Pulled It...........

thequietman

I must be reading and taking a different slant on the whole incident and the replies to you.

Whilst I don't in any way condone the apparent 'show' of force, by him drawing attention to the weapon, why in the first encounter, did you not accept the guy for a few moments and attempt to communicate with him, as briefly as it may have been?

Sure, he could have been quite unstable and or drunk, but maybe, just maybe, a few words here and there could have saved the whole situation getting to what it did.

I remember at a party in Khon Kaen quite a few years back, I had a similar situation with apparent "Tough Guys" trying to show how great they were in the company of Mr Farang, but after a few minutes of just simple chatter, they were very quickly on their way with no problem whatsoever. I did though assume they were trying in some way to initiate a confrontation of sorts, but patience and a few words here and there was all that was required.

You are dealing with different minds and upbringings here which after your long time here should have had you much better prepared.

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Northern Ireland too and it can be a heart stopping moment however you acted correctly and walked away. Absolutely no profit in challenging a <deleted> with a side arm. From reading the article it appears that he only brandished the weapon and neither pulled it or pointed it in your direction. Think he was playing littler big man and looking for a reaction. Try to forget it and statistically you may have another 12 years without incident

• Like 1

I'm from Northern Ireland too and it can be a heart stopping moment however you acted correctly and walked away. Absolutely no profit in challenging a <deleted> with a side arm. From reading the article it appears that he only brandished the weapon and neither pulled it or pointed it in your direction. Think he was playing littler big man and looking for a reaction. Try to forget it and statistically you may have another 12 years without incident

He was probably trying to sell it, what with New Year coming up n' all.

• Like 1

I lived in Walthamstow for 2 years. Hated it, but never had any problems there and none in Thailand after 7 years. Would take Thailand over Walthamstow any day...with or without guns.

Happens almost everyday in the Philippines. Once in the long time you been here? Pretty good.

Every day? You never been to Walthamstow have you?

I just did a job there. Next to Blackhorse Road station. Ohhhh . . . no ta!

• Like 1

been here 12 yrs meself - about 4 years ago on a nice bright sunday morning 8 am... young kid about 20-25 from rich 3 house compound across the street fired a couple of bullets off and is dancing around in circles in the middle of our small street with some 9 mm gun totally yaba'd out of his mind and yelling stuff... so I go out to the front yard to see what the heck is going on... so i give him the evil eye stare but as he is dancing around in a circle I get a slow mo picture of the center hole of the barrel in my mind's eye pointing right at me.... but he kept dancing around for a minute more until dad or uncle came out and grabbed him... but the wiff gave me heck for even going outside - I was only 30 ft away from the kid... never saw the son again as the family must have shipped him off somewhere after that...but will remember the big barrel hole ...damn... anyway - better to laugh it off here or walk away... even if he just raised his shirt to show off his gun - he might have 7 friends right there that would jump you in a new york minute if you tried and got his gun away...

• Like 1

I lived in Walthamstow for 2 years. Hated it, but never had any problems there and none in Thailand after 7 years. Would take Thailand over Walthamstow any day...with or without guns.

Happens almost everyday in the Philippines. Once in the long time you been here? Pretty good.

Every day? You never been to Walthamstow have you?

I just did a job there. Next to Blackhorse Road station. Ohhhh . . . no ta!

I used to work right there, too! Was it "L'Unico" coffee company by any chance??

The moment he lifts his T shirt and you see the gun,

hit him as hard as you can on his nose,keep hitting,normally 1 or 2 blows

is enough,remove his probably bb gun ,and leave the place.

If some one tries to stop you.....lift you t-shirt, but beware.... it's not me !beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

• Like 1

looe got the best pasties,,but the torpoint ferry guys throwing them at each other as they pass buy on the tamar is fun...biggrin.png ..longest chained ferry in the world is its claim to fame..

Come on let's go. I'll pick you up at the airport. I could do with some real food right now.

I was in the Country Saloon in Bangkok many years ago drinking it up and made an acquaintance with a off duty police officer still in his uniform but without his jacket. Nice fellow. After having a couple beers with him he pulled out his gun from under his shirt. I said nice gun and thought to myself I'm glad he`s a friend and I didn't do anything to piss him off.

Another time I was working up in Udon Thani. Our old driver carried his 44 magnum in his glove box. One time after work we went to a disco and he brings his 44 magnum into the bar. He said he was afraid it would get stolen from his truck.

