2014-bungalows-houses-apartments-for-short-long-term-rental Private listings NON commercial.

Rooo

• 2 weeks later...

Family from Finland with 2 kids (1&3 year) looking house for short term (3week - ~1month) holiday, planned to arrive on island ~21.2.2014

Intested area: Bophut - Choeng mon beach

Requirements
- min. 1 bedroom (preferably 2 to optimize cost & comfort), at least 3 beds needed (planning to take own travel baby coth for the youngest)
- AC at least in bedrooms
- internet
- pool (private or common, bigger the better because 3 year old swims without any aid ~20meters)
- multiple thai restaurants nearby
- beach nearby
- "supermarket" nearby for breakfast kind of stuff (is there one is choeng mon?)

How much should we budget for the house? Do you have plenty of choises with 30k thb/month (~1000thb/day) + electricty, however 20k-25k thb would sound much better smile.png?

Idea is to "survive" without daily taxi or songtaew usage so walking distance to above mentioned places shall not exceed ~1 km, preferably much less. Our main plan is just sit on the spot and wait for days passing... Is the selected area "good one" for that purpose (maenam beach also looks suitable except that I don't know about supermarket stuff).

How about plane noise, how far from fly path has to be so that noise does not distrurb in the morning (doesn't want to wake up 6am to the first plane), is the eastern part of big buddha beach no-go area?

Edited by jinx1980

Driving from Lamai to Maenam, today, I was surprised how many "house for rent" signs there are...(empty) It's a good idea for people to just search around, as many of the houses will not be listed on the internet! (turning at Buddy's on to the Soi One Maenam road...)

here is one! ... but lots around!

IMG_0104.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

As the "house for rent" sign..it doesnt mean the house is available..i ve experienced it. I was looking for a long term rent, drove around for days..calling every number...to be answered..sorry full...sorry available from march or 2015!!..the best would be the favorite thai answer : ..dont know....so yes, driving around is the best option but bring with you a bunch of patience and at telephone credit :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I have the feeling that 50% of houses aren't actually available, 90% of rest is for long term only and the language barrier with private thai renter is too steep and don't forget "losing the face"-thing from equation smile.png. What do you really think, is it possible to find a decent house with decent price during the couple of first days of the holiday just by walking in Choeng Mon area? If it takes much longer then it is definitely not worth even to try it during 1 month holiday... How ever sitting in ~30m^2 resort bungalow with 2 small children is not tempting either.

Any estimation of the rent for a small house with pool?

Example from real life:

During the low season in other location in Thailand it was a complete joke trying to rent a house through an agent. Prices were ridiculous (~4x the price of our first house (which we found from the internet in private listings) which wasn't available for whole holiday) and when trying to bargain about prices after seeing couple of houses where spider nets were growing in the walls the agent said "I'll call the owners and ask final price and let you know". It wasn't hard to guess that the agent never called us smile.png. Finally our landlord called to her friends and we found other house for the rest of the holiday with decent price (still almost ~2x more expensive than her house).

Edited by jinx1980

At this time of year, (High season) it's supply and demand... the demand is high and with that for those looking for the price will generally be higher... (that would be the case anywhere in a tourist destination anywhere in the world..) ....

But many places will give a discount on long term rentals... but a month is hardly "long term"... even though some people think it is!..whistling.gif . Some landlords with houses, would rather not bother renting for short term or give a discount.... for a month.

Yes, some places leave the "For Rent", sign up, whether rented or not... usually if the place has been rented for a month or two... but there are real long term people will to wait...and move in when available... Using an agent is generally a waste of time... Best thing is just to keep asking and looking around.. (ask locals) ... . but not something people here for a month are usually willing to do and you won't generally find places online... as most Thai landlords here would not bother advertising on line....

Some resort / holiday bungalows will give a discount off their day rate for a month or more... some don't... (especially in high season) .... you just need to keep asking ...

With the amount of people staying here long term (a year or more) it's getting harder to find houses or long term living places at a reasonable price... 7000 to 20,000 baht per month range... The more expensive places there might be more of a chance... I've seen some that only get rented out for a few weeks a year... and that is usually at this time of year!

Some places include electric and water, others don't... if it has AC and swimming pool, a garden etc...then the price will be higher to cover maintenance... etc... Make sure to ask when looking... some times best to have a Thai speaker with you, but that's not so easy for people who don't know anyone!

