travel doc and back into Thailand for 30 days - however my next flight is booked in 37 days (booked some time ago). I read that a 30 day exemption can be extended for 7 if you make application inside 15 days and pay 1900 baht - but what I can't find out is if this is possible on an emergency passport ..... Does any one know ?

Should be no problem, take proof of your flight within 7 days with you just in case they ask for it.

Apply for it a few days before your permisison to stay ends and take 1,900 baht and a passport photo and copy of your passport and arrival card with you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you have to go to apply for the extension? I'm travelling from Australia next week, with 32 days until my flight home (already booked). I know we can get a 30 day visa on arrival, but what is the go with two days over-stay? Will they pick that up on arrival? If I don't apply for an extension is it just a case of paying a fine on departure? Thanks for any advice.

The airline might pick it up when you try to boards your flight and not let you board, since your flight out is more than 30 days later.

If you have no problems getting here it won't be an issue with immigration. Two days overstay is 1000 baht, 500 baht/day, a 7 day extension is 1900 baht.

Thanks for the info'. I'm talking to the Consulate now to sort it out. They of course recommend to apply for the correct visa. She was indicating that apart from a fine on departure there may be other consequences, though she wouldn't tell me what. But if I can't get out of Australia that would be moot! Going to simplify things by getting a visa, even though that means a trip to Sydney.

Thanks for the info'. I'm talking to the Consulate now to sort it out. They of course recommend to apply for the correct visa. She was indicating that apart from a fine on departure there may be other consequences, though she wouldn't tell me what. But if I can't get out of Australia that would be moot! Going to simplify things by getting a visa, even though that means a trip to Sydney.

The "other consequences" that she most likely was talking about are that if you do overstay and are caught by the BIB for any reason you could be arrested and deported. With all of the BS that's currently going on it's best to get a visa. Can't you do it by post?