Healthy Breakfast Options

Tolley

Continental Bakery just roung the corner from C Tales offers a mindblowing number of breakfasts ranging from super healthy to healthy.

Best in Patts.

Actually I have to disagree, its not superhealthy stuff at Continental, the superfoods which C Tales offers are really healthy, they are the only one around Pattaya which offers these kind of ''superfoods''.

Further more if we talking about a good breakfast in Pattaya I have to recommend Loaf at Soi Lengkee, thats even better then Continental IMO :)

• Like 1

If the subject here is about "healthy breakfast options," please allow to add a Thai breakfast item: rice porridge. Sorry, I can't remember the Thai word for it, but you see lots of Thais eating it in the morning. It is warm and bland (but you can add spices; also can add chicken/pork sausage or shrimp). I like it as an alternative to Western food, even though I really dislike most Thai food. One more thing, it often has "ginger " in it, which I think is healthy for many reasons.

If the subject here is about "healthy breakfast options," please allow to add a Thai breakfast item: rice porridge. Sorry, I can't remember the Thai word for it, but you see lots of Thais eating it in the morning. It is warm and bland (but you can add spices; also can add chicken/pork sausage or shrimp). I like it as an alternative to Western food, even though I really dislike most Thai food. One more thing, it often has "ginger " in it, which I think is healthy for many reasons.

That is called khao thom ข้าวต้ม. Nice when you have a cold. Plain rice doesn't do much good for you, however.

Just plain ol' bacon/sausage and eggs is a healthy enough breakfast. Skip the toast and jam, the beans, the orange juice, the potatoes. Add tomato and cucumber, which Thai restaurants usually have around.

• Like 1

That is called khao thom ข้าวต้ม. Nice when you have a cold. Plain rice doesn't do much good for you, however.

Just plain ol' bacon/sausage and eggs is a healthy enough breakfast. Skip the toast and jam, the beans, the orange juice, the potatoes. Add tomato and cucumber, which Thai restaurants usually have around.

Rubbish!

A common additive used in bacon and ham could fuel the growth of cancers, research suggests. High doses of inorganic phosphate salts – which are used to enhance the texture and flavour of processed meats – increased the size of tumours in mice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1102368/Additives-used-bacon-ham-chicken-make-cancers-grow.html

Bacon, sausage, hot dogs and processed meats hike cancer risk by 67% due to chemical preservative, says nutritionist

Edited by Asiantravel

Rubbish!

A common additive used in bacon and ham could fuel the growth of cancers, research suggests. High doses of inorganic phosphate salts – which are used to enhance the texture and flavour of processed meats – increased the size of tumours in mice.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1102368/Additives-used-bacon-ham-chicken-make-cancers-grow.html

Bacon, sausage, hot dogs and processed meats hike cancer risk by 67% due to chemical preservative, says nutritionist

I love it when some of our many nutrition gurus get their panties in wad.

I'm not going to get into an endless bickerfest. Having looked into such studies and understood them in context, and read other studies, I'm not worried. So I stand by what I said--and, believe me, I'm very health conscious.

Maybe this will suffice for you: don't overdo it--as with most things.

Cheers! biggrin.png

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Rubbish!

I love it when some of our many nutrition gurus get their panties in wad.

I'm not going to get into an endless bickerfest. Having looked into such studies and understood them in context, and read other studies, I'm not worried. So I stand by what I said--and, believe me, I'm very health conscious.

Maybe this will suffice for you: don't overdo it--as with most things.

Cheers! biggrin.png

I'm not getting my panties in a wad (as you put it ) whatsoeverermm.gif

it's more about the fact that you are WRONG to use the word healthy when the product has been proved to be potentially carcinogenic?

you are either right or wrong and in this case the NAYS have it giggle.gif

I think it is universally acknowledged that there are risks with processed meats however occasional consumption is probably not going to hurt anyone and I dont see how anyone could say that it increases cancer by any figure. That is totally ridiculous.

Oatmeal with lots of vegetables, a big ass beef steak(interchangeable with 6 eggs), two bottles of water and a bag of almonds with a banana and a coffee for good measure.
That's a healthy breakfast.

Edited by Rimmer
Profane