Honda NC700X

dogpoo

You must look rather fetching in those bras Dog. I had never previously thought of you as that way inclined.

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

I have a femine side lol I am going on my first ever in my life club ride on the 19th of this month, can't wait, I think I might be the only one with this bike, by the way it's awesome!! I'm also sorting out some protection albeit a waistcoat with armour, I am not comfortable in lots of hot gear, I now wear gloves all the time, I will wear the waistcoat as it is comfortable and 100% cool, I might invest in some Kevlar jeans, boots I will not wear so it will be comfortable trainers, I just love motorbikes!!

Edited by dogpoo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must look rather fetching in those bras Dog. I had never previously thought of you as that way inclined.

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

I have a femine side lol I am going on my first ever in my life club ride on the 19th of this month, can't wait, I think I might be the only one with this bike, by the way it's awesome!! I'm also sorting out some protection albeit a waistcoat with armour, I am not comfortable in lots of hot gear, I now wear gloves all the time, I will wear the waistcoat as it is comfortable and 100% cool, I might invest in some Kevlar jeans, boots I will not wear so it will be comfortable trainers, I just love motorbikes!!

Depending on what bikes the others are riding, be prepared to hit speeds of up to 130 / 140 kmh on these club rides if you don't want to get left behind (and to be invited for future rides). When I ride with Club Versys Thailand, we cruise at 130 kmh. On a recent trip with Real Motosports (Kawasaki - cruising speed on the highways 140 -150). PCX - 80-90 (can't do above 110 on a PCX anyway). With Ducati, anything from 100 to 150 depending on which group you get stuck in

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

Depending on what bikes the others are riding, be prepared to hit speeds of up to 130 / 140 kmh on these club rides if you don't want to get left behind (and to be invited for future rides). When I ride with Club Versys Thailand, we cruise at 130 kmh. On a recent trip with Real Motosports (Kawasaki - cruising speed on the highways 140 -150). PCX - 80-90 (can't do above 110 on a PCX anyway). With Ducati, anything from 100 to 150 depending on which group you get stuck in

Cheers for the advice, I won't allow myself to drive at uncomfortable speeds for anyone, this is not so much a club ride but a ride to a place where there is a meeting etc, a day out, if they drive too fast I will see them there!

I'm not a club rider and I can appreciate others wanting to hit higher speeds, I am happy just doing my own thing, if they don't invite me again I would totally understand!!

Edited by dogpoo

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

Exactly why I prefer to ride alone of with the wife on the back. Only a complete idiot would think that doing 150 on Thai roads is sensible.

• Like 1

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

Exactly why I prefer to ride alone of with the wife on the back. Only a complete idiot would think that doing 150 on Thai roads is sensible.

Your not Wong there, sorry couldn't resist, 150kph is way too fast here considering the standard of driving and the condition of the roads, I am happy at 100kph Max where I can see the road ahead, I might venture up to 120kph if the road is very clear, yes I will never be a pack rider!!

Go onto YouTube and see how fast these people are going on Thai roads, saw a video yesterday of a guy on the Kwaka 800 doing 230kph at night in Bangkok, so fast through traffic that any slight incident would mean the end of him, it's just crazy!! one reply to this video said "you must know the roads very well to be doing those speeds" no he is probably on drugs!!

Edited by dogpoo

^

looks like it peaked at around 233km/r completely safe he had his hazard lights on when hitting warp speed...................yep completely crazy but then anyone that likes to hit a bit off speed has done it at some time or another including myself.

^

looks like it peaked at around 233km/r completely safe he had his hazard lights on when hitting warp speed...................yep completely crazy but then anyone that likes to hit a bit off speed has done it at some time or another including myself.

I can understand people wanting to drive very very fast from time to time but to do it on public roads is just irresponsible, not only is it irresponsible it is putting the speeders life and the life's of others at risk, what about the condition of the road surface, is it possible to see and react quick enough to avoid some of the huge holes on Thai roads? it would not matter how much protective gear the rider is wearing it would not save him at these insane speeds, there is a time and a place for this type of driving, if you want to drive at high speeds do it on a race track where you will be risking your own life and not the life's of others!! There is a lot of bad driving here from the majority of people speeding is by far one of the worst things and is responsible for many deaths, this is fact!!

I can understand people wanting to drive very very fast from time to time but to do it on public roads is just irresponsible, not only is it irresponsible it is putting the speeders life and the life's of others at risk, what about the condition of the road surface, is it possible to see and react quick enough to avoid some of the huge holes on Thai roads? it would not matter how much protective gear the rider is wearing it would not save him at these insane speeds, there is a time and a place for this type of driving, if you want to drive at high speeds do it on a race track where you will be risking your own life and not the life's of others!! There is a lot of bad driving here from the majority of people speeding is by far one of the worst things and is responsible for many deaths, this is fact!!

