What Thai food, herb, spice do you take for health purposes?

Nepal4me

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multivitamin, and fish oil capsules. Lots of spinach and avocado for natural vitamin & minerals. Probably the best thing I take is to avoid caffeine and alcohol, and keep salt low. The long term effect of all three is not good.

The latest studies show multivitamins are a waste of money. Coffee and tea in moderation is actually health promoting for MOST people. Alcohol as well except there are calorie issues with that.

Multivitamin, and fish oil capsules. Lots of spinach and avocado for natural vitamin & minerals. Probably the best thing I take is to avoid caffeine and alcohol, and keep salt low. The long term effect of all three is not good.

The latest studies show multivitamins are a waste of money. Coffee and tea in moderation is actually health promoting for MOST people. Alcohol as well except there are calorie issues with that.

Coffee in moderation is ok, it has a lot of good properties.

Also salt here in Thailand is not a bad thing especially if you exercise outdoors. I'm a runner, I actually take salt tablets.

Glass or 2 of red wine is good too.

So, I guess I don't agree with Jingthing on those 3 items.

Also salt here in Thailand is not a bad thing especially if you exercise outdoors. I'm a runner, I actually take salt tablets.

Huh? Sounds like you DO agree with me. Salt of course SOME is needed for survival, too much is bad.

occasional coffee from seven for medicinal purposes.

b4 i didnt drink coffee at all and was afflicted by an artificial environmental chemical that most other people arent. tracked it down to my not drinking coffee. somewhat like walk in the valley of death (todays toxic chemical laden office environment) but fear no evil because you drink coffee.

not impressed that this chemical passes health regs solely because all testers were coffee drinkers. yes coffee cures my exposure to the chemical. yes many many years of silent suffering before it clicked.

Edited by Naked Snake

Huh? Sounds like you DO agree with me. Salt of course SOME is needed for survival, too much is bad.

Oops, I guess I meant Celso, not Jingthing wai2.gif

Turmeric is great - very underrated. But some people taking blood pressure tablets like beta blockers need to take a bit of care. I found it does affect the efficacy. Otherwise, a garlic tablet, fish oil tablet, vitamin C tablets, low dose aspirin and half a pint of kefir yogurt every day for me. and a couple of beers.

i agree with most of your posting but would like to state that beta blockers are taken mainly for another reason than reducing blood pressure. being a heart patient (quadruple coronary and single aorta bypass) with life long very low blood pressure the daily intake of beta blockers reduces my heart frequency and blocks the receptors of stress hormones, e.g. adrenaline.

my favourite Thai health food which i take combined with nearly every other food is (very fine cut) "prik nam pla":

21-large.jpg

Topic is about HERBS, pla = fish, not a herb

yada yada yakety yak! nam pla is not fish but fermented fish sauce. the main ingredients in "prik nam pla" are red and green chilis. they have a right to exist next to ginger and all the other stuff which was posted.

now go back to your dark corner, repent and don't talk without being asked when grown-ups discuss their "dietary add-ons" laugh.png

• Like 2

the latest studies will always show something different and provide new BS to confuse the layman. best is not to bother with any of the "latest" studies saai.gif

my favourite Thai health food which i take combined with nearly every other food is (very fine cut) "prik nam pla":

21-large.jpg

yada yada yakety yak! nam pla is not fish but fermented fish sauce. the main ingredients in "prik nam pla" are red and green chilis. they have a right to exist next to ginger and all the other stuff which was posted.

now go back to your dark corner, repent and don't talk without being asked when grown-ups discuss their "dietary add-ons" laugh.png

If you think a sauce is a herb, you might be the one in need of growing up.

Nampla has not have any particular benefits itself apart from the fact that it contains chillies and it would be more relevant to state their use in food preservation in hot climate, and ward off bacterial, fungal and viral illnesses, than speculate about the age of posters.

21-large.jpg

Nampla has not have any particular benefits itself apart from the fact that it contains chillies and it would be more relevant to state their use in food preservation in hot climate, and ward off bacterial, fungal and viral illnesses, than speculate about the age of posters.

yes i've heard that mental deficencies/reading deficencies are caused by a lack of chilies, you obviously aren't eating enough priknamplaa. quite common among farang women though so nothing unusual

Edited by Naked Snake

yes i've heard that mental deficencies/reading deficencies are caused by a lack of chilies, you obviously aren't eating enough priknamplaa. quite common among farang women though so nothing unusual

Where does this hilarious info come from ?

Thai soaps?

Sorry fungus, viruses or bacterias don't trigger mental illness, but Thai soaps do smile.png

Thai soaps?

