Police rally in Bangkok to demand arrest of cop killer

webfact

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone ever feels sorry for any of these cops, they owe it to be audited of their financial gains. A lot of these cops, probably own several house and cars that maybe obtained in a suspcious method.

Using your own logic it's not unreasonable for anyone to suggest that you should be audited also as you probably own several houses and cars obtained by dubious methods.

Yes, I know the above is ridiculous and unfounded but then so is what you posted.

The reasons given by the Protesters and their Leaders for so many Thai Nationals protesting and Supporting Suthep and his plan to Completely Revamp Thailand is:

Corrupt Government to the Core that the Protesters feel will Never Change without a Ground Up Cleaning.

Corupt and Ineffective Police Force that can not be changed without a complete reform

Corruption is accptable in All aspects of life and business in Thailand,

Police fight for their dignity, honour slain colleague
Phathinya Iamtan
The Nation

30223258-01_big.gif
Female police line up with hundreds of their colleagues in a rally at the Royal Plaza yesterday

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of police gathered at the Royal Plaza yesterday to commemorate the death of a fellow officer and to call on their bosses to take care of them at the operational level.

The group, which included commissioned and non-commissioned officers, declared that they would not let their dignity be destroyed.

They wore black ribbons on their arm and observed a period of silence to pay respect to Pol Senior Sergeant Narong Pitisit, who was shot in clashes with protesters at the Thai-Japanese Stadium in Din Daeng last Thursday.

The officers also called for the authorities to take legal action against people who hurt police.

A group, calling themselves an assembly to protect the dignity of police, issued a six-point statement, saying they would uphold the constitutional monarchy, but they had the right to protect themselves and people who attack them should be prosecuted.

They said they were against the use of violence against police and moves to instigate rifts and hatred against the force. They also said that moves to frame officers and destroy the rule of law must be monitored.

Metropolitan Police Division 7 chief Pol Maj-General Piya Tawichai took the statement and said the Royal Thai Police chief General Adul Saengsingkaew and Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Camronwit Toopgrajank stood alongside their subordinates and advised them to stick to the law. They said they would not take a step back to keep the peace.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-31

From Richard Barrow Tweets.

Sitting ducks not defending themselves.

His comment :

"Are slingshots regular police issue?"

Bce-lWvIgAAlz8q.jpg

The officer with the slingshot is clearly committing an illegal act. Will he be identified and charged?

I await our government supporters telling us there weren't enough shotguns, and that he felt left out and wanted to help. And I can't help speculate that others with the same attitude might pull out a handgun a pop off a few rounds to help discourage the protesters.

Police fight for their dignity, honour slain colleague

Phathinya Iamtan

The Nation

30223258-01_big.gif

Female police line up with hundreds of their colleagues in a rally at the Royal Plaza yesterday

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of police gathered at the Royal Plaza yesterday to commemorate the death of a fellow officer and to call on their bosses to take care of them at the operational level.

The group, which included commissioned and non-commissioned officers, declared that they would not let their dignity be destroyed.

They wore black ribbons on their arm and observed a period of silence to pay respect to Pol Senior Sergeant Narong Pitisit, who was shot in clashes with protesters at the Thai-Japanese Stadium in Din Daeng last Thursday.

The officers also called for the authorities to take legal action against people who hurt police.

A group, calling themselves an assembly to protect the dignity of police, issued a six-point statement, saying they would uphold the constitutional monarchy, but they had the right to protect themselves and people who attack them should be prosecuted.

They said they were against the use of violence against police and moves to instigate rifts and hatred against the force. They also said that moves to frame officers and destroy the rule of law must be monitored.

Metropolitan Police Division 7 chief Pol Maj-General Piya Tawichai took the statement and said the Royal Thai Police chief General Adul Saengsingkaew and Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Camronwit Toopgrajank stood alongside their subordinates and advised them to stick to the law. They said they would not take a step back to keep the peace.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-12-31

Dignity, honour? About 10km from where I live in Ranong. The police from Phang Nga brought a drug dealer to an isolated spot, butchered him and tossed his body into a ravine. They then called the local police to tell them where the body was. He was punished for not paying the tea money.