Even local Thai's have a hard time finding reasonably priced decent accommodation... I even get them asking me, if I know places.... wink.pngblink.png

Just one more note: On resorts and kids... some resorts are very child and family friendly.... I've no idea about Choeng Mon area, but there certainly is in Maenam and Ban Por areas... thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

• 1 month later...

There seem to be lots of requests for accommodation but no one offering it. Isn't it more sensible to do it the other way? Advertise what you have available and prospective tenants can contact you?

This is a non commercial thread, I am sure people read it & contact posters. You also have a FREE classified section for Samui, that also deals with rentals.

Looking for a 2 bedroom house for a month rental this April. On or close to beach preferred as well as furnished and wifi. 2 Bungalows next to each other would also be considered. Not necessary to be near a town as I have a car. Flexible incl. dates, anyone have anything they think that would work for us? (Quiet well behaved family with references)

I have a studio for rent in Ban Makham. Bedroom (25 sq.m.) + bathroom (8 sq.m.). Great sea view. Huge communal pool. Very quiet area. Big panoramic windows. 50 meters to the beach. King size bed. Air conditioner. No kitchen. The studio takes the entire floor of a brand new two-floor house. 10,000 bht/month or 3,000 bht/week.

Google Map: 9.559375,99.9280340.gif

post-190721-0-31815400-1394193733_thumb.

post-190721-0-17493100-1394193767_thumb.

post-190721-0-15843000-1394193815_thumb.

post-190721-0-88549700-1394193848_thumb.

post-190721-0-95223700-1394193889_thumb.

post-190721-0-15672200-1394193996_thumb.

post-190721-0-22785600-1394194082_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming with the family and want a two bedroom beach bungalow or house. Would also be happy with a house or resort anywhere on the island if it had something vacation like to offer. Any links or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

FOR RENT -LAST MINUTE PROMOTION After booking canceled. 50% down price. Until 15 April.

Bophut Hills Villa Rental: Koh Samui : Luxuous Villa With Huge Pool And Seaview In A Quiet Residence 5 Bedrooms.

Edited by Rooo
Language

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Looking for a condo or house to rent long term. 6 months to 1 year, and possibly longer.

Chaweng, Boput or Lamui area would be best (in that order).

Something small is fine: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a small kitchen and a laundry area.

Access to fast internet is a plus. Currently using WIDE. Not sure if they have WIDE in Samui, but It's been great for me here in the condo in Bangkok.

Maximum 12,000 per month, but preferably under.

Thanks. wai.gif

52 Year old looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment/house in Bophut, Bangrak, Plai Laem or nearby areas. Long-term (1 year) with possible renewal, move in mid-June.

Must be/have:

• secure
  • peaceful/quiet
  • sea view (but doesn't need to be right on the beach)
  • WIFI
  • kitchen.

Please PM me with anything suitable (but it must have the above as a minimum).

Thank you

Hi I'm looking for a 2 month lease something small is fine: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 20 minutes walking distance to Soi Green Mango Chaweng (stable fast wi-fi a must) ideally with a balcony and air-con must be secure. Need the place starting 1st May 2014 inbox me with all the following details.

1) The all inclusive total price! (no hidden extras) i.e electricity water wi-fi

2) location

3) photos

Cheers

Hiiiiii. Desesperaly looking for a 1bedroom house or appartment with communauty pool anywhere (but near the main rd) between bophut and chaweng noi. up to 15/17000 baths a month. I live and work here. I ve been around, visited some places but the prices have gone crazy! and the nice and cheap places are full ;-). so any tips are welcome!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm looking for somewhere to stay for myself for one month in April, under 16,000 baht. I like to cook for myself so a kitchen area and close to a supermarket or butcher would be ideal.

hi i have few accommodation for rent in koh samui,

1 bedroom apartment in phu chaweng 15.000 thb month

you can contact by facebook : samui Sunshine

post-207728-0-29411500-1398321442_thumb.

post-207728-0-55591200-1398321444_thumb.

post-207728-0-59556600-1398321445_thumb.

post-207728-0-15954600-1398321447_thumb.

post-207728-0-18719400-1398321448_thumb.