Non-Immigrant 90 day ED Single Entry Visa

I am sure this question has been asked previously for which I apologise.

I currently have a Non-Immigrant ED single entry visa issued on 05 June 2013 and I commenced a Thai language course (180 lessons) on 24 August 2013, Since the issue of this visa, I have made two 90 day extension, one on the 02 Sept 2013 and a second extension on 26 Nov 2013, which bring my stay up to 03 March 2014 and of course, 90 day address reporting.

I am due to attend immigration again just before 03 March 2014 to apply for a third 90 day extension which will bring me up to end May/beginning June.

As my one year course (180 lessons) actually finishes on 28 June 2014, my question is when reporting to immigration end May/beginning June (ED visa issued 05 June 2013) will I have to leave the country to obtain a further ED visa?

Happy New Year.

I think the schools say that you can renew your 1 year course 2 more times for a total 3 years with the initial ED visa.

Is that correct?

How long you can stay on extensions depends upon the school and how advanced a course of study they can offer. There are some schools that offer classes that would get you up to 5 years. You can also change what you studying also to get more time.

There is no limit on how long you can stay on any non immigrant visa entry. Once in the country you can keep extending your permit stay to infinity.

But they will require proof that you will start a new study and also require proof of when your current study ends.

The day your study ends is when you have to leave the country, so you must make the studies connecting.

Thanks Mario.

Understand Mario. I intend to study for a further 180 lessons and of course will notify the school accordingly and in plenty of time before my current course of study expires on 28 June 2014.

Happy New Year.

Some of the schools that have MOE approved 5 year programs, actually only offer 3 year courses. There are repeats of years 1 and 2 built into their 5 year approved programs. I know of one school that offers at least 10 different programs all approved for 5 years of study. So you could attend school on ED visa extensions for 50 years under the current regulations!

Why not ask school, they know anything. Every situation is different. The only one real thing is a papers from MOE with your personal approved time of study. And to be sure you bring this document to Immigration every time when you extend study. Just check it when you make new extension.