There's more to this story than meets the eye. This is about somebody drawing a line, staking out a position. It suggests the police think they know who did the shooting but are being prevented from acting. Someone is sending a message with this protest and it's not clear to an outsider what that is.

• Like 2

Instead of wasting your time rallying, what about doing some policework to catch the killer??whistling.gif

Or is that too simple?

Unless their 'Superiors' order them to actually undertake an investigation they cannot 'Do some policework' as you so aptly phrase it.

I understood that the demonstration was to indicate to their 'superiors' that they are dissatisfied with the current ROE that they are working under and would like to be more proactive in their approach to blatant disregard of the rule of law by Suthep and his followers.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

Police demand right to self-defence in wake of protests

In the statement, the police group said that the perpetrators who harmed the policemen on duty must be penalized quickly. They vowed to resist the use of force against the police and to resist attempts to incite unrest and division in the society, especially those who bent on undermining public faith in the police.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2013-12-30

Do these Bozo's really know what the majority of people think about The BIB. It's almost as comical as Thaksin suing people for damaging his reputation.

Better fit they did their job properly.

It's almost as if they are saying we will act on our own to get justice, because the legal system has failed us.

32 posts to get to the crux of the matter, at last. They know who did it (or can guess the unit responsible) and are being told not to pursue it by "higher-ups".

So all the people who died in 2010 committed suicide??whistling.gif

You should apply for a job with the Royal Thai Police, they like suicide-theories! Makes life easier!coffee1.gifattachicon.gifpoirot.jpg

Mr Tingtong on the job!

No of course not, why can't you ever acccept an argument without trying to twist it into something it isn't ? You get some kind of kick out of trying to irritate people, I know...Give me a photo of Suthep with a gun in his hands or a recording of him saying 'go and murder people' - No, thought not. He did his job, Thaksin didn't like it because he lost. The point is it was reds who burnt down buildings and we have evidence that the 'blacks' were on the red side. Now kindly go and troll someone else, or find some brain cells and make a rational argument...?

Have to say that you are the one disconnected from reality, and twisting the truth. Happy upcoming dictatorship os sutheptorship.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

More pointless drivel from red fools. So a Thaksin dictatorship is better ? I think not !

Forensics officially released have revealed that both fatalities - policeman and protester - were caused from a high vantage point, outside the reach of protesters, and likely police, as well. The photo of men in black was much publicized and distributed. But it seems leads - neither through photography nor science - direct investigations here. Until they do, these crimes are not likely to be discouraged.

Exactly. Who were those black clad and masked covering the CCTV cameras? There was a video catching them in the act posted on this very forum. Why haven't they been caught and interrogated? If those on this forum are still denying a 'third hand' is in play here, they are delusional.

What possible dignity is this corrupt mafia force talking about?

People enter this organisation for one reason to make money from extortion fromk the public…..nothing else

A starting salary of just over 1,500 baht a month (inc Police accommodation) says it all…it is all based on WHAT they can earn on top.

Corruption at is finest and I hope as someone who has paid police a twice monthly business fee for many years that this shower of corrupt $igs get reformed a.s.a.pbah.gif

A fine example of the mentality and the I.Q. level of these ''public servants.''

They really are a pathetic excuse as a bunch of human beings who can't or won't do the job they are trained and employed to do.

Fine first class service at extorting money both motorcycle and taxicab drivers and the motorist in general along with the commercial vehicle drivers too and let's not forget the bus drivers neither.

Fine at trashing motorcycles and cars and terrorising women as so recently seen on Channel 7 a couple of days back..

