Poster of the Year Vote 2013

smokie36

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Questions for the candidates?

Perhaps some of you would like to pose QUESTIONS to the candidates so that you better judge them?

Candidates can choose to answer or not except theblether who is indisposed.

Of the current front runner, I would like to ask him about his feelings and direct experiences concerning Pattaya baht buses.

Or maybe he thinks he can get away with just sitting on his comfy lead without bothering to ask the pressing questions of his potential constituents?

What do we really know about him anyway?

Myself, I am ready and willing to answer (or evade) any and all voter questions posed by the global audience here.

Perhaps some kind of "debate" can be organized. Smokie?

Top choices represented as sandwiches:

post-37101-0-93473000-1388338572_thumb.j

post-37101-0-70397900-1388338586_thumb.j

post-37101-0-16785600-1388338596_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictured above:

Jingthing represented as Torta Ahogado de Guadalajara, spicy, porky but jewcy, edgy, risky, and interesting. Just might give you the runs!

David48 represented as Processed white bread (heavy on the corn syrup sugar) w/ Lite mayo, predictable, mainstream, safe, empty calories, easy on the tummy, suitable for the unchallenged palates of children (as avatar indicates). Over the long run, leads to morbid obesity.

theblether represented as a Haggisburger, truly revolting to the masses, but an acquired taste, not that there's anything wrong with that

I think these leading candidate PRODUCTS are now well differentiated for your voting pleasure, don't you agree?

Behold, the button of POWER:

Delete My Vote

Edited by Jingthing

top; haggis, mate.

That really takes me back to my Scotmid days... you really know how to tickle a man's fancies there, by the way. Do you have any pictures of Lorne sausage?

SC

I would pay money to be have either the Haggis or the Lorne sausage removed from my immediate vicinity. sick.gif

I would be more than happy to make your sausage disappear JT.....:o:D

This poll is a complete sham. One member single-handedly chooses 20 members and puts them up as candidates for Poster of the Year. I fail to understand why anybody should vote in this poll. I have lost whatever respect I previously had for smokie36.

What does "Ring the Union" mean? I searched the web and found nothing that would make sense in the context of this topic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ring+the+union&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb#channel=fflb&q=%22ring+the+union%22&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Edited by Puccini

This looks more and more like the government and the amnesty bill.

First there is a nomination for post of the year, then at the last minute when the votes are made, they change the subject to poster of the year and amend the title of the first thread.

Seems the Shinawatra's have infiltrated TV now.

This looks more and more like the government and the amnesty bill.

First there is a nomination for post of the year, then at the last minute when the votes are made, they change the subject to poster of the year and amend the title of the first thread.

Seems the Shinawatra's have infiltrated TV now.

New promise:

10 percent increase in snarky posts about Thaksin and Yingluck!

That and ALSO 75 percent reduction in TOTAL posts.

If you like my posts, you can keep them on your hard drive!

This program is called Jingthingacouldcareless. Official name: Adorable Care Act

New endorsement in now in from the Americans for Deporting Cheeky Citizens to Thailand.

Nobody else here is offering the goodies.

Edited by Jingthing

top; haggis, mate.

That really takes me back to my Scotmid days... you really know how to tickle a man's fancies there, by the way. Do you have any pictures of Lorne sausage?

SC

I would pay money to be have either the Haggis or the Lorne sausage removed from my immediate vicinity. sick.gif

THey may just want to do that,.

This poll is a complete sham. One member single-handedly chooses 20 members and puts them up as candidates for Poster of the Year. I fail to understand why anybody should vote in this poll. I have lost whatever respect I previously had for smokie36.

Mate, you're not being really fair to ole smokes.

Indeed this did start out as 'Post of the Year' as you would see from his thread in General started about 3 weeks ago ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/686840-poster-of-the-year-competition-2013/ ... but the calls from the members to make this into a Poster of the Year competition was overwhelming.

... what was he to do?

So, everyone who read the initial thread, nominated someone else ... not them self.

Sure, it might have been a bit messy, but given what he was faced with, an admirable effort.

I have decided where my vote will sit.

This guy went the extra mile in his community by doing something pro active. Getting off his butt and making a difference and that is rare. It was something to be admired for imo and well done Weegee! Nice to see expats out there care about things other than being popular on a forum and what's for dinner.

Well done Weegee!

• Like 2

You all had your chance to nominate people so stop complaining.

In any case it is just a bit of festive fun. rolleyes.gif

I see it looks to be between three of you at the moment....keep the voting coming folks! clap2.gif

Again, do people have QUESTIONS to ask of at least the leading contenders?

Are y'all just gonna let Wonder Bread Dude just sit on his comfy lead without at least having to address constituent queries? Up to you!

On the subject of DEBATES.

Name the time and I'm there. I'm ready to go head to head online and live.

Is the front runner running scared from such a DEBATE?

Edited by Jingthing

Are y'all just gonna let Wonder Bread Dude just sit on his comfy lead without at least having to address constituent queries? Up to you!

Is the front runner running scared from such a DEBATE?

I know what everyone's going to ask...

... February. Summer rugby starts in February when Champions Wigan host League Leaders Huddersfield, on Friday 7th.

SC

Is the front runner running scared from such a DEBATE

By the looks of the current results there seems to be only contenders for 2nd and 3rd place.

Is the front runner running scared from such a DEBATE

By the looks of the current results there seems to be only contenders for 2nd and 3rd place.

Based on what happened LAST YEAR, things can move majorly and rapidly at the very last minute!

So Wonder Bread Dude, will you debate or not?!?

I hereby CHALLENGE you.

Do you accept or decline?

Voters, are you going to reward the candidate who sits on his lead and avoids the issues?

Or give a chance to the challenger who welcomes open discussion and debate?

It ain't over till the fat lady finishes her trifle!

Delete My Vote

Edited by Jingthing

JT, you don't understand that the contest is about posters POSTS during the year. We are not running for the Presidency of the USA to back up their policies with a verbal shootout. rolleyes.gif

Where is the fun in that? Anyway, so you made the rules? Last time I checked there weren't really any rules.

Debate! Debate! Debate!

Demand accountability from your candidates.

Remember the 75 percent promise.

Edited by Jingthing

New promise:

10 percent increase in snarky posts about Thaksin and Yingluck!

That and ALSO 75 percent reduction in TOTAL posts.

Just did the math and you're promising the impossible, increasing your snarky posts while reducing your total post count.

Political Science Major? Or retired Fed Economist? Or just been tuned in here to TV too long?

JT, you don't understand that the contest is about posters POSTS during the year. We are not running for the Presidency of the USA to back up their policies with a verbal shootout. rolleyes.gif

Where is the fun in that? Anyway, so you made the rules? Last time I checked there weren't really any rules.

Debate! Debate! Debate!

Demand accountability from your candidates.

Remember the 75 percent promise.

I fully agree with you JT..I'd love to see a debate...A mass debate would be eye opening for sure

Unfortunately theblether is banned...so he will find it difficult to debate you.

Basically, you are competing for 2nd place with a banned member

Now, I don't want to burst all you candidates bubbles, but only 90 members have actually voted, out of a claimed 160,000 or so laugh.png

Edited by BookMan