I believe alcohol is as much to blame as speed. I do agree with you re Protective Clothing at insane speeds, but cannot understand your reluctance to wear protective gear at the speeds YOU RIDE at. They will save/help you for sure. You seem to be very responsible with the safety of your RIDING. Many of us have learnt the hard way and I sincerely hope you do not do the same.

Thanks for your reports on the NC700 BTW.

clap2.gifbiggrin.png

then a cbr250r is OK for you and no need for a cb500f.

I believe alcohol is as much to blame as speed. I do agree with you re Protective Clothing at insane speeds, but cannot understand your reluctance to wear protective gear at the speeds YOU RIDE at. They will save/help you for sure. You seem to be very responsible with the safety of your RIDING. Many of us have learnt the hard way and I sincerely hope you do not do the same.

Thanks for your reports on the NC700 BTW.

I am looking at some gear now, I do not disagree with anyone about the wearing of protective gear, I am looking at a waist coat which has excellent back chest and top of the shoulder protection, that will be good for me, I will look at some elbow protection if it can be got in a sock type form something that can be taken off and stored on the bike, I might invest in a pair of Kevlar jeans, I am now going to wear something!

• Like 1

Crazy!!

usual drill for me and not that crazy.

I'm trying to get my head around your comment not that crazy, are you serious? You don't think it is dangerous to ride at those speeds! up to you I suppose until some one pulls out on you!!

• Like 1

dogpoo, calm down. ll2 has a CBR500 with less than 50hp. Guess its his daily "drill" in his dreams wink.png

Ah okay, we all have dreams I guess!!

Yeah for example wantan dreams a quiet night with his lovely macaques at kao yai national park!:lol:

I was refering to the ride not the speed but anyway i dont expect a macaque lover to understand everyhting anyway!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Crazy!!

I'm trying to get my head around your comment not that crazy, are you serious? You don't think it is dangerous to ride at those speeds! up to you I suppose until some one pulls out on you!!

I like rides like this...to watch on the screen...and don't even dream about doing such a crazy thing myself......there is to many unpredictable risks,like cars changing direction,people crossing,well,dogs for sure...or a flat... etc

...maybe on the race track,but still....or maybe I'm to old for this tongue.png

Let the other do it and hope they live long enough to post it...smile.png

BTW,in the different run on R1 he hit 299km/h w00t.gif

Crazy!!

I like rides like this...to watch on the screen...and don't even dream about doing such a crazy thing myself......there is to many unpredictable risks,like cars changing direction,people crossing,well,dogs for sure...or a flat... etc

...maybe on the race track,but still....or maybe I'm to old for this tongue.png

Let the other do it and hope they live long enough to post it...smile.png

BTW,in the different run on R1 he hit 299km/h w00t.gif

Crazy people, it will all end in disaster eventually, you just have to hope that when it does they don't involve anyone else!! at those insane speeds it will nearly always involve other people!

One of the reasons why I drive sensibly and at lower speeds is because in my last occupation I saw and dealt with many bad accidents, bike accidents always being the worst! I don't ever want to be involved in a bad accident here!!

Edited by dogpoo

Is it the DCT version? Can you get a standard manual transmission version in Thailand - it's the only one I'd be interested in.

Yes it's the DCT version, I can understand you wanting to drive manual, now days with all the traffic it's so much more fun having a bike like this!

Enjoy your new bike...not an HP monster (in fact has approximately the same HP as the 500 series) but a really usable torquey engine.

I'm not interested in a bike that has big hp, biking should be fun and to me it is exactly that!!

....KTM....

Edited by Wavnarok

Yeah for example wantan dreams a quiet night with his lovely macaques at kao yai national park!laugh.png

I was refering to the ride not the speed but anyway i dont expect a macaque lover to understand everyhting anyway!

As a macaque lover i absolutely understand the need of primates to brag wink.png Maybe you not believe it, but at night its actually very quiet in Khao Yai. Lovely. Will be there the next weekend. Imo perfect to combine some riding with having a nice time in beautiful nature. What i really not understand is how people like to waste their weekends on race tracks. But each to their own smile.png

• Like 1

Yeah for example wantan dreams a quiet night with his lovely macaques at kao yai national park!laugh.png

As a macaque lover i absolutely understand the need of primates to brag wink.png Maybe you not believe it, but at night its actually very quiet in Khao Yai. Lovely. Will be there the next weekend. Imo perfect to combine some riding with having a nice time in beautiful nature. What i really not understand is how people like to waste their weekends on race tracks. But each to their own smile.png

Do you mean public road race tracks? You like to have a nice time then comes along a dick doing 230kph and ruins your life!!

There are no "public road race tracks" imo. No i don't like anyone doing such speed in Thailand. On a german autobahn at 3am on Sundays that might be OK if there are no other vehicles, but here its plain stupid at any time on public streets.

People will do it until the inevitable happens and it will happen, it's all in good fun though!! don't forget these bikes are very powerful and are designed to go fast, what's the point of owning such a bike if you can't drive it to the limit, it's called a time and a place and the place is a race track at any time you choice!!

Edited by dogpoo