Tasers / Stun Gun's

kankaroo

Just wondering the legal status of these devices which I have seen more recently been sold on the street corners along with the usual assortment of swords/knives/knuckle dusters etc. Fancy getting one just for the hel_l of it as they are illegal in the UK where I come from. Also does anyone know if they are the real deal and work (and how would you test that out :D ). Just a thought but I dont want to risk being at the mercy of the boys in brown ! :o

Hi, ok here is the deal. It is legal to buy and own one but illegal to carry it in public. In order to carry it home from the place you bought it you must remove the batteries and carry it home in a bag. If it is a one that you charge up then the internal battery must be fully discharged before you take it on the street. You may keep it charged at home but if you carry it on the street you can be arrested and face a fine, inprisonment or both. If you do use it on someone be very careful as if they have a weak heart you can easily kill them.

If you take it back to the UK there is now a mandatory prison sentance if you are caught in possesion and owning one is classed as a firearms offence.

Cheers Noodles.

If you take it back to the UK there is now a mandatory prison sentance if you are caught in possesion and owning one is classed as a firearms offence.

And a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment on indictment. Possession of a prohibited weapon (which this is) is contrary to Section 5 Firearms Act 1968.

Common sense also says that if you carry one, it can just as easily be taken off you and used against you. Why bother?

I have two questions:

How much do they cost?

and...

Is it considered OTT to electrocute your co-workers with a taser as a prank?

Q1. you can buy them for as cheep as B400 in Bangkok for a real poor quality one, or as much as B30,000 for a profesional one.

Q2. If they are anything like the people i work with i would say NO its not.

PS you are just as likely to electicute yourself with a poor quality cheep one as you are the other person. :o

Common sense also says that if you carry one, it can just as easily be taken off you and used against you. Why bother?

Well said :o

And it doesn,t apply only to stun guns either:-

16 May 2006

WPC STABBED WITH HER KITCHEN KNIFE

Fatal wound may match missing blade

By Ben Spencer

PART-TIME policewoman Nisha Patel-Nasri may have been stabbed to death with her own kitchen knife.

Detectives yesterday revealed a distinctive 8in blade was missing from the special constable's knife block.

They believe Nisha, 29, may have taken it with her when she went in her nightdress to warn off would-be car thieves.

Detectives think it was taken from her and used to inflict the fatal wound in her groin.

Police have found no trace of the knife inside her home or in the surrounding area.

Detective Superintendant Julian Worker, who is leading the murder hunt, appealed for anyone who has seen it to come forward.

I have two questions:

How much do they cost?

and...

Is it considered OTT to electrocute your co-workers with a taser as a prank?

Q1. you can buy them for as cheep as B400 in Bangkok for a real poor quality one, or as much as B30,000 for a profesional one.

Q2. If they are anything like the people i work with i would say NO its not.

PS you are just as likely to electicute yourself with a poor quality cheep one as you are the other person. :o

Ah well, I will have to stick to the BB gun for now then :D

Ah well, I will have to stick to the BB gun for now then

Unfortunately, airguns are classed as firearms here so they're strictly regulated. Any gun that uses some sort of gas to shoot its projectile is a "firearm" according to the law. Better to stick with slingshots, bows and crossbows if you want to get rid of any pests (soi dogs, etc)

QUOTE(sadman @ 2006-05-16 17:21:58)

---------------------------------------------------------

NOT TRUE. The ones I saw had a wrist strap which has a special pin on the end of the rope. If you miss your intended victim (which would be pretty hard unless you are retarded) and they manage to grab it off you it is then useless without the pin connector which is safely strapped to your wrist. NOW if the person manages to get that off your wrist it probably means you are unconcious anyway so it wouldn't matter much ! :o

Ah well, I will have to stick to the BB gun for now then

Unfortunately, airguns are classed as firearms here so they're strictly regulated. Any gun that uses some sort of gas to shoot its projectile is a "firearm" according to the law. Better to stick with slingshots, bows and crossbows if you want to get rid of any pests (soi dogs, etc)

Nah crossbows are too lethal to use on coworkers, there will just be too much blood. I shall stick with rocks and ice filled waterguns for the time being.

Nah crossbows are too lethal to use on coworkers, there will just be too much blood. I shall stick with rocks and ice filled waterguns for the time being.

Ah, so coworkers are your pests :o Are you a teacher? When I used to teach high school, it was the students who needed were the biggest problem but there were always a few coworkers who could have used a few rocks and ice filled water guns.