Feb 2 election goes ahead as planned: PM Yingluck

webfact

So the Democrats throw stones at the government saying they have no legitimacy because they don't respect the

judges ruling in the constitution. Now they saw they want the government to ignore the constitutional 60 day window

on holding the next election. Well you do know if Yingluck postpones the election she will be charged with not

following the constitution. A no win situation. Go ahead with the election on February 2nd as constitutionally required.

• Like 1

But if there is no reforms then no matter how rosie the election appears to be, this will all start up yet again.

Reforms that are better organised and stronger still than the 1997 constitution, which was their best restart ever,

are the only thing that can set the mess right.

• Like 2

Reds play politricks and use their PR far better than Yellow. Think the deep south insurgency is the perfect reason why the armed forces need to stand firm with the elected officials, at least on the public stage anyway. Probably what any large Western military would do too, support those that can provide stronger government and justify their moves with some sort of internationally-recognised tactics.

Ms. Yingluck is quite clever to bring this up and again the Reds produce the acceptable statement for a Western media audience, no matter how contrived. Also sets the stage for a security presense for the elections down South, which can in turn lead to other incidents/ crises that may see the tables turned and the Yellows image irreparably damaged internationally as the Reds enjoy an image sponsored by a bit of media ignorance on the world stage. Watching with baited breath, however I think one bloke holds most of the cards, probably with four red face cards and the ace of hearts making up his hand. The opposition lacks a real manageable united front and has no way of playing the underdog card at all or the nation would fall down laughing at them. Progre$$ is coming, and sadly progre$$ takes no prisoners...just chews up and spits out the naive amongst us.

i thought this is a good post til,i got to yingluck is quite clever,,,reading the rest would be completly pointless...you should of edited it sir...no matter how credible the rest is/might be....whistling.gif

In no other country does one see the prime minister having to make daily announcements that an election called is still taking place. The repetition is apparently necessary. No one seems to be listening.

The majority of the country - those who plan to vote for the PM's party or an allied party - has no need to hear what the PM says again and again. Her words are directed at the savage and obdurate minority that seeks to obtain by violence what it can not obtain by the vote.

PTP didn't get a majority of the country voting for them last time. What makes you think more people will vote for them this time?

Take your head out of your arse and look, listen and hear what's really going on in this country.

In no other country does one see the prime minister having to make daily announcements that an election called is still taking place. The repetition is apparently necessary. No one seems to be listening.

The majority of the country - those who plan to vote for the PM's party or an allied party - has no need to hear what the PM says again and again. Her words are directed at the savage and obdurate minority that seeks to obtain by violence what it can not obtain by the vote.

PTP didn't get a majority of the country voting for them last time. What makes you think more people will vote for them this time?

Take your head out of your arse and look, listen and hear what's really going on in this country.

I identified that majority as being not the PTP alone but "the PM's party [PTP] or an allied party". I guess you aren't aware this coaltion did obtain an overwhelming majority of the vote. I guess we know where your head has been. If you give me your address, I'll mail you some toilet paper so you can wipe it off.

I identified that majority as being not the PTP alone but "the PM's party [PTP] or an allied party". I guess you aren't aware this coaltion did obtain an overwhelming majority of the vote. I guess we know where your head has been. If you give me your address, I'll mail you some toilet paper so you can wipe it off.

There was no preannounced coalition. Therefore the combined votes could not possibly have been for it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app