Gf Wants To Visit Uk

I am currently in Thailand with my GF of 3 years. I have visited Thailand half a dozen times and have spent a few years in this countryto date. Basically my GF plans to return with me for a holiday in the UK and we are not sure about a couple of points for visa application etc.

1 : How far does her bank statements have to go back and how much funds should she ideally have in her bank account for a 3-6 month visit?

2: Is there a better chance of getting a 3 month visa over a 6 month or is it down to finances etc?

3 : We will be staying for a short period with my family so I will be using my mother as a sponsor who has visited us at my GF's house 3 times in the last couple of years - have photo/video's etc. So what are the best kinds of info/evidence for the sponsor to provide?

I am not being lazy (honest :D ) and have searched this forum but we are basically just loking for any gerneral help from you guys who have already done this in the past - the do's & dont's if you like.

Lastly a wee bit of background info. My GF has been in constant employment since she left college over around 10 years ago and earns a good salary for a Thai. She currently works as an accountant and her previous jobs have all been at assistant - managerial level. She also has her own house in BKK.

Any help is greatly appreciated - Cheers ! :o

Scouse, she has been planning leaving her current job for ages now coz she basically hates it (she works for an entirely French based company so that says a lot !) and has never had a proper holiday in her life! She will be happy with 3 or 6 month but since I have a lot of business to take care of while in the UK a 6 month might be a better idea. Myself & my family will be taking care of all of the expenses so she won't need to put out much cash really - she has been there for me in the past more times than I can count and I really want her to have a great time & be able to put her feet up - she deserves it !

cheers!

From the circumstances you've described, your g/f would have an excellent chance of qualifying for a visit visa. However, the one thing that'll make the visa officer think twice is that she'll be leaving her job, so will have no employment to come back to. Your g/f might, therefore, want to arrange to have a job to return to. Failing that, she would be reliant upon convincing the visa officer that she will have no difficulty finding a job when she comes back, and that she's got enough savings to support herself until such a time as she finds a job. She could point to the fact that she's university-educated and that in 10 years she's not had a day of unemployment. There's no fixed amount of savings that is required, just a figure which would seem reasonable. That she owns a house does help her case and she should provide evidence of this.

If your parents are going to be largely financially reponsible for the trip, they will need to show that they have the funds to do so. They will therefore need to support the visa application with evidence of their income/bank statements. It would also assist if they were to write a letter for the visa officer's attention in which they explain that they've previously met your g/f etc. Also supply some of the photos as evidence.

You will additionally need to demonstrate the length of your relationship. If you've largely been living together, this may be difficult. However, try and supply as much evidence as you can and write a covering letter in which you briefly describe your relationship, intentions, and state whether you will be returning to Thailand with her.

In the circumstances, I don't think it really matters whether your g/f opts for a 3- or 6-month visit as the duration is not going to be the deciding factor in her application.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Thanks for the help Scouse my man, I think everything should be cool. Only one more question : how the F*** do you get to land a job as one of these immigration officials ! now theres a thought heheheh

Cheers m8 !