Honda NC700X

dogpoo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at the specs, how much horsepowers come out of the engine? Nowhere mentioned. I only found it was made for people who tend to ride slower than 140kph. Which is not why I'd buy a big bike.

You drive at a speed you feel comfortable at, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving at high speed in this country given the condition of the roads and the standard of driving here, fortunately I don't like and I wouldn't drive at high speed ever, I did not look at how much horsepower this bike had before I bought it, I watched many you tube reviews and decided it was the bike for me, I very much doubt the bike was specifically made for people who like driving at 140kph or under, it suits me!

That was not criticism, with horses comes also torque, but it's not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Sure, 140kph may be fast sometimes and cruising slower is completely ok, but I'd also be able to get the acceleration and kick of 200 sometimes for fun.

Had an SV650 in Singapore. It just made it to that speed, tried one time on the long road besides the Changi runway. Not useful for city driving. But it had that bite that you get from a V-twin. Missing it smile.png

I was considering this one for a while too, but only because I could get it second hand with very low kms. Now when u mentioned ab no hp info I googled to find out more about it and it is possible I can reconsider it next year again when it is NC750. No rush.

"An insider has exclusively revealed the existence of a new, larger 2014 Honda NC750X to RideApart, along with details of its now more-powerful engine.

The Honda NC700X went on-sale just last year as an affordable, economical ADV-style all-rounder. We’ve given it top marks for versatility, ease-of-use and fuel economy but now, with the launch of the 500 range and, particularly theHonda CB500X, it’s positioned a little too closely to cheaper bikes in Honda’s own range.

Adding 50cc to the 670cc parallel-twin will take it to 720cc and add 5 bhp to the existing 47 bhp output, taking it to a total of 52 horses. It’s unclear how much torque will be gained by the new capacity or whether the larger size comes from bore, stroke or both. The existing 670cc motor makes 44 lb.-ft.

Unfortunately, the increased capacity will come with a weight penalty, adding 10 lbs to the NC’s already portly 472 lbs curb weight."

Edited by Nebula
  • Like 1

Engine:

liquid-cooled parallel-twin

Transmission:

Six-speed

Horsepower @ RPM:

51 @ 6250

Torque @ RPM:

45 @ 4750

Energy:

PGM-FI, 36mm throttle body

Displacement:

670 L

IF this helps... for the 700X. Seems it may be different for Europe and USA.The info I posted earlier says its 51 for the NC750x so I dont know what to believe.

What do you guys think about this Givi side luggage, it's the E21 with color coded lid, the luggage is sooo expensive, I don't want to be paying over 60K when it is only going to be used half a dozen times a yr, the E21 is a lot more reasonable at approx 5K per side, bracket is about 11k, it's plenty enough for me along with a top case.

post-166124-13881924871477_thumb.jpg

post-166124-13881922617344_thumb.jpg

I'm not interested in a bike that has big hp, biking should be fun and to me it is exactly that!!

You misunderstood my post; while there's a few posters (one is conspicuous in his absence) who only want to look at HP, I was complimenting the engine Honda has in there. Would be tons of fun up in the mountains where all you have to do is worry about your line.

In regards to your luggage question; I have been following GT Auto Bike's website as on another forum it was recommended and the rack for the panniers will be 10 000 part PL111 (add another 500 for the V35 compatible rack part PLX111).

The TRK33/46 are 17 and 18 000 respectively. Their capacity, in litres, is the model number. As you can see, you can either open up only part of the side or flip it all the way open.

trk-pic.jpg

The V35 are quite handsome, but cost a princely 28 800. They hold 35 litres and have a carrying capacity of 10 kg.

v35-givi.jpg

The top case rack (model 1111FZ) is 5000. The sky is the limit as long as you purchase the correct mounting plate...M5/M5M at 2900/1900.

If you want to match the TRK33/46, than the Trekker 52 (which can also be used as a side loading pannier) is 19 000. Capacity is 52 litres and load limit is still 10KG.

spd_2012101092615_b.jpg

You can get Asian made Givis for 4 900 or less to match those E21 panniers that you were talking about; however it looks like most of them state a 2 (!) kg load limit. It's hard finding information on the Italian built ones...but you will pay three times as much for them at least.