Sorry fungus, viruses or bacterias don't trigger mental illness, but Thai soaps do smile.png

i am not going to tell you. you are obviously quite content with your soaps,

i am outta 'ere

Thai soaps?

i am not going to tell you. you are obviously quite content with your soaps,

i am outta 'ere

Oh please do share this vital important health news.

I am sure alot of posters are interested in knowing more on how "Nampla combat mental deficiencies".

My bible in terms of Thai herbal remedies is "Thai Herbal" by C Pierce Salguero, a wonderful useful book to have here.

What's yours ?

21-large.jpg

and if you think i said nam pla is a herb you have to brush up your reading capabilities. that notwithstanding the fact that i mentioned "prik nam pla" which is as justified as the things other posters mentioned such as turmeric, garlic, whole milk, Moringa Leaf Powder, ginseng, fish oil capsules, aspirin, multivitamins, green tea, black coffee, sator beans, bitter melon, spinach, avocado, calcium tablets, Green Herbal Smoking Stuff, Pandanus, Bael fruit, Chrysanthemums, Roselle, Bai Bobo chlorophyll and Moringa oleifera.

to get rid of your frustration i suggest to beat up your neighbour before you retire again to your dark corner.

p.s. make sure the neighbour does not treat you with

antiwankspray%20vs.jpg

It depends what salts you take. Refined salt is bad for you full stop. Natural salts, i.e rock or sea salt are essential. Refined salts cause arteries to block because of glass and sand used to refine the salt. The cholesterol is produced to repair the damage caused by the glass and salt.

It depends what salts you take. Refined salt is bad for you full stop. Natural salts, i.e rock or sea salt are essential. Refined salts cause arteries to block because of glass and sand used to refine the salt. The cholesterol is produced to repair the damage caused by the glass and salt.

not to talk of the depleted uranium, alien heavy metals from the Delta Quadrant, rat poison and various pesticides which are used to refine salt.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

and if you think i said nam pla is a herb you have to brush up your reading capabilities. that notwithstanding the fact that i mentioned "prik nam pla" which is as justified as the things other posters mentioned such as turmeric, garlic, whole milk, Moringa Leaf Powder, ginseng, fish oil capsules, aspirin, multivitamins, green tea, black coffee, sator beans, bitter melon, spinach, avocado, calcium tablets, Green Herbal Smoking Stuff, Pandanus, Bael fruit, Chrysanthemums, Roselle, Bai Bobo chlorophyll and Moringa oleifera.

to get rid of your frustration i suggest to beat up your neighbour before you retire again to your dark corner.

p.s. make sure the neighbour does not treat you with

antiwankspray%20vs.jpg

Wow so much tension!

Be assured I have no frustration to get rid of, just enjoying a healthy debate about health on these first days of a new year, if I may.

May I suggest Mulberry tea, neem and peppermint tea ?

It's brilliant for stress, anxiety and nervousness.

It's only a discussion about Thai remedies. Relax !

Is this OK to say you are still wrong or are you going to get angry again?

Anyway, let's try... According to the China Study, any animal protein is toxic for human consumption, so a fish being an animal I don't see how Namplaa could be beneficial for any human.

Lastly as you so elegantly and eloquently mentioned masturbation, can I point out it has been proven to prevent cystitis, diabetes and cancer, without aggravation on your part?

Happy New Year !

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

Mangosteen extract.

Great Prostaglandin E2 and histamine inhibitor. Don't know if it's action is by stabilizing the mast cells or reducing histamine and PGE2 directly but in my case it sure works for allergies and other inflammatory conditions.
Another useful thing derived from the same fruit (skin) is saccharomyces boulardii, a "probiotic" yeast used to combat diahhrea caused by antibiotics. It's also used for the treatment of some inflammatory bowel diseases.

I'm impressed with all the stuff people take. Can someone tell me the benefits of turmeric and ginger ? I would love to give up the blood pressure meds taking .

Be very careful about taking "alternative" medication in addition to that prescribed by a Doctor.

Always seek medical advise before stopping any prescribed medication and ensure that any "alternative" is actually safe when taken in conjunction with your medication.

The only source of informed advise on these issues is your Doctor or in some cases a reputable web site such a the one provided by the Mayo Clinic.

Is it true that young coconut water is very healthy ? It's so cheap to buy here and I have been told that coconut water contains a lot of good stuff.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is it true that young coconut water is very healthy ? It's so cheap to buy here and I have been told that coconut water contains a lot of good stuff. Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hmm so its you fault. the price has nearly double since new year,

I'm impressed with all the stuff people take. Can someone tell me the benefits of turmeric and ginger ? I would love to give up the blood pressure meds as well.

Watch "forks over knives" and "fat sick and nearly dead"