Guns are very prevalent in Thailand. Probably more so than in America.

I sympathize with you,, until someone pulls a gun on you it doesn't really sink in,, it's easy to make fun and make jokes but the most beautiful girl i have ever known had a gun shoved in her face during a robbery and she has been traumatized until this day, she is physically beautiful (could be a model) but mentally scarred, it pissed me off because i would have traded places with her in a heart beat. It's until you hold a gun in your hand or even shoot one that it sinks in as to the damage it can cause, i have used many weapons but today i have great respect for them and would rather not be in contact with a weapon in any circumstances, they kill, especially in the wrong hands, it's the wild wild west as we know it here so i think let the others be cowboys, but i'll be alive coward. General Patton once said, "you don't win wars by dying for your country, you win wars by making the other guy die for his country" i agree, today guns scare me in Thailand, let the Thais do what they like, i don't want to die here.

You have never been to one of our American cities, Have you? I suggest that you never go to New York, Chicago, LA..... You would find it impossible to even walk down the street!

I believe 90 percent of these that I'm reading are off the subject.Why do people get off the subject?

Anyway on the subject.If I didn't know him from the beginning I would have probably gone somewhere else.I don't get along

With others much less strangers.So 9 out of 10 I wouldn't have been in the area when he showed the piece.At least he didn't pull it out and pull the trigger.

I believe 90 percent of these that I'm reading are off the subject.Why do people get off the subject?

Anyway on the subject.If I didn't know him from the beginning I would have probably gone somewhere else.I don't get along

With others much less strangers.So 9 out of 10 I wouldn't have been in the area when he showed the piece.At least he didn't pull it out and pull the trigger.

Humourless place, isn't it?

It's my honest belief and I've said it many times here, everyone should move to Devon.

I went to Devon recently and all they pulled on me was a jam scone and a cuppa tea.

Bloody hell mate, that sounds dangerous, was the scone loaded? You ok?

I'm from Dorset, and those Dorset Tea Cafes can be pretty hardcore places, but it's nothing to a Devon scone fight!!

It's my honest belief and I've said it many times here, everyone should move to Devon.

I went to Devon recently and all they pulled on me was a jam scone and a cuppa tea.

I'm from Dorset, and those Dorset Tea Cafes can be pretty hardcore places, but it's nothing to a Devon scone fight!!

The tea . . . was an Earl Grey.

We live in dangerous times.

they even mention Devon in vin diesels New film scone in 60 seconds.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I sympathize with you,, until someone pulls a gun on you it doesn't really sink in,, it's easy to make fun and make jokes but the most beautiful girl i have ever known had a gun shoved in her face during a robbery and she has been traumatized until this day, she is physically beautiful (could be a model) but mentally scarred, it pissed me off because i would have traded places with her in a heart beat. It's until you hold a gun in your hand or even shoot one that it sinks in as to the damage it can cause, i have used many weapons but today i have great respect for them and would rather not be in contact with a weapon in any circumstances, they kill, especially in the wrong hands, it's the wild wild west as we know it here so i think let the others be cowboys, but i'll be alive coward. General Patton once said, "you don't win wars by dying for your country, you win wars by making the other guy die for his country" i agree, today guns scare me in Thailand, let the Thais do what they like, i don't want to die here.

Don't worry, you're not gonna die, MJP has more chance of that, with the 'Devon scone killers' still on the loose.
  • Like 1

You have never been to one of our American cities, Have you? I suggest that you never go to New York, Chicago, LA..... You would find it impossible to even walk down the street!

Of course. Everyone who ever tried to live in one of those cities is now dead. That's just how it works. That's why New York is vacant. Idiots tried to walk down the street.

"Never ever trust a Thai with a firearm,very unpredictable"

No respect for life....

Thank your good lady ,may have saved your life !!!!

You should go to South Florida USA then, after a few weeks there you will think Thais are very responsible. Just the other day I read about some guy sticking the gun in his belt behind his back and shot himself in the ass.

"Never ever trust a Thai with a firearm,very unpredictable"

No respect for life....

Thank your good lady ,may have saved your life !!!!

You should go to South Florida USA then, after a few weeks there you will think Thais are very responsible. Just the other day I read about some guy sticking the gun in his belt behind his back and shot himself in the ass.

Yeah, but America's a dump.

[Dives for cover]