What do you guys think about this Givi side luggage, it's the E21 with color coded lid, the luggage is sooo expensive, I don't want to be paying over 60K when it is only going to be used half a dozen times a yr, the E21 is a lot more reasonable at approx 5K per side, bracket is about 11k, it's plenty enough for me along with a top case. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388192487.722573.jpg

I had them on a bike (p-lain black top) they are decent. fairly narrow so you have to seriously think how to pack them if you do decide to go with them i have a 2nd set of brackets floating about (universal) you can have them for 2k baht.. but they will not be as easy to fit as the expensive ready made ones... in conclusion decent boxes.. at least with the brackets you can upgrade the boxes if you want.

ps:

Product : GIVI PL1111 Pannier Holder
Fits Motorcycle : Honda NC 700X (2012-2013)
Fitting Instructions : To view PDF CLICK HERE
GIVI PL1111 Pannier Holder is a bike-specific tubular side case holder to fit Honda NC 700X. The side case holder is compatible with all models in the GIVI Monokey Side Case range except the GIVI V35 and V35 Tech Monokey side case. All parts needed to mount the side case holder are included. Installs using simple hand tools. Please note the PL1111 Pannier Holder must be mounted in conjunction with GIVI 1111FZ Monorack arms or the kit explained below:
1111 KIT Option
Select this kit if you would like to use the GIVI PL1111 Pannier Holder without the GIVI 1111FZ Monorack Arms. Essentially, this means that should you want to equip Givi Side Cases in isolation from a Top Box you should select this Kit option.
Edited by casualbiker

Cheers for all that info, I am just going for the coocase S48 at first to see if that meets my carrying needs, this box is very nice, comes with a white lid to match the bike, also comes with remote alarm, phone charger and LED stop light, the box is around 8k would need to get the Givi heavy duty top case bracket, obviously if that is not enough space I would then go for the cheaper color coded E21 Side cases!!

Just come back from a longish ride, in traffic and a bit of highway, top speed was 90kph which is enough for me, at this speed you can see the condition of the road ahead and avoid anything nasty which I did a couple of times, seat is slowly becoming a bit more comfortable, DCT is very good and smooth, not used the manual option too much I prefer auto mode, not used sport mode and doubt I will very much if ever, love the bike, completed 230kms all is good, sorry I can't give you a technical report because 1, I'm not bothered and 2, I can't be bothered, I just drive the bike and enjoy it, I have no idea of its hp! I have no idea of the torque figures, I don't even know how much fuel it carries, I enjoy driving bikes as much as someone who knows the Inside and out of his bike and other bikes, Feeling happier about the synthetic oil situation, it's in the bike and not a lot I can do about it now, I'm sure it will be fine!! Have fun out there peeps!!

• Like 1

Doggy

Something you sit on ( horse,motorbike/ bicycle/elephant) you ride. Something you get into, you drive.

Glad your happy with the Honda!

ride or drive all the same to me! to me ride is something you sit on and don't drive, drive is something you sit on or in and operate, in this case a motorbike! we are all different!

Are you Australian?

Doggy

Something you sit on ( horse,motorbike/ bicycle/elephant) you ride. Something you get into, you drive.

Glad your happy with the Honda!

ride or drive all the same to me! to me ride is something you sit on and don't drive, drive is something you sit on or in and operate, in this case a motorbike! we are all different!

Are you Australian?

Wong!!

Getting close to 1000kms now, the bike is excellent, not been over 100kph but I have had a couple of sprints away from the lights in sports mode( made sure the road ahead was clear before doing this, a quick burst then back to a sensible speed, it's super quick away!! It's fantastic for the traffic and excellent in manual mode, so nice not having to keep pulling the clutch lever in and using the foot changer, it's my cup of tea.

zero gravity tall screen and white Coocase S48 with remote opening and alarm going on tomorrow or Tuesday, still looking for the rear hugger in white.post-166124-13889122895276_thumb.jpg

post-166124-13889123108278_thumb.jpg

Talked to Bigwing, they told me that the bike comes new with semi-synthetic oil as recommended by Honda, all the bikes seem to go onto full synthetic oil after 1000kms, I am going to go with semi then full synthetic at the 6000km service.

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 1

post-166124-13889972786344_thumb.jpg

New front screen fitted, it makes a difference and looks good in my opinion, Coocase top case should be here tomorrow or Wednesday! thought I would include a few bras in the background for the sex starved!!

Edited by dogpoo