Child passport

Hello everyone. Is it true that if I apply for my Thai daughters British passport( I am British and married to her mum ) I have to have a countersignitory from the US, UK, EU or Commomwealth with the appropriate passport. Can it not be a professional Thai person?

From C2 notes you can download by going through steps on previously posted link.

Note 6 – Section 8 – Countersignature All passport applications for children under the age of 12 need to be countersigned. Applications for children aged 12-15 years of age need to be countersigned for first time applications. This should be by someone who has known YOU (not the child) personally for at least two years. That person should be a British citizen, Irish national, EU national, other British national or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing. If you do not know a British national or other Commonwealth citizen locally with those qualifications, a citizen of the country in which you are residing may complete and sign the form, provided he/she has a similar standing in that country has known you for two years and the Passport Manager considers his/her signature to be acceptable. A member of your family should not countersign. (See also Note 7, ‘Photographs’). In certain cases you may be asked to produce further documentary evidence of identity for the child

Hello everyone. Is it true that if I apply for my Thai daughters British passport( I am British and married to her mum ) I have to have a countersignitory from the US, UK, EU or Commomwealth with the appropriate passport. Can it not be a professional Thai person?

Yes it could be a thai professional person provided the person who is processing the application "accepts" that persons countersignature there is nothing in rules which says you can't do it, however being the British civil service, it would be preferred that the person signing is British as it's easy for them to check the person is "legit" as they can check that persons passport number as you have to state it on the application form