Never in my born days have I encountered such a pathetic, spineless, useless corrupt group of objects as we see in the O.P. image

'Tis indeed a shame we are not able to call upon the services of the ''Keystone Cops.'' They would have indeed put this current bunch of of turd polishers to shame

They did not choose to be un-educated. They dide choose, though, to join a force with leaders seeing it as a pro that they have no education and little or no understanding of how such a service should be operating. As a member of the force you are obliged to join in on the corruption and the system of money trickling (is that a word?) upwards. If not you're out. So who deserves our fingers pointing at them? The mindless, un-educated and often brute idiots whom we meet on the streets or their educated leaders incl. politicians who live their more than comfortable lives riding on their backs and cheering them on?

A fine example of the mentality and the I.Q. level of these ''public servants.''

They really are a pathetic excuse as a bunch of human beings who can't or won't do the job they are trained and employed to do.

Fine first class service at extorting money both motorcycle and taxicab drivers and the motorist in general along with the commercial vehicle drivers too and let's not forget the bus drivers neither.

Fine at trashing motorcycles and cars and terrorising women as so recently seen on Channel 7 a couple of days back..

Never in my born days have I encountered such a pathetic, spineless, useless corrupt group of objects as we see in the O.P. image

'Tis indeed a shame we are not able to call upon the services of the ''Keystone Cops.'' They would have indeed put this current bunch of of turd polishers to shame

They did not choose to be un-educated. They dide choose, though, to join a force with leaders seeing it as a pro that they have no education and little or no understanding of how such a service should be operating. As a member of the force you are obliged to join in on the corruption and the system of money trickling (is that a word?) upwards. If not you're out. So who deserves our fingers pointing at them? The mindless, un-educated and often brute idiots whom we meet on the streets or their educated leaders incl. politicians who live their more than comfortable lives riding on their backs and cheering them on?

If they find the corruption surrounding them to be acceptable and if they find being forced to be involved in corruption to be acceptable then take the criticism and the labeling and accept the chance of being caught and punished. There is the possibility (perhaps remote, who knows) that someone will come along and be successful at changing all of this, and when and if that happens accept your fate. (Mind you I'm not holding my breath about such a happening.)

There is another option - pens and paper are readily available, and there is a Thai word for resignation.

And please don't say, 'but they have few other job opportunities'. Not appropriate comment whatever way look at it.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

These are BKK cops and if what I read elsewhere the ones who were (are) there at the time of the shootings were from the north and northeast, drafted in to ensure they were all PT supporters.

They are right in that there is not enough being done to bring cop killers, and killers of others to justice.

In this case I suspect the reluctance may well be because of who the ones are that have done the shooting.

It could well be that the high ups know or have a pretty good idea of who it is but that person or those persons are in the untouchable class.

In other cases such as the red bull lout and Chalerms sons, one of whom is now an officer in the force, I didn't see any cops coming out and protesting then.

He was from Talat Phlu - Thon Buri.

Traffic cop murdered by the "men in black" - Thaksin's mercenary agent provocateurs out to create murder & mayhem yet again.

The killer is Suthep who is wipping the mad, crazy and lunitics of Thailand into a frenzy. He is in charge of all the nut cases of the country who are following the orders of the biggest nutcase on the planet

555 and ordering the burning of Bangkok is the actions of a sane man?

Deleted quote edited out

"red farang clowns" you might mean the scum living here in Thailand getting one way or the other money from their home country, hanging around in bars, married with an (ex) bar-lady , the type of which you see 13 in a dozen and mostly under educated and meaningless.

Well my friend, I don't belong in that category, in invested a lot of money in Thailand, I own a company with 153 employee's , I am not red, nor yellow, but I am sure i will not invest anymore in Thailand if Suthep gets what he wants, and I am not the only investor who thinks like that, as even the biggest Thai companies like PTT stated already that one seeking to invest in Asia, better check neighbouring countries, because of this bastard Suthep is playing with our investments !!!!

I agree 100 % on Chooka !

• Like 1